Lounges that will serve kids' menu items

juniperberry123

Earning My Ears
Which lounges will get kids items from the kids' menu from their neighboring restaurant?

My husband and I would like to try a few lounges this trip but we have kiddos who don't like the appetizers on the lounge menu. Does anyone have experience with the lounges being willing to bring the kids a kids' meal from the restaurant next door?

A few I'm especially curious about:
Nomad Lounge
Enchanted Rose
Trader Sams
Tambu Lounge

Thanks!

Last edited:
Which lounges will get kids items from the kids' menu from their neighboring restaurant?

My husband and I would like to try a few lounges this trip but we have kiddos who don't like the appetizers on the lounge menu. Does anyone have experience with the lounges being willing to bring the kids a kids' meal from the restaurant next door?

Nomad Lounge
Enchanted Rose
Trader Sams

Thanks!

None of them will. It's a bar/lounge intended for adults. They don't necessarily want to encourage children there, although they are welcome to accompany you. You won't find any bending over backwards to get off menu items for kids.

We didn't ask at Nomad Lounge. It never occurred to me, but we did look at the menu before going and my daughter got the churros.

Nomad Lounge
Enchanted Rose
Trader Sams
Tambu Lounge

Thanks!

Unless they've changed something, you can order off the Tiffins menu in Nomad, so you could try there.

Tambu Lounge has sort of an open layout where you could very likely bring some items from Capt. Cook's and then order apps and drinks off the Tambu Lounge menu.

Trader Sam's isn't set up for that and neither is Enchanted Rose. I would suggest getting the kids something to eat at the QS at those resorts and then going to the lounges (or vice versa) and just ordering non-alcoholic beverages for kids while you're in the lounge.

Of your four, we have not tried to order kids menus items at any (I think the Poly two would have to get kid food from Kona) but we have taken food into Tambu Lounge and Trader Sam's without issue. One adult gets the kid food while the other adult and the two kids go to the lounge. We have been Nomad too but we ordered stuff we can all eat.

In general, if you can order from the menu next door, the kids can too. We've done it at Sanaa and Ale and Compass. We have also taken "other" food for the kids to Territory and Baseline.

Because of other comments, I note that we have never had a problem with our young kids being at any lounge and most of the bartenders enjoy making them "special" drinks. We have only had them there as late as 8 so maybe it changes later than that.

Of your four, we have not tried to order kids menus items at any (I think the Poly two would have to get kid food from Kona) but we have taken food into Tambu Lounge and Trader Sam's without issue. One adult gets the kid food while the other adult and the two kids go to the lounge. We have been Nomad too but we ordered stuff we can all eat.

In general, if you can order from the menu next door, the kids can too. We've done it at Sanaa and Ale and Compass. We have also taken "other" food for the kids to Territory and Baseline.

Because of other comments, I note that we have never had a problem with our young kids being at any lounge and most of the bartenders enjoy making them "special" drinks. We have only had them there as late as 8 so maybe it changes later than that.

I agree. My DS12 has been to all of the lounges mentioned and has been going to them since he was young. He was even invited to sit at the bar by a bartender at Sanaa when he was 3 years old. The CMs have always been very welcoming.

This would fit the bill.
Do yourself a favor and go to 3 Bridges Bar and Grill at CRS that is located in the middle of the lake. The food is excellent, the view is beautiful at night and they have a great kids menu.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/coronado-springs-resort/three-bridges/menus/Pic we took while dining on the deck:
.View attachment 475230
I’m so glad you posted this! I’ll be staying there a couple of nights alone & was wondering where/what to eat. This sounds good! Thanks!

Crews Cup definitely serves kids menu items. I’ve brought my kids into several lounges and never felt weird or out of place.
We were NOT offered a kids menu at Nomad Lounge—but we didn’t ask.
The other places on your list I agree didn’t seem like location-wise you could get kids food delivered.

None of them will. It's a bar/lounge intended for adults. They don't necessarily want to encourage children there, although they are welcome to accompany you. You won't find any bending over backwards to get off menu items for kids.

Not true at all. I have seen plenty of kids in Tambu, Trader Sam’s and Nomad lounge (full strollers even) and the lounges are designed to be family friendly. I haven’t been to Enchanted Rose so can’t speak to that one. Some do have a time cutoff, I think TS is 8pm, that kids are not allowed in after.

Unless they've changed something, you can order off the Tiffins menu in Nomad, so you could try there.

Nomad Lounge will definitely let you order off the KIDS menu. I did it in January. I actually wanted to order off the regular Tiffins menu since nothing on the Nomad side was appealing/hearty enough for me, the server said they no longer will offer the full menu so she suggested I order a meal from the kids menu instead. Worked out great!

We have been offered unadvertised kids menu items at Crew’s Cup Lounge and Jock Lindsay’s Hangar Bar. We love to eat at lounges and find them to be great for dining with a kid because of the casual atmosphere and relaxed vibe.

As Disneypro said, kids are welcome at almost every lounge, if you don't see something on the menu- just ask. Tip well (As if the chocolate milk is a WDW cocktail) . If you want to go to a lounge and have a blast for both parents and kids---try River Roost lounge at Port Orleans, when Disney Legend Yehaa Bob is performing. HILARIOUS! He entertains the kids and adults. Family friendly and very funny. Truly a great time. Youtube him and you will see what I mean!

I attempted to send a link of his performance but I couldn't. Try You Tubing him.

It's Disney, you can get a kid's menu pretty much everywhere. But this is a great way to have your kids branch out and eat something different. We made our vacations about trying new foods when the kids were little and they loved eating all kinds of new stuff. They learned that they liked scallops, lamb, and crab(among many other things) on our trips. Have a fun time.

If a lounge is connected to a restaurant, such as Nomad or Tune-In Lounge you have a better chance of receiving a kid's meal. The one exception we found was Tambu Lounge, while they offered food from Ohana on the bar menu they were strict about it and would not offer any other food that is typically available off menu at Ohana (like chicken nuggets).

Enchated Rose, Victoria Falls and Trader Sam's were a no-go as far as any off-menu food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter