Lowes Upgrade ?

madthemouse

Laughing Place.
We will be staying at the PB deluxe room. Is there, or would there be an upgrade that would be offer as a Lowes member? And if so, do you know what type of upgrade that would be?

Thanks,

Last summer everyone checking in was a Lowes first member. The desk was constantly having to tell people no free upgrades.

I wouldn't count on any upgrades. I am Loews Gold and I have never been offered any kind of upgrade. I have stayed at all three of the onsite hotels and everytime we check in I'm told that there are no upgrades available. If it happens, great, but don't be disappointed if you are not offered an upgrade - mostly likely you will not!

You will love the deluxe room at PB - it is lovely!

We booked at the loews rate..we are loews gold...and they told us there was no upgrades available at RPR..just last week.

I sure hope they havne't cut back on doing that..I know if you don't book the loews rate, you no longer get upgrades.

I'm a gold card also. I just recently made a reservation for Dec. and was told that I was upgraded to a "deluxe room" (for a standard rate) at the time of my reservation. The Loews First program states that gold and platinum cards can get the upgrade guarenteed at reservation. Will believe it when I see it though.

Stayed at RPH 3/13 to 3/16 - Great Resort !

Booked a standard room with the Fanclub discount at $ 164 per night. Showed my Loews Blue card at check-in (late check in - 9 pm on a Saturday night). Was offered an upgrade to a King suite (concerg. level) but turned it down because my daughter would have had to sleep in a rollaway bed. STUPID, STUPID, ME !!!

I really wasn't listening to what the desk clerk was saying as I arrived with a bad head cold, stuffed up ears from the flight and was tired from the drive from Tampa. I'll never turn down an offer like that again.

We did get our milk and cookies! (the following night)

The desk clerk said to me "Never let anybody say we don't offer upgrades to Loews First members !"

The next night I was at guest services asking a question when the free upgrade offer was made to another guest checking in (again, late check-in, around 8:30 pm). This smart guy took them up on the offer.

I know that the resort was crowded as I think that we got the last self park parking spot in the lot on Saturday.

madthemouse,

the next level up from a deluxe room at PBH is a portofino suite. Most likely you will have to pay $35 or whatever the upgrade fee is to upgrade to this suite (if available). Club Level usually requires $50-$100 more per night to upgrade.

The front desk staff can upgrade any guest at any time as long as the upgrade is available. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Does the portofino suite have the big bathroom like the deluxe?

Also when I go on the universal website, the deluxe room quoted does not say that it is a garden or pool view, just a deluxe with two queen beds. I thought that all deluxe rooms had a beach pool or villa pool view, is this right? I have heard mention of a garden view deluxe. Not sure.

I am a gold member & just made a ressie for RPH in June. I did it online....I included my Loews member number on the ressie. They sent me a confirmation stating that I was getting a standard room. I emailed them asking about the upgrade...and they haven't emailed me back..... that was yesterday.... maybe I should call them to see if there are any available?!?!?!:confused:

RyGuy, thanks for yhe info....that helps.

Shpedly, I was told that I had a choice of either pool view or bay view. So I requested bay view. I was told that bay view is beautiful in the evening with the lighting.

shpedly,

The portofino suites do not have the large bathroom that the deluxe rooms have. The suite consists of a regular guest room connected to a portofino parlor. There is a bathroom in both the room and the parlor.

The vast majority of the deluxe rooms are pool view. There are some that have bay views because they connect to the higer end suite parlors.

A Mickey Fan,
When I got my upgrade (confirmed at the Hard Rock - standard view price for "Deluxe" room), I got it by calling the Loews First number and asking if I could get the upgrade (supposed to get it at time of reservation). She looked it up for me and gave me the upgrade. I got an email confirmation by asking for one.

With online reservations, I don't know how you do it (one time I asked for the upgrade in the comments section but didn't get it).

You might need to call. Then have them email you a confirmation.

Hope you get it.

Forgot to mention: the upgrade only came with me booking a regular rate (which was AAA).....I could not get the upgrade with the Florida /GA. rate or the entertainment card (and I think Fan club as well).

Originally posted by Puffy2
Forgot to mention: the upgrade only came with me booking a regular rate (which was AAA).....I could not get the upgrade with the Florida /GA. rate or the entertainment card (and I think Fan club as well).

I called last night just after I posted and NO upgrade for me. They told me I wasn't entitled to it since I had the FL Resident Rate. What I don't understand is... I have accrued my stays to get to the gold status with FL Res Rate, Entertainment & Fan Club Card Rates... I have never paid regular price... they make no sence... I can get credit towards the gold status booking with those rates, but I cannot get an upgrade when I am gold status booking with one of those rates:confused: I am still going to ask when I check in... I have nothing to loose..... if I don't get it, I don't get it....no biggie...

You might look to see what the AAA rate is...it was actually lower in my case than the Flo/GA rate!

AAA membership has been a good deal for me. I generally save enough in discounts over a year's time to more than pay for the membership PLUS if you ever are stranded on the road, you'll have someone to call.

Originally posted by Puffy2
You might look to see what the AAA rate is...it was actually lower in my case than the Flo/GA rate!

AAA membership has been a good deal for me. I generally save enough in discounts over a year's time to more than pay for the membership PLUS if you ever are stranded on the road, you'll have someone to call.
I will check it out....but I got a rate of $119 for Sun & Monday of Memorial Day Weekend....and $119 is a cheap rate. I have a feeling that AAA will not be lower than that one...but it is worth looking into..... Thanks for the idea.....:wave:

A MickeyFan
My AAA Rate for Saturday-Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend is $167 so your FL resident is definitely better...good for you! See you there...

Originally posted by Bronx Bomber
A MickeyFan
My AAA Rate for Saturday-Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend is $167 so your FL resident is definitely better...good for you! See you there...

Hey BronxBomber... are you from the Bronx?????? Or just an old baseball fan LOL...

I really do think that whether or not you are offered upgrades or even the Loews Welcome Benefits depends on who you talk to.

We recently made ressies for PBH (standard room) for July using the APH rate. We are Loews Gold. When making the ressie, I asked about upgrades and was given a free upgrade to a deluxe room. Yippeee!! After hanging up, I called back a few hours later to make a spur of the moment reservation for March at RPR. I got the APH rate once again, but when I asked about upgrades, I was told that I was not entitled when booking a discounted rate. I called back awhile later and spoke with someone different who said I was certainly entitled to an upgrade but none were available because only standard rooms were available, everything else was booked.

I have already returned from my March trip. When I checked in, I asked about upgrades and Pia checked but said the hotel was booked. She got us a room with a good view of IOA though. She was awesome! I also got my fruit and water. The kids didn't want the cookies and milk. Strange children. Ha!!

The point to all my rambling here is that if you aren't satisfied with what one person tells you, call back. It works for us. Obviously, they can't upgrade you if there is nothing to upgrade to, but it just depends on who you talk to on whether or not they offer you upgrades and Loews benefits when booking a discounted rate. I have always booked either the APH or ENT rate and I have my Loews Gold card and have always received the welcome gift.

Originally posted by themepark
I really do think that whether or not you are offered upgrades or even the Loews Welcome Benefits depends on who you talk to.

We recently made ressies for PBH (standard room) for July using the APH rate. We are Loews Gold. When making the ressie, I asked about upgrades and was given a free upgrade to a deluxe room. Yippeee!! After hanging up, I called back a few hours later to make a spur of the moment reservation for March at RPR. I got the APH rate once again, but when I asked about upgrades, I was told that I was not entitled when booking a discounted rate. I called back awhile later and spoke with someone different who said I was certainly entitled to an upgrade but none were available because only standard rooms were available, everything else was booked.

I have already returned from my March trip. When I checked in, I asked about upgrades and Pia checked but said the hotel was booked. She got us a room with a good view of IOA though. She was awesome! I also got my fruit and water. The kids didn't want the cookies and milk. Strange children. Ha!!

The point to all my rambling here is that if you aren't satisfied with what one person tells you, call back. It works for us. Obviously, they can't upgrade you if there is nothing to upgrade to, but it just depends on who you talk to on whether or not they offer you upgrades and Loews benefits when booking a discounted rate. I have always booked either the APH or ENT rate and I have my Loews Gold card and have always received the welcome gift.
Welcome Back Lori!! Thank you for the tip... I will call them tomorrow and ask if I am entitled to the upgrade. It makes no sence that my stays could accumulate the points towards the Gold status but cannot get the benifits when I reach it:confused:
So tell us all.... how was your trip! Were the directions ok that I gave you for going to the park from near the Fl Mall???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter