~Magical Express was super for me~

PrincessCandaceMarie

DIS Veteran
Just had to say that Magical Express worked well for me and I'm glad I decided to do it. I know others have had bad experiences with it, but mine was good! Thanks!

I think a lot of kinks have been worked out. I had a good experience as well during our recent trip. The only part I didn't like was leaving the resort 3 hours before my flight out. I hate leaving Disney any earlier than I have to. :teeth:

Yeah, I hated the 3 hr early thing too, but it was still okay, since it took like 20 minutes for the people to board the ME and by the time we got to MCO I had time to shop, potty, and check in and it was time to board the plane...so I guess it all works out in the end....!

Glad to hear positive reporst about ME. We will be using it for the first time in December and I'm anxious reading all the negative things. Thanks for reassuring me that it does work the way its supposed to.

ME was outstanding for me. I was there this past August and I could not believe how smooth it went. I wasn't expecting to not see my luggage until later in the day, but even that was unbelieveable. I had my luggage in the room about an hour and a half after arriving at the resort.

When I arrivied at the airport and went to the ME desk there was a lot of people on line. I rolled my eyes and expected to be waiting on line for at least 45 minutes to an hour. Well I was extremely surprised when about 10 minutes passed and I was at the front desk getting my passes.

After that I said well we will probably have to wait a while for a bus. Another great surprise after about 10 minutes we were sitting on an airconditioned bus.

I'm not sure if this was unusual, but ME was outstanding for us.

I'm so happy to hear of your positive DME experience! There were a lot of kinks that had to be worked out at the beginning, but now all seems to be going much smoother. Thanks for posting!

PIRATEGIRL007 said:
Glad to hear positive reporst about ME. We will be using it for the first time in December and I'm anxious reading all the negative things. Thanks for reassuring me that it does work the way its supposed to.
You're not the only person to say you were feeling anxious due to reading "all the negative things" about DME. I continue to be fascinated by this, because I think since I've been combing these boards since about April of this year, I've read only one negative experience I can remember, and even that was fixed rather well by Disney CMs (bus was a no-show, after 30 minutes a cab got the guests to the airport, at Disney's expense).

What I HAVE read are lots of people expressing apprehension, or people slamming DME IN THEORY but not on actual bad experiences. If there have been lots of actual negative experiences posted, where are they and how have I been missing them???!!!

My DME experience was great. Perfect, actually. And I arrived at MCO on May 8, DME's 4th day of operation. Kinks? I saw them in '95. Lola was great performed live.

-- Eric :earsboy:

I've also heard some not-so-good things about DME, but I'm glad they're getting the glitches out. I'll be using it very soon. :sunny:

I loved ME! I arrived at MCO at 7 PM last Tuesday, and by 7:25 I was sitting on the bus on my way to All Star Movies. I was checked in by 8:30, the luggage arrived in my room at 10 PM. It was fantastic. I didn't mind the 3 hours before the plane, by the time we had picked everyone up & got to the airport an hour had passed. I went to the Disney store in the airport, went to the bathroom, went thru security & was at the gate with plenty of time to spare.

Since I don't have a license, I would have had to use a cab or car service to get to the resort & back. So getting all that I got for free was good, and the fact that I didn't have to handle my luggage until I got home (I flew JetBlue which is one of the airlines now) and it was great!

I'm so glad to hear that you all had good experiances with DME. My girlfriend and I will be going down on the 15th of December and we're abit ify with this (with all the bad things I was told by my travel agent) heres hoping :earsboy:

Newbie here. :wave2: While I've been to Disney before I've always used Mears. We're going again this January and I'm a little concerned about using the ME since our plane gets in around 8:30 PM. I really don't want luggage delivered at midnight, but that would be better than not at all. Has anyone used ME with a late arriving flight?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter