Made PS for 16 restaurants!

Originally posted by disneywithdrawal
Now this is making me nervous. We're going around the same time 11/10-14 and only have 1 PS! Eating well is an important part of our trip so we're planning on 2 sit-down meals a day. I really wanted to keep our schedule flexible so I was hoping we might be able to just walk into places - or at least make the PS the same day.

Advice please! Do you think I have to make some decisions now or is it safe to play it by ear? BTW - it's just two of us. Thanks!

You are going Veteran's Day weekend and Super Soap Weekend and the end of the Food and Wine Festival. It should be pretty crowded. Walk-ups may have to wait a while. PS times now are getting a little scarce.

You'll be fine for Olivia's and probably for Kona especially if you're eating on the early side. For the others, I would make PSs at least by the morning that you plan to dine. At both EPCOT and MGM, you can make PSs shortly after you enter. At EPCOT, it is at guest relations I think. At MGM, there is a booth on your right at the first intersection. I think that a certain # of dining spots are held back for folks making PS as they arrive at a park. But I would do that as soon as you enter. Since we rarely have dinner at the same park we go to in the am, this strategy won't work for us.

We're going for the exact same amount of days and we have 15 PSs. We just cancel if we change our minds. I feel that you have done a great job of planning. Your BF will be impressed.

Lori

Originally posted by Gaiusrex
You are going Veteran's Day weekend and Super Soap Weekend and the end of the Food and Wine Festival. It should be pretty crowded. Walk-ups may have to wait a while. PS times now are getting a little scarce.

I guess my theory that Epcot restaurants might not be so crowded because some people will eat at the booths instead is wrong? I knew about Soap Weekend and plan to avoid it, so if we eat lunch at MGM it would be Thursday and/or Friday. Do you think we might still have a long wait? If we get there and they say it's an hour wait can we leave and come back in an hour or do we have to wait there?

Originally posted by BCV23
At both EPCOT and MGM, you can make PSs shortly after you enter. At EPCOT, it is at guest relations I think. At MGM, there is a booth on your right at the first intersection. I think that a certain # of dining spots are held back for folks making PS as they arrive at a park. But I would do that as soon as you enter. Since we rarely have dinner at the same park we go to in the am, this strategy won't work for us.

We're not going to be at the same park all day either. You can't make a PS for an Epcot restaurant at the MGM booth? I'll have my cell phone - can you call the number the same day?

Thank you both!

We're not going to be at the same park all day either. You can't make a PS for an Epcot restaurant at the MGM booth?

Oh, good question. I don't know. I do know any full service restaurant can cancel a PS at another restaurant in the same park anyway.

I'll have my cell phone - can you call the number the same day?

Yes, you can.

Now this is making me nervous. We're going around the same time 11/10-14 and only have 1 PS! Eating well is an important part of our trip so we're planning on 2 sit-down meals a day. I really wanted to keep our schedule flexible so I was hoping we might be able to just walk into places - or at least make the PS the same day. Also hoping Epcot restaurants won't be too busy since a lot of people will be filling up at the F&W booths?

I saw a definite difference between the first part of our trip (which includes F&W and Soap and Veteran's weekend) and the second part (the week after that).

When I tried to make a PS for the first part, I usually was left with only a few seatings available, at somewhat odd hours. For example, the only seating for Cindy dinner was during Spectro and probably also during the fireworks. That was OK with me, because we have other days to see those. The Fantasmic dinner was also at an odd time, super early.

When I made a PS for the second part of the trip, I got the exact time I suggested every time.

So if you want to eat at a sit-down restaurant and you're going before Monday, Nov. 15, you should probably call and make PS arrangements ASAP.

Your plans look great to me! Eating is an adventure in itself at Disney! lol I found that when my DH and kids stopped for and hour or two for a meal it refreshed us and it was a nice break. We still went back to the hotel for the afternoon for a nap and still needed some time off our feet ! I think everyone should try Sci-FI at least once, even if its for just a shake or dessert. We had lunch there last year and it was good. I have heard the bad reputation of the food but I thought it was okay. The atmosphere is awesome! You did a nice job in your planning!;)

You've picked a lot of great places. If you do decide to skip one of the p.s.'s once you're there then that will be ok but at least you know you have the p.s. if you want it. I'm afraid $100 a day including snacks may be a little bit lower than you should estimate but that's just my 2 cents. Have a wonderful time.

Robin,
Thanks so much for the restaurant website- that ought to keep us all busy until our trip in May!!!!!
Amy
:earsgirl:

Skip San Angel Inn for lunch, especially if you are doing Marrakesh that night. I've eaten at San Angel twice and was disappointed both times. I love the counter service offerings in World Showcase--the Cantina in Mexico is better than the sit down restaurant.

If you find that you won't make all your PS's, please cancel!! The sooner the better.

WOW, I read this thread earlier in the week and am just now responding. We are there 12 days (very soon now) and I'm lucky if I have 6 PSs. And most of them are doubles of our favorite places. We have been to WDW so many times now (5-6 times a year--more than a week each visit) and have eaten at so many places. We now only have a handful of places we like to visit. So we have 2 ressies at the Plaza, 2 ressies at 50s PT, 1 at chef Mickey's, and 1 at LeCellier. That doesn't include walk ins to Trail Ends, and it also doesn't include breakfast visits to Boatwrights and Whispering Canyon--those are never a problem if you're there when they open. Wish I had more favorite places, but as they say--been there, done that. If I ate at all of your places, I definitely would have to pack 2 different size shorts to make it home. As it is now, I still have to pack my elastic/drawstring shorts just to make it home after a week visit. Good Luck! Would love to hear your reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter