Madonna

cinmell

DIS Veteran
Do you like her? I used to like her years ago but I don't like her new stuff and she irritates me. I don't know why but she does. She has a new cd out so she's been doing interviews, all over the radio and even on Will and Grace last night. So, do YOU like her?

Watching her on Regis and Kelly right now. I like her but in my opinion she is a little strange when she is giving an interview. Of course I was a big fan when I was in high school a few years back. ;)

Melinda

I like that she has something new to offer every couple of years. I respect how she's be able to stay at the top for so long. I've been a fan since she first came on MTV in the 80's.

I admit, I used to like her quite a bit. I never really liked some of the things she did outside of her music, but I did give her credit for doing what she wanted. But now, she's just become way too political for me - I don't like to mix music and politics. Her newer music doesn't do it for me either. I'll stick with "Dress You Up" and "Borderline" - those were her glory days.

She was good on Will & Grace last night -- she had a funny character to play. Don't really care much for her, musically.

She's a marketing genius, I'll say that about her.

I like her personally, but then again I like strong women like her. Not crazy about her music though.

BTW, I would love to know whether or not she recently had some work (plastic surgery) done. She looks years younger these days.

She's the mother of reinventing herself, that's for sure!

She reminds me too much of my least favorite sister-in-law (not in looks, just in mannerisms) the kind of person who always has to be the center of attention, the loudest talking person at a gathering, etc. Blech.....

Don't care too much for her current music, I like her old 1980's stuff, "Lucky Star" "Burning Up (for your love)" "Dress You Up" "Rescue Me" etc.

Oh and Snoopy...there aren't too many actors/singers who haven't had at least a little Botox or Laser work done! ;)

Did you ever wonder why she never got that gap in her front teeth fixed? With all her money, and the great shape she's in, it always mystified me - she could have perfect teeth easily.:confused:

Like some of her music, don't think much of her as an actress, but I do think she is an INCREDIBLE marketer.

I've always liked her music. Some of the acting she's done has been okay, but I like her better as a singer. :D

I was working for Warner Brothers records (computer stuff in distribution, nothing exciting) when she was a new artist. She does have a decent voice but has definately made some great marketing decisions in her career. There are so few musical artists that are successful for such a span. I admire that more than anything else. She's certainly not the dumb blonde that many thought she was when she started.

Originally posted by grinningghost
Did you ever wonder why she never got that gap in her front teeth fixed? With all her money, and the great shape she's in, it always mystified me - she could have perfect teeth easily.:confused:

Hey...watch it there! ;)

I also have that gap in my front teeth, and I considered getting it fixed many years ago. But I thought why bother? I wouldn't be doing it for myself, because it doesn't bother me in the least! Lauren Hutton also has "the gap."

lh4.jpg
lh78.jpg
lh53.jpg

Now...if it's a sign of fame and fortune...I want to know when I'm getting mine! ;) :p

Never been a fan....only thing I do like is that gap between her teeth.

Just got done watching her on Regis and Kelly and she isnt the best in interviews~ she seemed kinda flaky~ but then again I would be to that early considering she has probably been up earlier than normal, I like her gap it adds character.I think her defense mode kicks in when they start asking too personal of questions. Kelly is acting sorta dorky today too must be a little too excited to see her idol.

Nope - I can't stand her...:teeth:

Whoever called her a marketing genius hit the nail on the head. growing up; she was my role model - it's no wonder I work in marketing?!?

As for plastic surgery? Nope - she doesn't have it. She doesn't believe in that, nor does she believe in drugs or alcohol....HENCE the reason that she never fixed the space between her teeth - she once said "If God wanted no space - there would be no space" They actually filled it in for Evita; as Eva Peron has perfect teeth.

Kudo's to whoever said about *reinventing herself* every couple of years...I mean I don't think her music is as good as it use to be either...but that makes perfect sence 'cause I don't like ANY music on the radio now-a-days as much as I did in the '80's...point is - the music changed - she SUCCESSFULLY changed with it (I can only count a few artists that are able to do that)

I think her talents go above and beyond singing...ok other then Evita; acting is clearly NOT her thing...BUT...she is a phenominal dancer, writer, and business woman, not to mention that she recently learned how to play guitar...

As for the poster that said that her songs are too political - what song is that?!? She is one of the few artists who will not comment on politics - normally not even in interviews?!? (I don't think that your talking about American Life; because that song was all a gimmick of marketing?!? Ohhh..and if you are - then it worked!!)

By the way - shouldn't this thread be on the debate board?!?

Originally posted by madonna31

By the way - shouldn't this thread be on the debate board?!?
Nope, its a simple question of opinions. I personally never cared for her much, but she has proven she has tremendous staying power in the market, you do not do that without talent. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter