Magical Express is going away on Jan. 1, 2022

My DVC dues pay for the upkeep of the parking lots, I never use a car so right now I'm subsidizing your parking space, so glad you find what will be a lot of trouble for large families laughable.

Perhaps you can wait until DVD stops offering "free" parking on points stays (not far-fetched & likely in the not too distant future, IMHO) and then point out to the OP that you are so delighted that you no longer have to subsidize his/her parking!

I just don't understand the mentality of some that it's okay to keep taking away services/benefits as long as those don't affect me. If Disney/DVD continues the trend of cost-cutting, it will end up affecting everyone in some ways.

LAX

Perhaps you can wait until DVD stops offering "free" parking on points stays (not far-fetched & likely in the not too distant future, IMHO) and then point out to the OP that you are so delighted that you no longer have to subsidize his/her parking!

I just don't understand the mentality of some that it's okay to keep taking away services/benefits as long as those don't affect me. If Disney/DVD continues the trend of cost-cutting, it will end up affecting everyone in some ways.

LAX
The p

LAX
I don't either we could all find something we pay for in our dues but don't use, I could think of several things, but many others will use them, but I don't ever consider I'm subsidizing anyone, the poster that claimed that is indicitive of some people's me me attitude.

The p
I don't either we could all find something we pay for in our dues but don't use, I could think of several things, but many others will use them, but I don't ever consider I'm subsidizing anyone, the poster that claimed that is indicitive of some people's me me attitude.

Id also advise that even if these perks were removed and you werent subsidizing others, you would never see that money returned to you, it would just be rolled into something not as transparent.

LAX

I guess I don’t understand why everyone has to be upset with Disney, a private company, making decisions they are making.

I completely agree that the loss of DME will become a hardship for many families, and make wanting to visit Disney less appealing.

But, as a consumer, I am not entitled to anything from WDW and certainly, if the cuts being made have a negative impact to the degree I didn’t want to go, then I will make a different choice.

Personally, I bought DVC to visit WDW, and if it will now cost me more to get there because DME is no longer free, then I will adjust how often I visit, how much I spend on food, etc. in order to absorb that cost...or simply budget more every year to still enjoy things as they are today.

The experience has changed over the past 25 years since we started going as a family..no question..but we have adjusted because the place still is enjoyable since we spend more time at the resorts than we do the parks,

As DVC owners, we all pay dues for pieces we may or may not use to the same degree as others and on that, we can be understanding that changes will impact others differently.

I have said a lot, cash guests and DVC owners will vote with their wallet and if the loss of this service vs whatever it will cost to use it by booking through Mears directly.l..which will still be there...causes the onsite guests to be less...WDPR will have to reevaluate their decision.

Last edited:

I was definitely disappointed upon hearing the news. Part of the disappointment was nostalgia of getting off the plane when my kids were little and making our way over to DME for the final leg of our journey.
I always look forward to a WDW trip with no driving for a week. DME made getting to WDW a no decision. Now we will most likely UBER. But I had looked forward to seeing the excitement in the eyes of my one day grand kids as we boarded DME. Hopefully there will be new options in the future.

Sorry, but I love this change. My wife and I have been wanting them to charge for ME for a long time. Right now, I am having to subsidize people who use the service even though we always drive. Nothing is truly free, someone’s paying for it. Now, I won’t have to pay for someone else to use the service. The whining going on is laughable. ME has been around less than 20 years. People survived before it and will survive again.
you seem nice
Im paying for you to park. I dont drive.
Maybe I can write and tell them that I dont want my dues to pay for parking. Oh and we dont use the pools or the common areas. I dont want to pay for those either.

With DME going away, it will certainly be disappointing.
Staying in the Disney "bubble" will be harder to accomplish.
Maybe time to branch out and see what Universal has to offer, if I'm going to be out of the "bubble" might as well.

you seem nice
Im paying for you to park. I dont drive.
Maybe I can write and tell them that I dont want my dues to pay for parking. Oh and we dont use the pools or the common areas. I dont want to pay for those either.
Im coming back to apologize for my snapishness but pretending that what you use isnt paid for by dues but what I use (which i also pay for with MY dues) is somehow "freeloading" is absurd.

Im coming back to apologize for my snapishness but pretending that what you use isnt paid for by dues but what I use (which i also pay for with MY dues) is somehow "freeloading" is absurd.
I would tend to agree with your comment. I don't use DME, but I also don't mind my MFs going towards it. It doesn't bother me that I am paying for something I don't use because I know that I use things that others don't use (which those people also pay for). We are all part of the DVC community. That's how I see it. Saying all that, it obviously doesn't bother me that the DME is getting discontinued because I didn't use it and there are better ways to get to WDW from the airport and vice versa. I am empathetic to those that relied on DME for so many years, but just rest assured that there are alternatives.

I would tend to agree with your comment. I don't use DME, but I also don't mind my MFs going towards it. It doesn't bother me that I am paying for something I don't use because I know that I use things that others don't use (which those people also pay for). We are all part of the DVC community. That's how I see it. Saying all that, it obviously doesn't bother me that the DME is getting discontinued because I didn't use it and there are better ways to get to WDW from the airport and vice versa. I am empathetic to those that relied on DME for so many years, but just rest assured that there are alternatives.

What are the better ways to get from MCO to the resorts? Especially those with large parties and in need of car seats?

What are the better ways to get from MCO to the resorts? Especially those with large parties and in need of car seats?
We have always done private vans. We actually have one booked for April. $140 round trip for the entire group. Car seats are available if you need them, but we have never used them. Driver meets you at baggage claim and you walk directly to the waiting van...only about a 3 minute walk. Then you get in the van and they take you directly to your resort; you don't have to stop at multiple resorts before they get to yours. And the driver will stop at the grocery store for 30 minutes if you want, it's included as part of the service. No having to wait in a crowd for your turn...only your party (important during COVID)...VERY short time span to get to your resort. Yeah, that's a much better way than DME. And for our party of 6 it is less than $25 round trip per person.

We have always done private vans. We actually have one booked for April. $140 round trip for the entire group. Car seats are available if you need them, but we have never used them. Driver meets you at baggage claim and you walk directly to the waiting van...only about a 3 minute walk. Then you get in the van and they take you directly to your resort; you don't have to stop at multiple resorts before they get to yours. And the driver will stop at the grocery store for 30 minutes if you want, it's included as part of the service. No having to wait in a crowd for your turn...only your party (important during COVID)...VERY short time span to get to your resort. Yeah, that's a much better way than DME. And for our party of 6 it is less than $25 round trip per person.
Are car seats not required in private vans? Also, I think you might have already said but can you share the name of the service you use?

Are car seats not required in private vans? Also, I think you might have already said but can you share the name of the service you use?

As long as someone posts the link, they can share. If it shows blocked out, then no other information can be shared, This is for any business one would like to discuss, not just resale brokers!

Right now, I am having to subsidize people who use the service even though we always drive.

Well right now not only do my dues subsidize a parking lot but actively makes the resort uglier.

They should remove all parking at all resorts and make them in to parks and communal spaces to be honest. There is no real reason to have parking lots. Make a large airport style parking lot on the fringe of Disney property and make it all better.

My kids didn’t need a car seat, they were old enough. But yeah, pretty sure if your kids require one that you would need them even in a private van. That’s why I said the service provides the car seats if you need them. The service I am using in April is Tony Hinds. His service was also referred on these DIS boards by several people. But there are also other options, like FL Tours. FL Tours is $20 more and they offer the same van service including the stop at a grocery store on the way to the resort. So there are a lot of options that are better than DME, IMO.

As long as someone posts the link, they can share. If it shows blocked out, then no other information can be shared, This is for any business one would like to discuss, not just resale brokers!
I just saw your comment. Who would have to post the link? The business? I didn’t post a link, I just shared the name of the business. Is that allowed? I’m assuming so because other commenters have shared the names.

I just saw your comment. Who would have to post the link? The business? I didn’t post a link, I just shared the name of the business. Is that allowed? I’m assuming so because other commenters have shared the names.

Anytime you want to discuss a business you should use the link and not just the name. The reason being is if the business is in the boards filter and you bypass that because you only used a name, you’d risk a potential infraction.

Someone asked if you could share if allowed and I just wanted to remind everyone that as long as people post a link to a business, no matter what business, they have followed board guidelines and are free to share.

ETA: I am pretty Sure in this case, you are okay.

Last edited:

Whats the name of the company? The GS stop is pretty neat.

Anytime you want to discuss a business you should use the link and not just the name. The reason being is if the business is in the boards filter and you bypass that because you only used a name, you’d risk a potential infraction.

Someone asked if you could share if allowed and I just wanted to remind everyone that as long as people post a link to a business, no matter what business, they have followed board guidelines and are free to share.

ETA: I am pretty Sure in this case, you are okay.
Aha...thank you for clarifying. Is there a place to visit on this site to find the links? Or do you just copy and paste the web address from the business, and then the site will automatically recognize if it? Just curios because I don't want to go on an infraction list :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter