Luck with Ohana walk-up?

mihtaylor

Earning My Ears
My family of 4 is taking a last-minute trip to WDW in late January, and would like to try Ohana. We've done most of the other major character dining experiences previously (Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, Tusker, Topolino, etc.) but Ohana reservations have been elusive. I'm wondering if any of you all have had luck trying the walk-up waitlist. Do you just burn a lot of time and then not get in? We'd be trying for 7:00 or 8:00 probably.

Appreciate any insight...TIA

You never know my son and his friends were staying at the Poly, one night when coming back to the parks they passed by Ohana and asked if there was availability for 4, they said Yes !!! come right in !!!...Sometimes you just get lucky !!!

The waitlist is regularly open, especially if you get there early.

It has always been available a day or two prior when we give. Last 3-4 trips in last year - no issues

We are last min Disney people and I hope I'm not jinxing myself when I say we've always snagged a reservation for 4 to 'Ohana while on our trips. Just a fun game to play while waiting in line at the parks. who is going to find the reservation first in the app?

That time in the evening might be difficult because it is the most popular, but we have often found that if we regularly check the app (while standing in lines, etc), a reservation for O'hana comes open within 1-4 days before we would like to go.

We've had luck just joining the walkup waitlist for spontaneous dinners when we were staying at the Polynesian. There also tends to be availability when dinner service first starts. We've seen reservations available a day before (sometimes the day of) for dinner as well. Good luck!

My family of 4 is taking a last-minute trip to WDW in late January, and would like to try Ohana. We've done most of the other major character dining experiences previously (Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, Tusker, Topolino, etc.) but Ohana reservations have been elusive. I'm wondering if any of you all have had luck trying the walk-up waitlist. Do you just burn a lot of time and then not get in? We'd be trying for 7:00 or 8:00 probably.

Appreciate any insight...TIA
Family of 4 also and we were just there in October. Had to cancel our other lunch ADR as we were stuck in a ride line. Looking for a replacement, was shocked to see 'Ohana pop up for a couple of hours later! Having had a bad experience there the last time (seated very close to a table with kids blasting iPads GRRR) we weren't sure but grabbed it. I have to say it was one of the best meals ever! So glad we got an 'Ohana redo. So--just keep checking the app! Otherwise, just show up. There were empty tables while we were there that day (mid afternoon).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter