Lydia and Dave's Disney Cruise Wedding, 10-26-2014

So yesterday marked exactly 6 months to go before the cruise, and if all goes according to plan today is 6 months from the wedding day! When I first started this PJ last summer it seemed like the day would never get here, but time has been flying by so quickly. If this last year is any indication the next 6 months are going to fly by! So just to catch everyone up, here are some bullets on what has happened in life recently and what is coming up:
1. Dave finally got home from his deployment! We spent two amazing weeks together in Colorado and...
2. We bought a house! Brand new, huge, beautiful construction in a private community. And the air system has a built in humidifier which was a selling feature for me (going from living on the beach to 6,000' MSL and 0% humidity is rough on me)
3. Dave is flying in here on Thursday for...
4. My college graduation on Saturday! I found out today I am 0.02 points too low on my GPA to graduate with honors. 0.02. THAT was a bit disappointing lol.
5. After graduation I am taking Dave to Cloud 9 (a giant indoor trampoline park) so we can bounce around and he can meet some of my friends.
6. Then the next day we are driving up to NY to meet each others family and friends there.
So now you have been all caught up on my silly little life to date [= as far as wedding things, most of it is completely done. Bridesmaids have their dresses, clutches, and accessories, groomsmen have their suits and ties, I already know all the selections I want from the planning guide, and about 50% of our guests are paid in full already, and another 25% are more than half way paid off.
So all that really leaves is: choosing the first dance song, getting the wedding invitations, choosing a flower girl dress (at the rate she is sprouting up I am going to wait until September) and waiting to hear back from DCL about when and where the wedding is going to be [=

So yesterday marked exactly 6 months to go before the cruise, and if all goes according to plan today is 6 months from the wedding day! When I first started this PJ last summer it seemed like the day would never get here, but time has been flying by so quickly. If this last year is any indication the next 6 months are going to fly by! So just to catch everyone up, here are some bullets on what has happened in life recently and what is coming up:
1. Dave finally got home from his deployment! We spent two amazing weeks together in Colorado and...
2. We bought a house! Brand new, huge, beautiful construction in a private community. And the air system has a built in humidifier which was a selling feature for me (going from living on the beach to 6,000' MSL and 0% humidity is rough on me)
3. Dave is flying in here on Thursday for...
4. My college graduation on Saturday! I found out today I am 0.02 points too low on my GPA to graduate with honors. 0.02. THAT was a bit disappointing lol.
5. After graduation I am taking Dave to Cloud 9 (a giant indoor trampoline park) so we can bounce around and he can meet some of my friends.
6. Then the next day we are driving up to NY to meet each others family and friends there.
So now you have been all caught up on my silly little life to date [= as far as wedding things, most of it is completely done. Bridesmaids have their dresses, clutches, and accessories, groomsmen have their suits and ties, I already know all the selections I want from the planning guide, and about 50% of our guests are paid in full already, and another 25% are more than half way paid off.
So all that really leaves is: choosing the first dance song, getting the wedding invitations, choosing a flower girl dress (at the rate she is sprouting up I am going to wait until September) and waiting to here back from DCL about when and where the wedding is going to be [=

I can't believe it's just 6 months to your wedding cruise...SO EXCITING!!! I'm thrilled that Dave is home from his deployment, it must feel sooooo good to finally be able to be in the same place at the same time!! Congratulations on your graduation...but bummer about the .02!!!! SO CLOSE!!!! Still, that is so impressive to be within .02...so kudos to you!!! :cheer2:

Congratulations on the new house!!! That is great news, and I'm sure the two of you will be very happy in your new home together!!

Have fun at Cloud 9...those places look like so much fun!!! Hopefully, meeting each other's friends and families will be comfortable and easy...fingers crossed!

Brooke

Just over 6 months for the both of us now!!

Yes! And now we're well under 6 months! Congrats on your graduation and house and everything, what a momentous 6 months it's going to be! 0.02 is such a slim slim margin, must be so disappointing to so narrowly miss out but still a great achievement. Sounds like you're really well prepared and have so much to look forward to and enjoy over the next 5 months and a little bit!

I can't believe it's just 6 months to your wedding cruise...SO EXCITING!!! I'm thrilled that Dave is home from his deployment, it must feel sooooo good to finally be able to be in the same place at the same time!! Congratulations on your graduation...but bummer about the .02!!!! SO CLOSE!!!! Still, that is so impressive to be within .02...so kudos to you!!! :cheer2:
Congratulations on the new house!!! That is great news, and I'm sure the two of you will be very happy in your new home together!!
Have fun at Cloud 9...those places look like so much fun!!! Hopefully, meeting each other's friends and families will be comfortable and easy...fingers crossed!
Brooke

Thanks Brooke! Our trip to NY was great, a LOT of driving though. First day we drove 8 hours, second day we drove 5, third day drove 4, fourth day we drove 6, fifth day drove 6, and then the next day another 8. Never again. lol And we are so excited about the house [= I am still on the east coast but he is loving the house and the community, I am so excited to get all moved in. [=

Yes! And now we're well under 6 months! Congrats on your graduation and house and everything, what a momentous 6 months it's going to be! 0.02 is such a slim slim margin, must be so disappointing to so narrowly miss out but still a great achievement. Sounds like you're really well prepared and have so much to look forward to and enjoy over the next 5 months and a little bit!

Thanks Ben! I got my final grades back and I boosted myself up enough that my diploma will reflect I graduated with honors, however the grades weren't updated in time for me to walk with honors. C'est la vie I suppose. I am going absolutely nuts waiting for October to arrive! When Dave was deployed I got all of the planning out of the way to distract myself, but now that leaves nothing for me to do in the months leading up to the wedding!

Hey everyone! Sorry I have been neglecting my blog, life has been a bit busy now that we are on the final stretch to the wedding. We had a teeny tiny bit of craziness: Meredith (our DCL wedding planner) no longer works for Disney so our event has been transferred to a different planner…who has yet to get in touch with me. Not really the end of the world since the wedding is still 5 months away, but I would have appreciated an e-mail just letting me know that she is there. I am sure she will get in touch with me soon though.

Dave and I are finishing our major payments for the wedding. The cruise payments are all due August 12 but we want to get it in early if possible. I will be able to put the final payment on the wedding cruise within the next two weeks, and Dave will be paying off the second honeymoon cruise, pastor and family’s stateroom, and our photographer’s room.

I am still holding off on buying the magnets for the guests because we don’t have a definite head count yet. I few of the couples attending broke up, so whether the remaining halves choose to bring a different guest or cruise solo is going to impact head count. One of my bridesmaids is getting married the month before me, and trying to save for her wedding while pay to come to mine is really causing her stress so I told her not to worry about it. I love her to bits and don’t want her sacrificing her wedding dreams to get to mine.

I think I am going to go ahead and order invitations from Invitations by Dawn. The woman I was originally going to have make them showed me some design and it just didn’t really fit with what I was picturing, so I am having her make shower invitations instead.

As for the rest of life, I am hoping to fly out to Colorado to see Dave over the 4th of July and take out a bunch of duffels filled with household goods. I have had a lot of extremely generous friends give us wonderful gifts for our home, it is just very expensive to mail it there so it makes more sense for me to spend the $20 and check a bag each time I fly out. Then the third week of July my friends in NY are throwing a bridal shower for me. Then my friends here in Virginia are throwing me another bridal shower end of August, then I am planning on flying to Colorado again over Labor Day weekend. I was worried about getting all this time off from work but my manager was so incredibly sweet and understanding about it, so I am so appreciative of him.

Oh wow, good thing you're in such a great position already with your planning! Wavering guest count - including a bridesmaid - and getting a whole new planner might be quite an upheaval for others but you're going along brilliantly! I've been told that May is quite a busy time at DFTW and it sounds like you're already so advanced in your planning that your new planner just wouldn't have much cause to contact you at the moment. Still, I know it's weird not hearing from them - when we changed from our consultant to our planner we didn't hear from the planner directly for about two months! We were emailing our consultant just about every week if not more! That's just the period we're in now I guess, we'll be attached at the hip to our planners in about 5 months time but for now it's all quiet. One thing we did to break the ice a little was send her an email just detailing the story so far, our plans and interests for the wedding day and some of our inspirations so she could get to know us and give her a head start for when she was ready for us. I know Jess has since sent her images of our flowers and her dress but I'm obviously not copied on those emails!

Nice to hear that your manager is so understanding, it can be so stressful waiting for the right time to drop the news on them that you need time off here, there and again later on for your wedding but then when they're absolutely fine with it it's such a relief! With those plans coming up the months are going to just fly by and October will be here before you know it. It's June already!

Figured since I was lurking here I would finally post something.

Your dress is amazing! It has a little mermaid feel to it that is subtle but gorgeous! Also, upon hearing that you, too, haven't heard anything from Kaity, who is the new coordinator for DCL brides, made me worried a bit. We only got 3 months to go and haven't heard back from her either. Maybe she took a week of vacation? A little email would've been nice or something. I figured if I don't get a response over the weekend I will call directly on Monday.... So that is my plan :cool2:

Congrats on the house, graduation, and wedding! Look forward to reading more on your PJ!

Figured since I was lurking here I would finally post something.

Your dress is amazing! It has a little mermaid feel to it that is subtle but gorgeous! Also, upon hearing that you, too, haven't heard anything from Kaity, who is the new coordinator for DCL brides, made me worried a bit. We only got 3 months to go and haven't heard back from her either. Maybe she took a week of vacation? A little email would've been nice or something. I figured if I don't get a response over the weekend I will call directly on Monday.... So that is my plan :cool2:

Congrats on the house, graduation, and wedding! Look forward to reading more on your PJ!

Glad to have you following along! I will have to find your PJ and start following you since our weddings are pretty close. What ship is your wedding on? I still haven't heard from the new coordinator either. I am doing my best not to stress but I am a very high strung individual lol. I am sure it will all work out though. I hope =P

Oh wow, good thing you're in such a great position already with your planning! Wavering guest count - including a bridesmaid - and getting a whole new planner might be quite an upheaval for others but you're going along brilliantly! I've been told that May is quite a busy time at DFTW and it sounds like you're already so advanced in your planning that your new planner just wouldn't have much cause to contact you at the moment. Still, I know it's weird not hearing from them - when we changed from our consultant to our planner we didn't hear from the planner directly for about two months! We were emailing our consultant just about every week if not more! That's just the period we're in now I guess, we'll be attached at the hip to our planners in about 5 months time but for now it's all quiet. One thing we did to break the ice a little was send her an email just detailing the story so far, our plans and interests for the wedding day and some of our inspirations so she could get to know us and give her a head start for when she was ready for us. I know Jess has since sent her images of our flowers and her dress but I'm obviously not copied on those emails!

Nice to hear that your manager is so understanding, it can be so stressful waiting for the right time to drop the news on them that you need time off here, there and again later on for your wedding but then when they're absolutely fine with it it's such a relief! With those plans coming up the months are going to just fly by and October will be here before you know it. It's June already!

That's good to know that you didn't hear back ASAP either...I get so worried that I have slipped through the cracks. I have decided not to contact the coordinator until a little bit closer, like maybe end of July or first week of August. And honestly...I am dying to see Jess's dress. She is going to look amazingggggggg <3

Ok, so now that we are only 4 months away I am going to be having a LOT more updates, so if I go crazy with over-posting feel free to yell at me lol.
The biggest news: I finally got to bring my gown home from alterations! And it is perfection.
unnamed1-2.png

I have also gotten a lot of great advice from brides here (Especially Melissa who has been so wonderful and helpful) about making my own door magnets rather than spending the extra money on Etsy. I think I am going to give it a try, so wish me luck!

We also got wedding bands! This is mine:
unnamed1-3.jpg
unnamed-7.jpg

And this is Dave’s (don’t have any pictures of the actual one):
tungsten-carbide-rings.jpg

Our guest count has also gone up from 35 to 41. Hopefully it doesn't go up much higher, the cost per head really starts to add up! lol

Also a funny/frustrating story:
My travel agent called me a couple days ago and said she got an interesting voicemail. She had me listen to it and it was basically, "Hi, this Mrs. X. I would like to get some information on Lydia's wedding cruise, like when it is and where it is leaving from. I wasn't invited but I would like to go anyway to surprise them! Call me back!" I am still reeling a little bit. Wow haha.

Ok, so now that we are only 4 months away I am going to be having a LOT more updates, so if I go crazy with over-posting feel free to yell at me lol.
The biggest news: I finally got to bring my gown home from alterations! And it is perfection.
unnamed1-2.png

I have also gotten a lot of great advice from brides here (Especially Melissa who has been so wonderful and helpful) about making my own door magnets rather than spending the extra money on Etsy. I think I am going to give it a try, so wish me luck!

We also got wedding bands! This is mine:
unnamed1-3.jpg
unnamed-7.jpg

And this is Dave’s (don’t have any pictures of the actual one):
tungsten-carbide-rings.jpg

Our guest count has also gone up from 35 to 41. Hopefully it doesn't go up much higher, the cost per head really starts to add up! lol

Also a funny/frustrating story:
My travel agent called me a couple days ago and said she got an interesting voicemail. She had me listen to it and it was basically, "Hi, this Mrs. X. I would like to get some information on Lydia's wedding cruise, like when it is and where it is leaving from. I wasn't invited but I would like to go anyway to surprise them! Call me back!" I am still reeling a little bit. Wow haha.

Yey more updates!! :cool1: I am glad to know by the way I am not the only one who hasn't heard from the new coordinator its seems that they switch a lot I thought we would at least get a "I am the new coordinator email" or something :sad2: oh well

Your dress looks AMAZING by the way so glad alternations went well and how are you not going to want to wear it every day! Also your ring looks so pretty I love how its a thinner band so it looks elegant and then with the big solitaire :rotfl: oh and I just blushed at the shout out :flower3: glad I could help if you need any templates let me know I can email you some I have been working on some and your going to save money now so bonus do you have any other favor ideas? I am really struggling with gender neutral stuff apparently bath salts are too girly? ( I didn't think so :confused3) and your party size is going up! that extra "cake and champ." cost really makes a difference and how funny with your voicemail any ideas who it is? I had someone do something similar they are friends of someone coming and are like can I come? I was like sure if you want to pay $3000 to come then who am I to stop you ahah looking forward to more updates!

Happy Planning!

yes so cute to have hidden mickeys in your wedding and i love the dress. i love that you and your husband-to-be made a compromise with the cruise :)

I can't believe I hadn't commented before! Loving all your plans :D And yay October brides!!

Yey more updates!! :cool1: I am glad to know by the way I am not the only one who hasn't heard from the new coordinator its seems that they switch a lot I thought we would at least get a "I am the new coordinator email" or something :sad2: oh well
Your dress looks AMAZING by the way so glad alternations went well and how are you not going to want to wear it every day! Also your ring looks so pretty I love how its a thinner band so it looks elegant and then with the big solitaire :rotfl: oh and I just blushed at the shout out :flower3: glad I could help if you need any templates let me know I can email you some I have been working on some and your going to save money now so bonus do you have any other favor ideas? I am really struggling with gender neutral stuff apparently bath salts are too girly? ( I didn't think so :confused3) and your party size is going up! that extra "cake and champ." cost really makes a difference and how funny with your voicemail any ideas who it is? I had someone do something similar they are friends of someone coming and are like can I come? I was like sure if you want to pay $3000 to come then who am I to stop you ahah looking forward to more updates!
Omigosh girl I want to put my dress on and never take it off. It is the prettiest thing in the world. And because my guest count is so dang high (44 people) I really have to keep it cheap so besides the magnets I know Walmart sells Mickey glow ears for super cheap so I might get some of those. It really adds up though...even if I am only spending $2 per person that is stil $88 =/ And yeah we figured out who it was in the voicemail so I had to call and explain that even thought it is on a cruise it is still invitation only like any wedding...sigh. Had almost an issue with an extremely not wanted guest booking...details in my next update...you will laugh your head off lol
hidden mickey idea is so cute :)
Thank you! I was originally going to go with a Snow White theme which is how I ended up with the black white and red, but I found myself gravitating to all of the Mickey details...Mickey invitations, cake design, shoe decals, hair clips etc. So I switched [=
yes so cute to have hidden mickeys in your wedding and i love the dress. i love that you and your husband-to-be made a compromise with the cruise :)
Haha thanks! It turned out to be a great decision because we both got what we wanted. And not to mention a DCL wedding is very budget friendly. Of course the add-ons can really get you if you don't watch out but we are able to do our whole wedding and honeymoon for half the price of just a local wedding in our hometown. [=
I can't believe I hadn't commented before! Loving all your plans :D And yay October brides!!
Thank you so much! October is the best month =D The only down side is our wedding is a week after my birthday so I have to make sure Dave doesn't think he can combine our anniversary with my birthday ;) What is the date of your big day in October?

So in a nut shell one of Dave's old flames ended up being invited as a +1 to the wedding. I (for lack of a better term) went full on crazy Bridezilla and she is no longer coming. I am glad she won't be there but at the same time I feel bad about making someone cancel their vacation, and making one of our guests lose his date. Ugh. =/

Ok, so now that I have finished my rant about the ex (you can probably tell I am still a little bit bitter lol) I can update you a bit on actual wedding things!

So first up, as of yesterday we are paid in full and checked in for both cruises (wedding cruise and honeymoon cruise), the wedding is paid in full, our photographers cruisefare is paid in full and our officiant, his wife, and their four kids are paid in full. Our guests are all paid in full, and because the cruise is at capacity there shouldn't be any last minute additions to our guest count. We came out at a nice round 44 guests (fun fact about me, I love any number that is a multiple of 11, so this works great for me), and I don't forsee anyone canceling. But we shall see. I was wrong before when I didn't think more than 20 would book, I am probably wrong in thinking no one will cancel lol

I also just had my bridal shower in NY, and it was amazing! There were about 30 people there, many of whom I haven't seen in a very long time so it was great getting to catch up. The shower itself was also done beautifully, like a vintage tea party theme. Very shabby chic and lovely. Lace tableclothes, pastel flowers in vintage vases, candelabras, victorian hat boxes. It was so darling I almost cried. I compiled some detail shots for you to kinda get a glimpse of the theme. In the pictures I am with my flower girl and junior bridesmaid, and with my bridesmaid Katarina [=
shower1.jpg
shower2.jpg

Everyone was so generous, I was absolutely blown away by all the gifts we recieved. We got all but two items from our Bed Bath and Beyond registry, as well as a lot of gift cards and checks, and really great gifts like cook books, a couples devotional book, an AMAZING fine china set etc. It was such a great experience. And I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but I have decided that bridal shower cards are by far the most adorable cards in the universe. Note the handmade Disney cards that one of my friends made:
cards.jpg

When I got home from NY I was so thrilled because my formal wedding invitations arrived!
invitation.jpg

I was so excited when I found these invitations...kindof perfect for our black-white-red Mickey themed wedding! Now all I have to do wait for the inserts to arrive (should be today) and get addresses from all our guests (most of them have moved since I mailed out the Save the Dates, and about 20 of the guests coming were not on our guest list to start with haha) then hopefully I can get these bad boys in the mail next week.

I am seriously procrastinating on guests gifts right now. Since we just paid off literally ELEVEN cruises, our wallets are a bit on the tight side and I don't want to rush right out and spend another few hundred dollars. What I am thinking of doing is making the magnets for each person, then one little goodie bag per stateroom with sun block, aloe, maybe some candy. I am hoping to keep all the guest favors together below $200, which is going to be a struggle.

On a random note: for any of you who know how to make magnets and want to make some extra cash, I am totally willing to pay you to make magnets for me! Please please please please please <3 <3 I just learned how to use PayPal and I am ready to use it to have anyone but me make these magnets! lol

Ok, so now that I have finished my rant about the ex (you can probably tell I am still a little bit bitter lol) I can update you a bit on actual wedding things!

So first up, as of yesterday we are paid in full and checked in for both cruises (wedding cruise and honeymoon cruise), the wedding is paid in full, our photographers cruisefare is paid in full and our officiant, his wife, and their four kids are paid in full. Our guests are all paid in full, and because the cruise is at capacity there shouldn't be any last minute additions to our guest count. We came out at a nice round 44 guests (fun fact about me, I love any number that is a multiple of 11, so this works great for me), and I don't forsee anyone canceling. But we shall see. I was wrong before when I didn't think more than 20 would book, I am probably wrong in thinking no one will cancel lol

I also just had my bridal shower in NY, and it was amazing! There were about 30 people there, many of whom I haven't seen in a very long time so it was great getting to catch up. The shower itself was also done beautifully, like a vintage tea party theme. Very shabby chic and lovely. Lace tableclothes, pastel flowers in vintage vases, candelabras, victorian hat boxes. It was so darling I almost cried. I compiled some detail shots for you to kinda get a glimpse of the theme. In the pictures I am with my flower girl and junior bridesmaid, and with my bridesmaid Katarina [=

Everyone was so generous, I was absolutely blown away by all the gifts we recieved. We got all but two items from our Bed Bath and Beyond registry, as well as a lot of gift cards and checks, and really great gifts like cook books, a couples devotional book, an AMAZING fine china set etc. It was such a great experience. And I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but I have decided that bridal shower cards are by far the most adorable cards in the universe. Note the handmade Disney cards that one of my friends made:

When I got home from NY I was so thrilled because my formal wedding invitations arrived!

I was so excited when I found these invitations...kindof perfect for our black-white-red Mickey themed wedding! Now all I have to do wait for the inserts to arrive (should be today) and get addresses from all our guests (most of them have moved since I mailed out the Save the Dates, and about 20 of the guests coming were not on our guest list to start with haha) then hopefully I can get these bad boys in the mail next week.

I am seriously procrastinating on guests gifts right now. Since we just paid off literally ELEVEN cruises, our wallets are a bit on the tight side and I don't want to rush right out and spend another few hundred dollars. What I am thinking of doing is making the magnets for each person, then one little goodie bag per stateroom with sun block, aloe, maybe some candy. I am hoping to keep all the guest favors together below $200, which is going to be a struggle.

On a random note: for any of you who know how to make magnets and want to make some extra cash, I am totally willing to pay you to make magnets for me! Please please please please please <3 <3 I just learned how to use PayPal and I am ready to use it to have anyone but me make these magnets! lol

Hey everybody! Sorry I have been so behind with updates, now that we are 3 months out everything is going so quickly and I have barely had time to breathe! Well, before I launch into all the wedding details, let me share with you:

The Tale of the Old Flame Who Tried to Come to My Wedding.

So most people would think that at a destination cruise wedding it would be difficult for unwanted guests to make their way to the event. Well, if you (like me) were one of those people who thought that, you are sadly mistaken.

Last week we had a friend call us and ask if it was possible to book a room with someone else to cut costs. Well, I knew exactly who he could room with..let's call him John Doe. John and his girlfriend had broken up in the spring, and he told us he would let us know if he found another date, otherwise he would just cruise solo. Well, he never told us he was bringing anyone so we assumed he was going solo like he had said. Well...you know what they say about people who assume. When we contacted John about possibly letting our friend room with him, he said, "I am so sorry guys I forgot to tell you, I am bringing my friend Jane Doe. She is already booked and just has to do her final payment. She is very excited to see Dave again."

I didn't think anything of it, but Dave immediately called me and said, "Houston, we have a problem." Oh no. Well...it turns out Jane Doe was a girl that Dave had hooked up with on and off for all four years in college. In John's defense he didn't know Dave in college and didn't know who Dave had dated/hooked up with or not. I can't really defend the girl though...she obviously knew her past with Dave. What kind of girl thinks it is ok to show up at the wedding of a guy she had been friends with benefits with?

So this part I am not proud of: I went full on bridezilla. I will skip over the ranting and raving and crying and try to preserve some of my dignity, but my answer was a solid "No. Absolutely not. No way in heck. No." Dave understood but this obviously isn't a typical wedding...how do you tell someone they have to cancel the vacation they have apparently been saving for for months? Well, Dave, being the knight in shining armor that he is, called John Doe and explained the situation. John felt really bad (since it was kinda all his fault), so Dave called me back and said: "John totally understands so he told Jane she is going to have to go to the pool or something during the wedding and just meet up with everyone after."

Ok...so apparently the guys didn't understand as much as they though. Again: I am not proud of my reaction. But after even more crying and whining my answer was "If she is on that ship then I will not be." I was being dramatic, of course I would still go if she was on the ship, but that made Dave understand exactly how upset I was so he told John that Jane was gonna have to cancel. It wasn't a huge deal because she wasn't paid in full, hadn't purchased any plane tickets or hotel rooms, and hadn't even gotten the time off from work yet. Easy fix right?

Wrong.

Well, here is where the story gets even more dramatic. All of this went down on Tuesday...Friday was the day everyone needed to be paid in full. So I let my travel agent know about the situation so she would cancel Jane as soon as she called. My TA didn't hear anything Tuesday night. Or on Wednesday. She didn't hear anything Thursday morning. Or afternoon. Or night. Nothing on Friday morning. Friday at 3 Jane still hadn't called. It was looking like the (insert rude word for a female here) was going to come anyway! Well, my TA, being the amazing woman that she is, performed yet another miracle. The (insert rude word for a female) had set up automatic payments, however the final payment needs to be approved by the traveler by e-mail or fax (I think for legal reasons). Well...apparently homegirl had missed that memo, and my TA simply didn't call to remind her. So our unwanted guests reservation was cancelled, she forfeit her deposit, my TA got our friend into the stateroom with John Doe, and the cruise is at capacity so if Jane Doe wants to try to book again she is out of luck.

And hopefully nothing like this happens again so my wedding will go happily after all =P

OMG I am so glad you updated I have been checking I knew your wedding was getting close and you must be doing lots!
First of let me say what a (insert female dog here) that girl is for wanting to show up to your wedding!!! :mad: I would have freaked out, that would be so uncomfortable for everyone but I am so glad that everything worked out and plus if she tries to book know they are full so she can’t so bonus! And glad you figured out the voicemail caller so weird that people think they can just show up! (oh and I did laugh by the way) :rotfl2:
Also I love your bridal shower theme I love a good tea party and your cards are darling I am such a scrapbooker I would keep everyone! :goodvibes
Oh and I thought I was a bad bride complaining about paying for three cruises you paid for 11!! OMG that is crazy but congrats on getting everything paid off on time and whoever you paid for I hope they get you great gifts and are extremely thankful! :worship:
And for the magnets, I have some templates of some that I finished I can just email them to you(save money where you can!) and its super easy to do just print them out on cardstock cut (laminate if you want its cheaper not to but nicer if you do) and add a magnet strip on the back (Walmart sells them for $5.95) and if you need more templates I can see what I can do for you! Let me know!
p.s. love your invitations that worked so well with your theme ::MickeyMo
Happy Planning to you!

OMG I am so glad you updated I have been checking I knew your wedding was getting close and you must be doing lots!
First of let me say what a (insert female dog here) that girl is for wanting to show up to your wedding!!! :mad: I would have freaked out, that would be so uncomfortable for everyone but I am so glad that everything worked out and plus if she tries to book know they are full so she can’t so bonus! And glad you figured out the voicemail caller so weird that people think they can just show up! (oh and I did laugh by the way) :rotfl2:
Also I love your bridal shower theme I love a good tea party and your cards are darling I am such a scrapbooker I would keep everyone! :goodvibes
Oh and I thought I was a bad bride complaining about paying for three cruises you paid for 11!! OMG that is crazy but congrats on getting everything paid off on time and whoever you paid for I hope they get you great gifts and are extremely thankful! :worship:
And for the magnets, I have some templates of some that I finished I can just email them to you(save money where you can!) and its super easy to do just print them out on cardstock cut (laminate if you want its cheaper not to but nicer if you do) and add a magnet strip on the back (Walmart sells them for $5.95) and if you need more templates I can see what I can do for you! Let me know!
p.s. love your invitations that worked so well with your theme ::MickeyMo
Happy Planning to you!
OMG girl there was so much drama over that girl. So stupid. I am going to sound like a bridezilla but I'm the bride, it's my wedding, I shouldn't have to deal with that much stress less than 3 months out.
And thanks for the offer! I actually found a cool webpage on FB that has hundreds of free graphics and I was able to get and customize the one I like. And I was going to DIY the magnets but I found a lady on Etsy who is doing it for $2 a magnet and throwing in a bunch of extra goodies as well. So I really lucked out on that [=
And thank you so much! I love the invitations...I am just not a fan of stuffing envelopes and addressing them haha. I still have to right 20 thank you notes for shower gifts and then turn around and do the 80+ invitations. Gag =P

Ok, so I feel like everything has been getting wrapped up these last couple of weeks. We have paid off everything, finalized the guest count (for real this time), got the flowergirl/jr. bridesmaid dresses, ordered personalized favors, and returned the completed planning guide!

And just in case you are interested, here are the options we selected for our wedding:
Bouquet: Oceanfront Elegance
disney-cruise-line-bouquet-white-bouquet.jpg

Cake: Touch of Character design, with vanilla cake and chocolate caramel ganache filling.
disney-cruise-line-weddings-character-cake.jpg

We have a few wedding guests who have Celiac so there will be a gluten-free dessert option provided for them, I am just not sure what yet.

Music (live piano):
Prelude: Circle of Life Listen Here
Processional: Can You Feel the Love Tonight Listen Here
Recessional: Main Street Electrical Parade Listen Here
Cake Cutting: Kiss the Girl Listen Here
(CD music)
First Dance: Piano cover of Clarity by Zedd ft. Foxes Listen Here (start at 1:00)
Father/Daughter Dance: May I Have This Dance by Scott Krippayne Listen Here

My mom and I have appointments at the salon for before the wedding, she is having a blow out and style and I am planning on getting an up-do similar to a French Twist. My mother-in-law is a very talented makeup artist so she will be pretty-ing me up.

We decided to cancel the family only dinner at Palo and instead have a family brunch later on the cruise. Dave and I will be having our private Palo dinner for just the two of us on the second to last night.

As for other details, I picked out 5 dresses for my flowergirl to choose from and she decided on this one because the skirt is similar to mine and she felt "grown up and lovely" (her words lol):
unnamed-8.jpg

I found two dresses for my jr. bridesmaid and we just need her to see which fits best:

7340_10154472018065093_427809451859436565_n.jpg
10502012_10154472018225093_862524153116260002_n.jpg

and I ordered the customized door magnets [= here are the templates:
Matt.jpg

And then I ordered a few with the wedding details for keepsakes:
2.jpg

And then because I was on a roll I ordered a few magnets for our Honeymoon Suite door:
5.jpg
0.jpg

Justmarried.jpg

And I am also planning on making a little welcome bag for each stateroom (assuming I can do them inexpensively). I would just like to get a little gift bag and put in some sun block, aloe, sunglasses, candies and a little card with the ceremony and reception details (day/time/location).

We have also capped out at 45 guests. We had some extremely last minute shuffles and one more guest slipped in right under the wire.

Let me know what you all think! [=

You have been so busy! First off glad the drama with that girl is over what a nightmare im sure :faint: Second off glad you found inexpensive magnets!! Yey two dollars is such a good deal and they look fabulous I love the template of the mickey mouse and goofy head in the sky I had been looking for that one forever!

Also your flower girl dress is darling and how nice that she will feel "grown up!" so cute

Also my favorite jr.bridesmaid dress is the one on the right I love the skirt and the flowers at the top very cute!

and 45 people that is so exciting! Congrats on so many people coming to spend your big day with you :cheer2:

I think if you want to do cheap welcome bags do little "bear necessities" bags kind of what you mentioned hand sanitizer, aloe, sunscreen etc, dollar tree has all that and if you need a hand sanitizer look at mine on my pj I got a great deal from a lady they are fabulous I just love them!:goodvibes

oh and have you picked a cake topper yet? I love your cake pick so cute hidden mickeys perfect for your theme! Also that is one of my favorite bouquets it will look great in pictures!

Can't wait for more updates you are so close now!

Melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter