Magic Band Question

PeterPanFan74

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever purchased one of the skins (sticker like) to go on magic bands? I am thinking its worth to pay a 10 dollar upgrade for a magic band with character theme. I worry the skin isn't water proof for pools if my kids want to swim with it on. Also, does it peel off?

We've had mixed results. We have bought from different shops. The ones from ShopEmilyG and ThimbleThreadsDotCom on Etsy have been the best for us, I believe. The ones we have bought elsewhere did not do so well.

As others have noted, the quality will vary by vendor so its difficult to say if they are "worth it". Personally, I think the plain on MB's are fine the way they are.

Has anyone ever purchased one of the skins (sticker like) to go on magic bands? I am thinking its worth to pay a 10 dollar upgrade for a magic band with character theme. I worry the skin isn't water proof for pools if my kids want to swim with it on. Also, does it peel off?

I got a skin from Magic Your Band, and it was worth it for me. I only did it because I didn't like most of the upgrades and the ones I did everyone else also wanted. It was a real pain either because of IT issues or because they couldn't keep them in stock with the rate of demand.

I ended up creating a custom decal with Dark Rapunzel from the Tangled series. Cost a few dollars less than the upgrade and was water resistant.

I also had good results with Magic Your Band. I found them easy to apply. Each order comes with two copies, if I'm remembering right. My daughter started picking at one of mine and so I had to peel it off after a few days, but the others have lasted multiple trips, and I wear in the pool, too. I think I would use them again if I were in the mood to "upgrade" and wanted a specific design or style.

If I may borrow your thread (in part because I don't know what forum this goes under, lol:

If I know I'm getting decals/skins, does it matter which color or style I get? Is white or black preferable? Do skins do a good job of covering up something if I got a design but wanted to change it later?

If I may borrow your thread (in part because I don't know what forum this goes under, lol:

If I know I'm getting decals/skins, does it matter which color or style I get? Is white or black preferable? Do skins do a good job of covering up something if I got a design but wanted to change it later?

I have purchased skins from EmilyG multiple times, all of them have lasted over multiple trips and multiple years.

just a thought as an alternative. we have done temporary tattoos on our magic bands, and then covered them with a little bit of clear nail polish. This was clearly a more "permanent" solution to a plain magic band, and its tough to change them after the fact. but they lasted our 8-9 day trips with no flaking or peeling...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter