Magic: Navigators Verandah or Interior?

mrsgthatsme

Mouseketeer
We are planning a cruise on the Magic this April for my parents, my family, and my brother. My parents are having a difficult time deciding if they want to stick with the interior room on Deck 7 that they initially booked, or if they want to switch to a verandah. The regular verandah's are a $1000 difference over the interior for a 4 day cruise, so I know that they will not want to do that. However, I did notice that there are several navigator's verandahs available on Deck 7 aft for $450 more than their interior. Tell me about your experience with the Navigator's Verandahs.... are they dark due to the sides on the verandah, or does plenty of light come in? I noticed some called it "cozy"... is it very small? It looked to me like the interior was 184 sq ft vs. the 268 of the navigators verandah, though I know that includes the sq footage of the verandah. Can you sit on the verandah? I would welcome your thoughts and experiences so I could pass them along to my parents. Thank you!

The verandah is enclosed other than the porthole. It has a bench on one side and I think a chair out on the other. We had one on our Norway cruise a while back and my mother in law loved sitting out there reading. She liked that the walls blocked a lot of the wind (may not be an issue in the Caribbean). That being said, you can easily find a place to sit up on deck and read as well.

We have been on 2 Disney cruises on the Magic and have booked our 3rd on the Wonder. All the rooms have been in Navigator's Verandahs (same floor and rooms on each side of the ship). We like the fact that we can sit on the benches on either side and can also lean in the port hole and watch the water go by. We have both also enjoyed that since they are semi-enclosed that they help protect from the wind. We haven't found them dark at all in our experience.

Psy

I really enjoyed the navigator's verandah on my Alaska cruise. I thought that they let plenty of light into the room and when I was on the verandah the walls did help to shield part of the wind. I would suggest going on you tube and searching for Magic or Wonder navigator's verandah so that they can see what they are like.

I like to be able to have some sunlight enter my stateroom, and I also like being able to sit outside without leaving the stateroom, so I would upgrade to the Navigator's verandah. On the Magic, there are great old-fashioned wood deck chairs with pads on Deck 4 where I love to sit and read and watch the ocean go by. But being able to step out on to the verandah just for the few minutes while I'm waiting for rest of my group to get ready, or while I enjoy my coffee or whatever is really really nice.

For me, $1000 for a 4-night might not be worth it, but I would pay $450 in a heartbeat.

spend the money some where else - excursions and cool souvenirs - i spend the least amount of money on the cabin as it's just a bed and a bathroom

I like to be able to have some sunlight enter my stateroom, and I also like being able to sit outside without leaving the stateroom, so I would upgrade to the Navigator's verandah. On the Magic, there are great old-fashioned wood deck chairs with pads on Deck 4 where I love to sit and read and watch the ocean go by. But being able to step out on to the verandah just for the few minutes while I'm waiting for rest of my group to get ready, or while I enjoy my coffee or whatever is really really nice.

For me, $1000 for a 4-night might not be worth it, but I would pay $450 in a heartbeat.

This exactly. The air and extra outdoor private space is very worth it.

But for me I would rather not cruise at all than not have a verandah so I am biased. I like having private space and I cruise to see the ocean more than any other reason.

We just sailed with a Navigator's verandah for the first time last week and I will go back to a regular verandah next time because for me not enough light came in and I like to be able to watch the ocean while sitting down.

If I'm not in concierge, I'm in a Navigator's Verandah. It's so nice to have fresh air and light and a small amount (depending on how the wind is blowing) of wind block.

Last December, we cruised on the Magic and we had a Navigator's Verandah. In 2013, we were on the Dream with a deluxe Verandah. We loved the Navigator's Verandah. It has seating for two. You do have to stand up to watch the ocean go by. That was not a deal breaker for us though. We love to just hang out there or have the door open while we are in the room. There was plenty of light. Hubby loves to practice his photography and I love the ability to have my own private view of the ocean...so having a verandah is a must for us. I wouldn't pay $1000 more though...but I would go for the $450 for the Navigator option.

It sounds like a super fun trip you are planning! Happy Sailing!

I'm sort of glad it wasn't that cheap on the cruise we took. We did interior because we saved a bucketload, more than a thousand, but $450 is just cheap enough to be tempting, but not enough to be a no brainer.

FWIW we didn't miss the verandah as much as we thought we would.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter