Magic Band doubts

anacaro

Earning My Ears
Hi.
We will be going on Feb to celebrate our dd birthday. We have magic bands from our last trip, two years ago. Since she was a baby she didn't have to ware the magic band but now I think she does. The problem is that dd has sensory issues and doesn't bear wearing ANYTHING on her arms. I was wondering if i bought a magic band 2 (the new ones) I can activate that one when we are there instead of the one that is linked to her profile on MDE.

Thx

Yes, you can absolutely do this. Any new band you buy can be linked and used interchangeably with any other on her profile. She doesn't have to wear the Magic Band anyway though. Just have it present for any needed scans. You can just carry it, or clip it to yourself or a bag or belt or whatever.

You can purchase MBs in advance and associate the to anyone in MDE. I prepurchased a Tigger band this past fall and added it to MDE pre-trip and used it right away.

Just what I was going to say. No one has to wear the band. Ever. No one has to use one; if you're onsite ask for a card at checkin. If you're offsite get a card for your ticket. No need to torment anyone with the bands.

My DD (who is four) doesn't like to wear her Magic Band, either. She'll wear it for a bit here and there, but not all day. My DH just carries her band in his pocket and hands it to her when it needs to be scanned for FP+ or park entry or whatever. (She does like to hold it up and make the Mickey light up green.) If you're not a pocket person, you could hang it on a belt loop, lanyard, or key ring.

In this case, I strongly recommend just skipping the band and going with the plastic card. You can request that at the front desk and you might be able to get it from guest relations as well. you can even get her a lanyard but I find the card is easier to just have in your pocket for her. The band is only needed for ride photos on a couple rides and as long as someone else is wearing it riding with her, your good to go in that area. (wearing your band, you do not need to wear hers).

If the 2.0 bands are coming to resort guests, you have more accessory options (not for sale yet either) where it doesn't need to be in the form of something you wear on your wrist. that might be an option if something would work where she can carry it.

basically you have options. get the band, ask for a card, see what accessories are for sale in the resort gift shop and decide (or even bring them all) with you on what will work for her.

There is no need for your daughter to wear the band or purchase the new version. About 30 minutes into our park days, I inevitably have DS9's band on my wrist along with my own. No one has to wear a band.

Thx everyone. I'm not going to purchase a new band for her. Good to know that she doesn't have to be wearing it, so I will just keep it in the bag.

You all have been very helpful, now I can't wait to be there for her bday

Thx everyone. I'm not going to purchase a new band for her. Good to know that she doesn't have to be wearing it, so I will just keep it in the bag.

You all have been very helpful, now I can't wait to be there for her bday

I am 54 years old and been an Annual Holder for the past 16 years. I have never worn the Magic Band on my wrist. Ever. I have no issues, I just don't like anything on my wrist. Ask your daughter what she would like - maybe you can get her something to wear around her neck or her ankle so she can still "show it off" but not have it on her wrist. Or, around her waist. I just stick it into my small bag and pull it out when I need it. But, let her make the decision.

My 6 year old will wear hers now but for the prior two trips at 4 and 5. I wore it. No big deal. I just had one on each arm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter