Lysol commercials aggravate me

Do none of you know how advertising works? Literally no one stops advertising because their product is sold out. "Stop advertising because you sold so much product" is not a marketing strategy. On top of that, they almost certainly have THOUSANDS of contracts signed with ad agencies and networks for airing that they can't just cancel or breach because Cindy Lou Who's local Walmart and Target are sold out of their product.

Also, it isn't Lysol's fault that your fellow citizens are standing at the doors of grocery stores at open and buying 10 bottles of it at a time.

There is some atrocious radio commercial that I always have to suffer through in my husband's car (I don't listen to the radio because I hate listening to people talk) that I don't even know what it's for - a walk-in clinic? Some kind of urgent care? All I know is they have a "jingle" to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star that is intentionally sung slightly offkey by all the participants, including a little girl, a grown woman, and a man. All I remember of the jingle is the little girl, "I fell down and scraped my knee" blahblah, the rest I don't remember because it agitates me so much I turn the radio off when it comes on.

Do none of you know how advertising works? Literally no one stops advertising because their product is sold out. "Stop advertising because you sold so much product" is not a marketing strategy.
The advertising "strategy" that I find really odd is advertising for an event days/weeks after it is over. Really what's the point in that.

Not the actual ads. The fact that they feel the need to advertise a product they can't deliver. Stop spending money on advertising and apply it to production! Grrr!

What commercials aggravate you?
Well Lysol is working to protect their brand. Lysol and Chlorox have not had the manufacturing capacity to keep up with demand in the pandemic, the smaller companies have stepped up and have been able to step up production. I have never seen so many brands I have never heard of before in the store. Lysol is just trying to keep their name on people's minds despite not being able to keep their product on the shelves. They want people to come back to their brand when they catch up with demand.

This one used to play here 5 times every commercial break! The first 5 times I heard it, it was cute. But, 5 times per break, is irritatingly too much. It got to the point that I now Mute the TV as quickly as I can. (Sometimes stuff can play during the break and I'm doing something else, and it's just background mumbling. Not this commercial with the louder music. :headache: Now, I think they only show it 3 times per break, as people probably complained. :rolleyes: I notice I reach for the remote slightly less often. :headache:

Well Lysol is working to protect their brand. Lysol and Chlorox have not had the manufacturing capacity to keep up with demand in the pandemic, the smaller companies have stepped up and have been able to step up production. I have never seen so many brands I have never heard of before in the store. Lysol is just trying to keep their name on people's minds despite not being able to keep their product on the shelves. They want people to come back to their brand when they catch up with demand.

It's actually that the material use to make wipes is the same material used to make PPE, so the material became difficult to find.

It's actually that the material use to make wipes is the same material used to make PPE, so the material became difficult to find.

It's a type of poly-spun material that is the same stuff that N95 mask are made from. Between the 2 types of manufacturing needs, it has made the material hard to crank out enough on a continual basis.

Well, then first somebody has to create new material.

That or just sell us a bottle of the wipes liquid. It's not the same as regular household cleaners. I'll be fine making my own wipes from paper towels that won't last as long. I often don't need to wipe something down with a material that's as indestructible as the wipes are.

Do none of you know how advertising works? Literally no one stops advertising because their product is sold out. "Stop advertising because you sold so much product" is not a marketing strategy. On top of that, they almost certainly have THOUSANDS of contracts signed with ad agencies and networks for airing that they can't just cancel or breach because Cindy Lou Who's local Walmart and Target are sold out of their product.

Not sure about anyone else, but I have never see as many Lysol commercials as I have lately. So in our area, they are advertising more than normal. And that is just aggravating, reminding me I can’t FIND their product no matter how much I want to buy it. Seems to me, ticking off your customers isn’t a good strategy either. And not like there isn’t enough pent up demand already.

That or just sell us a bottle of the wipes liquid. It's not the same as regular household cleaners. I'll be fine making my own wipes from paper towels that won't last as long. I often don't need to wipe something down with a material that's as indestructible as the wipes are.
Agreed. The blue Scott Shop Towels would work perfectly for this.

Any and all local car dealer commercials that air multiple times during the nightly news.

The Liberty Mutual commercials with the emu "LiMu EMU".

Not sure the ads annoy me, but the fact that they are necessary annoys me. The CDC, State Health Department, Hospital Groups, Ad Council and local businesses telling us to wear a mask when we go out and to social distance. DUH! Wear a mask when you go out and social distance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter