Lurkyloo's PJ: Morocco/Attic/UK Lower - Greetings from WDW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you girls are star trek fans, aren't you???

Mmmm... I'm more of a Star Wars fan myself (see Wendy's PJ :lmao: ), but I love Star Trek TNG, and we've been Netflixing the original Star Trek series -- it is fantastic! :thumbsup2

Carrie... just so you know... it is absolutely GORGEOUS in Orlando right now. I've lived here for 7 years and this week has the most beautiful weather I've experienced in a long time. You're going to have a great wedding!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it. Good luck and congratulations!

Hooray!! Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

...Now what the H am I doing on here?! I have a pile of work sitting on my desk!! :eek:

Oh my gosh, you guys! So my boss called me into her office and spent 20 minutes giving me an even bigger list of things I have to do before I leave...

....and then she said I should come with her to the break room because there were cookies....

....and then when she got there the door was closed and she couldn't get it open, and I'm thinking "Big cookies!"....

....and then she opened it and everybody in the whole office shouted "Surprise" and DF was sitting there!!!

They gave us chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse, and a Precious Moments Disney cake topper and stuff from our registry, and Lunch with an Imagineer from the Disney Honeymoon Registry, and a bag full of Disney princess crayons, coloring books, pens, autograph books, puzzles and assorted other stuff - now I have something to do on the plane!

It was such a surprise - I can't believe DF has been in on it for a week, and they pulled one over on me!

I might get pix before I leave to share....

Aaaawwwww.... how fun!!!! :)
That is so sweet of them ...

Pics of your shower? Are they professional quality? :lmao:

OK, OK, we'll all have to wait for the professional ones to come back. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

In regards to rain, I have my fingers crossed for you that the big ol' sun stays put. We were soooo nervous about rain. The day before our wedding, it POURED, as in a traditional Florida rainstorm, at exactly 24 hours before our ceremony. The worst thing was that the weather forecast was the same for the two days! Yet when our big day came, there wasn't a cloud in the sky. It wasn't too cold (even in January), and if anything, it was TOO sunny. We said it was worth it to pay extra for the weather. :rotfl:

Oh my gosh, you guys! So my boss called me into her office and spent 20 minutes giving me an even bigger list of things I have to do before I leave...

....and then she said I should come with her to the break room because there were cookies....

....and then when she got there the door was closed and she couldn't get it open, and I'm thinking "Big cookies!"....

....and then she opened it and everybody in the whole office shouted "Surprise" and DF was sitting there!!!

They gave us chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse, and a Precious Moments Disney cake topper and stuff from our registry, and Lunch with an Imagineer from the Disney Honeymoon Registry, and a bag full of Disney princess crayons, coloring books, pens, autograph books, puzzles and assorted other stuff - now I have something to do on the plane!

It was such a surprise - I can't believe DF has been in on it for a week, and they pulled one over on me!

Really cool! I would love to do the Lunch with an Imagineer(much better than getting a toaster or my favorite shower gift, those little tiny rose shaped soaps for your half bathroom, I think I still may have them stuffed in my linen closet.). My DH is very good with surprises, I on the other hand am not.

Not a lot of news... we're STILL working on our vows, which is making me crazy and the minister nervous.... I've printed out the worksheets, looked at all the samples, and I don't like ANY of them. Plus we're feeling all this pressure to make them The Most Significant Things We'll Ever Say. DF wrote some perfetly lovely ones but insists they are too "simple"....:sad2:

But in the bestest news yet.... Weather.com's forecast for our wedding day is a big ol' SUN! :banana: :banana: 80 degrees and 10% chance of rain!

I'm so glad I don't give a hoot about the ceremony as far as the vows go. We just agreed to Ron's super-duper non- religious cermony. :thumbsup2 I do hope you guys get it all figured out though!!

you girls are star trek fans, aren't you???

I'm actually a Back to the Future fan BIG TIME. I'm such a dork. But... since that's a universal thing and I didn't think to find the sheet music a million years ago...

But any time I can talk about the space-time continuum I'm all over it. I just see us causing a cataclysmic shift in the world. Two disney brides actually seeing each other in their dresses at the same time. This is one of the few things keeping me sane right now! :rotfl2:

OMG Carrie! That's so great! I'm soooo happy for you. I can't wait to see some pics. I have to say those are some awsome coworkers and boss that you have there!!! So was all the extra work just a ruse then? That's what I'm assuming...

Okay, sorry for spuing my craziness all overy your PJ. I'll go back to mine!!

AWWWWWWWWWWE :hug: That's wonderful!

What a great suprise! I hate that you have a million more things to do at work before the wedding, but while you're in the world...all that will just go away (or, if it's like my desk...PILE UP! and smiling at you when you get back :upsidedow )

Time is drawing near. At least I'll have Caryn's TR to keep me busy while we wait for you and Wendy to get married. I do hope you two get to take pictures together! Maybe if you both let your planners in on the fact that it's OK...it might work. All that glamour in one place! WOW...

Lurkyloo, I just wanted to say congratulations before you set off for the big day! I've been reading your PJ faithfully for awhile now and haven't posted yet, but just wanted you to know I think you ROCK :woohoo: ever since I saw your engagement photos I was hooked, you guys seem like a really fun couple :love:

You are going to have amazing weather for your wedding! We are leaving for Disney Saturday and will be there through Feb 5th for our VR planning session. I'll be thinking of you on Monday! Surprise showers are the best!! :tinker:

Carrie - I'm not surprised your boss and co-workers did such a lovely thing for you. Seems to me that you and DF are the kind of people who inspire niceness in others! :goodvibes:
Here's wishing you lots and lots of gorgeous :sunny: and no stress for your wedding and happiness forever! :lovestruc

Ahhhhh!! I just can't believe your wedding is a week away :scared1: :thumbsup2:woohoo:

I.Totally.Freaking.Can't.Wait.For.Pictures.!

And, we need to hang out sometime at DL with our dudes ;)

Carrie - I'm not surprised your boss and co-workers did such a lovely thing for you. Seems to me that you and DF are the kind of people who inspire niceness in others! :goodvibes:
Here's wishing you lots and lots of gorgeous :sunny: and no stress for your wedding and happiness forever! :lovestruc

i can't agree more with cam on this one! congrats on your surprise shower!

I started laughing, if it helps... :rotfl:

Thanks! I just though with all the weather talk... we should be careful how we word things.

I was talking to our best man online through gmail chat and I asked him if he could pick Chuck and I up from the airport on the 16th when we get back from the honeymoon. He typed back: can't, have a VD date w/Erin. Erin is his wife, so that's fine and all, but I told him the same thing. Be careful how you word that. :rotfl:

I told him I would just ask one of my girlfriends and I typed: they don't do VD. He asked, Venereal disease or Valentine's Day... I responded: Neither. :laughing:

And no this... :furious: :furious:

I thought this was only when the (t) word is mentioned...

Carrie!

I let my planner know that it was totally Kosher if we see each other on our wedding day (full convo posted in my PJ.) She said it's totally cool if we're in the same place at the same time and neither of us is running late! :goodvibes

We met because of Disneyland...

I was in line at Big Thunder Mountain and made a wish on a nickel at the pond. I wished to meet a guy who liked Disneyland and was straight. That night I got talked into going to the birthday party of a childhood friend I hadn't seen in a while, and I met his cousin.

On our first date, as the lights were about to go down on our second movie of the night, The Cousin casually mentioned that he had a Disneyland Annual Pass. I was like, "Wait - wha...?!!" and then had to wait 2 hours to talk about it!

...Next time I go on Big Thunder Mountain, I'm wishing for a Ferrari!

what a truly magical story! Can't wait for you guys to ride off into the sunset in your... Ferrari :)

Hi Carrie, sorry if you have already answered this but would you mind telling me where your invitations came from? They're so unique and beautiful!

HEY CARRIE~
WELL IM LEAVING IN THE MORNING! :drive:
I WANTED TO WISH YOU ALL THE BEST FOR MONDAY~
YOU WILL BE A BEAUTIFUL BRIDE:bride: YOUR WEDDING IS GOING TO BE GREAT! I WISH NOTHING BUT THE BEST FOR YOU BOTH WITH A LIFETIME OF HAPPINESS! :hug:
HAVE SAFE TRAVELS!!!

Just wanted to wish you a wonderful wedding day and a fabulous honeymoon :lovestruc Take it all in, enjoy every moment with your new hubby, and have a magical time!! And don't forget to stop by WL and Sunrise Terrace for a few honeymoon pictures :goodvibes Best Wishes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter