Made PS for 16 restaurants!

Laralyn

DIS Veteran
I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with a Disney castmember scheduling (and rescheduling) all of our PS for our upcoming trip. She was really helpful and very nice and patient even though it took so long! I knew what I wanted to do for each day, so I can only imagine how long it would have taken if I didn't have a schedule!

Here's what I've got. Any suggestions or places you would recommend NOT going to? I've been to a few of the places on my list but it was so many years ago that it's all pretty much new to me. My BF has never been to WDW, so I'm trying to plan unique things he'll enjoy. It's just the two of us. :D

Planet Hollywood (dinner, arrival night)
Concourse Steakhouse (breakfast so he can ride the monorail to MK)
Cinderella's (dinner)
Sci Fi (lunch)
Mama Melrose (Fantasmic package)
Biergarten (lunch)
El Marrakech (dinner)
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
'Ohana (late dinner after fireworks)
Boma (dinner)
50's PT (lunch)
Whispering Canyon (dinner then watch fireworks)
Le Cellier (lunch)
San Angel Inn (lunch)
Rose & Crown (dinner)
Kona Cafe (breakfast, last day)

Whew! The castmember joked that I was going to run my BF ragged. ;)

Geepers, I was starting to wonder if I made too many, now I am thinking I didn't make enough!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!:earsgirl:

I think your plans look perfect! You have a wonderful mix of all the best that WDW dining offers - some fun meals, some restaurants with great theming, some with great food, some all of the above!

Sixteen PS does sound like a lot, but then again, I'm curious about one thing-how long are you going for? And when are you going?

I was also wondering how long you were staying. I'd need to be staying for at least a week and a half to be able to eat at all those restaurant. I prefer one sit-down meal a day, one meal either in the room (usually breakfast, but could be a quick sandwich for dinner--I'm so tired by then I don't really care what I'm eating), and one counter service. I don't like spending too much time a a full service restaurant and tend to eat more, which I can't do more than once a day.

T&B

We'll be there 8 nights, 9 days. I'm planning on only eating two meals a day, and maybe a few snacks in between. We usually eat pretty lightly too--no appetizers, no desserts. For example, if we have breakfast on Sunday, we typically don't have anything else that day until a light dinner. Do you think it will be too much eating if that's the case?

With only entrees and few alcoholic beverages, I figured we'd average under $100 a day for food, drinks and snacks total. Does that sound about right for two people?

Now I'm worried that I've scheduled too much! :eek:

It will be $100 just to eat at Lecellier. My husband and I ate there last year and had 2 drinks from the bar and our meal and spent $125. My suggestion is to only eat 2x a day. 3 a day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner is hard because all you do is spend your day trying to make it to your PS on time.

Looks good to me. The only change I would make is change breakfast at Concourse Steakhouse to one of the GF restaurants. (Gr. Fl. Cafe or 1900 Park Faire, our fave) you can take the monorail from there.

Have a great trip!::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Yikes!

I think you have way too many priority seatings for only 9 days! You'll spend a lot of your time eating or getting to/from restaurants. In my experience, a sit down breakfast or lunch takes at least an hour and dinners take at least 90 minutes to 2 hours. So, you're taking 2-3 hours out of every day to eat. I think when you have plans for breakfast, it's OK to have dinner plans. However, I think you should cut pack to one lunch or one dinner those days you have both scheduled like here:

Sci Fi (lunch)
Mama Melrose (Fantasmic package)

Biergarten (lunch)
El Marrakech (dinner)

50's PT (lunch)
Whispering Canyon (dinner then watch fireworks)

San Angel Inn (lunch)
Rose & Crown (dinner)

Your budget of $100 per day is also way too low for that many restaurants! You may not be appitizer or dessert people in general, but the offerings at WDW restaurants are very tempting. Did you check Deb Will's menus (http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm)?

Of course, you can keep your PSs and adjust them once you get there. It's easier to remove a PS than add one! I think you'll find that you're running around a lot and not enjoying the parks.

It looks like we will be there around the same time. I think that your reservations look great. I am wondering though-On the day that you are doing MGM with Sci-Fi and Mama Melrose I am wondering if you are eating the Fantasmic meal really early like 4:30 because if so then you might not be that hungry after eating at Sci-Fi for lunch. It is something to think about.

Have a wonderful time!!!!

I think it looks great. We do two PS meals a day. Usually early lunch and late dinner. The restaurants are one of the things that attract my DH and I to WDW. We love all the choices and we love trying them all.

Please do a trip report when you come back. I would love to hear about all these places.

I think it looks great, too.

We have an 8 day trip coming up soon and I have 16 PSs, too. That is actually fewer than normal because a few things about this trip are up in the air right now. I'll probably add a couple more later.

You can always cancel if you like.

We don't feel at all as if we're wasting time with sitdown restaurants. Having a nice meal in a relaxed setting enhances our WDW experience. It is one of our very favorite parts of our trips.

When I go solo during busier times of the year, I tend to make alot of PS, so it's not a big deal to have that many.

Here's my 2 cents:
Planet Hollywood (dinner, arrival night):sad2: -- I'd recommend the House of Blues instead. Much better food.
Concourse Steakhouse (breakfast so he can ride the monorail to MK) -- Although I think Chef Mickey's is horrible for dinner, breakfast is pretty good and would suggest it.
Cinderella's (dinner) -- GREAT!!::yes::
Sci Fi (lunch):sad2: -- Skip this place. The food is just so-so. I'd take the boat over to the Beach Club and grab lunch at Beaches & Cream.
Crystal Palace (breakfast) -- GREAT!!!::yes::
'Ohana (late dinner after fireworks) -- Really good::yes::
50's PT (lunch) -- GREAT!!!::yes::
Whispering Canyon (dinner then watch fireworks) -- Really good::yes::
Le Cellier (lunch) -- GREAT!!!::yes::
Rose & Crown (dinner) -- GREAT!!!::yes::
Kona Cafe (breakfast, last day) :sad2: -- Was very disappointed there. What about breakfast at the Beach Club?

Thanks for all the feedback! I'll take a look at some of the times again and see if I can't spread them out more.

I've read some so-so reviews of the Sci Fi drive in, but my BF is a huge fan of that era and of the film trailers they show. I suspect that restaurant would be one his top 10 favorite things at all of WDW. I haven't even hinted about it yet because I want it to be a surprise to him. I combined it with the early MM Fantasmic seating since that was the only Fantasmic seating available, and because it will mean we'll eat lightly at Sci Fi--which seemed like a good fit since the reviews are so-so. :D

I chose Kona Cafe after hearing folks talk about how good the Tonga Toast is. Maybe that would be a good trade for breakfast in the GF instead?

I chose the Concourse Steakhouse because I think my BF will really like the monorails in the Contemporary, and he can get irritated if a restaurant is super loud, especially if the loudness comes from a ton of kids. Isn't Chef Mickey's really loud in the mornings?

We have two days in every park and it's a slow time of year, so I figured we could afford the time for two sit-down meals a day and still see everything. On the other hand, it's been 8 years since I've been to the parks... is that not the case anymore?

Thanks again for all your help!

My family eats lunch at Sci-Fi every year. The kids love it and so do the adults. Plus it's always cool in there and it's great when it's warm outside. We have always good service and food. We have had the hamburgers, fries, onion rings, black forest ham sandwich (really good), the chili.

We haven't been to Chef Mickey's but I have heard it is very loud. The GF Cafe is really good for breakfast but I have never been to Kona Cafe. We love the setting at the GF Cafe and the service and food is always wonderful.

We think Kona Cafe is great for breakfast and do it more than once per trip. I would keep it if I were you.

I would keep Concourse Steakhouse over Chef Mickey's especially if he doesn't like noise.

But I wouldn't worry too much about what everyone else thinks. You've obviously done your homework. Try the places you want and then decide for yourself.::yes::

Looks good to me.

Mealtimes are good milestones. They provide structure to the day. When I went with just my wife (Before Kids) I noticed we wasted a lot of time deciding where to eat. Once we found a place, it was too crowded and we looked elsewhere. Since you don't have kids with you, it should be a problem making it to the PSs.

I think you may want to double (or triple) your food budget. :smooth:

Looks like a great lineup of PS's.

We also did the Sci-Fi and Mama Melrose combo on our MGM day. We just plan on an appetizer and shakes for lunch and then doing our dinner at MM's.

I chose the Concourse Steakhouse because I think my BF will really like the monorails in the Contemporary, and he can get irritated if a restaurant is super loud, especially if the loudness comes from a ton of kids. Isn't Chef Mickey's really loud in the mornings?
Concourse although quiter than Chef Mickey's is still on the loud side. It is located adjacent to Chef Mickey's with open air sitting. Just a small 1/2 wall seperates the sitting areas of the two places.

Now this is making me nervous. We're going around the same time 11/10-14 and only have 1 PS! Eating well is an important part of our trip so we're planning on 2 sit-down meals a day. I really wanted to keep our schedule flexible so I was hoping we might be able to just walk into places - or at least make the PS the same day. Also hoping Epcot restaurants won't be too busy since a lot of people will be filling up at the F&W booths? These are the places we're focusing on (obviously not actually eating at all of these).

Dinner at CG (our one PS)
Breakfast at Kona
Lunches at 50's Prime Time, Sci-Fi (for fun atmosphere), Tony's, Olivia's
Lunch or dinner at Rose and Crown, Japan, Morocco, Italy, France, Brown Derby

Advice please! Do you think I have to make some decisions now or is it safe to play it by ear? BTW - it's just two of us. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter