Magic Kingdom on Sunday

DisneyFan79

Daydreaming of Disney :)
Is the Magic Kingdom very busy on Sundays? How is it with the Extra Magic Hour? We will be going during the value season (2nd week of December) and I was wondering if I should move my schedule around and tour MK on another day? Thanks for any info. In May we were there on Friday before Memorial Day and it was a mad house. Thanks!!!:)

I've gone on a Sunday a few times and thought it was just fine; especially if you can get an early start...

We were there for CRT breakfast at 8:20 the end of October and it was great. We got so much done.

We were there this December and it was empty on Sunday morning 12/15 up until lunchtime. In the morning we rode every ride (sometimes more than once). I took pictures of Main Street and Fantasyland because I knew no one would believe me when I got home. :smooth:

On Sunday this last November, we did Fantasyland in 1 hour. By the end of the day, we did 22 rides and got 23 autographs. It was my DW and DD first trip.

I had to call a "Hall of President's" time out in the middle of the day to slow them down and sit for a few minutes :-) You can do alot in MK on a Sunday that time of year if it is not a holiday week.

Sunday is always our MK day no matter when we go. That's most often in May and Sept. but we went the first week in December 2001. The MK on Sunday was just fine-moderate crowds and no problems at all.

We went on Sunday in October, right after they had reinstated ee, or Magical Mornings. We arrived at 11 am, after eating at 1900 Park Faire. The characters were out in full force on Main Street, and we spent a good portion of our time there! When we did wander back into the park, we found Adventureland to be almost deserted. We rode Pirates with no wait at all. I cannot answer for Frontierland, Fantasyland or Tomorrowland, though.

If you plan to take advantage of Magical Morning, do Fantasyland 1st, then go to Tomorrowland, then to Frontierland... in that way, you can get most of the most popular attractions completed, and take your time in the afternoon.

We also went back on a Thursday in the afternoon for the parade (also a Magical Morning). After the parade, we went to Fantasyland, and the lines weren't bad at all.

Take you chances, and if you find you are getting bogged down, then hop to another park!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter