• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical Express??????

salvatorejrm

Mouseketeer
Has anyone used the magical express to get back and forth from the airport? If so how does it work and was it worth it? Or would I be better off using FL Tours? Thanks for any help..

For us magical express was great.
the send you lugage tags and actually take your luggage to your hotel room
I assume you are staying on property.
you go to the ME counter at MCO (cant remember where that is)
and catch your bus there. We used in back in May and my freind just used it in oct everything when smooth. We will use for our trip in dec too.

it worked great for us in May...

go to terminal A 1st floor... you will see the Disney folks on the second floor to help direct you. You must have a reservation pre-made with them now.... Call member services and they can set it up for you....

We are using it on the way back from the airport in December... got a car for a few days to get groceries and run around....

:cool1:

Is there a number to call to arrange DME? I have set a friend up on a II exchange for DVC SSR and would like to point them in the right direction for this.

Thanks!

Your friend just needs to call the regular Member Services phone number. The II confirmation should provide the Disney reservation number, so just give that - Member Services will look up the reservation and help make all the arrangements.

It is very easy - no different from regular DVC reservations using points.

What happens using DME on a NON-affiliated airlines??? :confused3

I have a mobility challenged person coming with me and I am curious if WE needed to go to baggage claim or not?? :goodvibes

How about on the way back??:confused3

We are coming in on a non-affiliated airline in December. We were told there is no problem with incoming flights. You just need to have the luggage tags on your luggage and they will be delivered to your resort. You will go to Terminal A, 1st floor and they will direct you to the buses. However, on the return flight you will need to take your luggage to the airport with you instead of the resort getting the luggage to the airport. I would suggest still calling MS to double check this, but that is what we were told to do.

How long would it take your luggage to arrive to your room if you flight gets in after 10pm? Can you pick your luggage up at baggage claim and take it yourself to the bus so that it goes with you?

In OCT we used ME took a little longer than the town cars, but saved $100 by using it. I'll do it again. :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

senecabeach said:
What happens using DME on a NON-affiliated airlines??? :confused3

I have a mobility challenged person coming with me and I am curious if WE needed to go to baggage claim or not?? :goodvibes

How about on the way back??:confused3
As mentioned earlier (and I now speak from experience) non-affiliated airlines are fine on the inbound leg. Just slap those DME tags on the bags and they will appear in your room after check-in. On the return leg, you will just need to take your checked baggae to the bus and have them stow it underneath (for affilliated airlines you can check it and get boarding passes at the resort).

As for the mobility challenged, we travel with our wheelchair bound 8 yr old DS. The buses should all be equipped with wheelchair lifts by now. Other mobility impairments are even less troublesome. I guess the only concern would be for the return trip if flying a non-affilliated carrier; the bus will drop you and your luggage off down on level 1, and you airline check-in will be up on level 3. You will simply need to schlep your bags up to the elevator and then over to the counter - or better yet, call over a Skycap and get him/her to schlep them for you (and then give them a nice tip, of course).

We just (and I do mean just) got back from Disney, and ME worked wonderfully for getting to the resort, but our ride back to the airport didn't show up this morning.

We were supposed to be picked up at 10:20 from BW...got to the bus pickup area at 10:15. When the bus hadn't arrived by 10:35, I went to the valet and had him call. They said they would send a shuttle to take us directly to the airport. The shuttle arrived at about 10:55, and by that time there were two couples who were scheduled for 10:50 who caught a ride on "our" van since that bus hadn't shown either. I don't think this is typical at all (we took ME once before with no problem), but I think we would've been in danger of missing our flight if I'd just assumed the 10:50 would show and we could take that. As we left, I think the valet was calling to see if there was a major problem and make sure the 11:20 would be there as planned.

Our problem might have been that we were dropped off at BCV when we came in, and even though we got our confirmation letter under our door in our BWV room, perhaps the pickup schedule for the drivers didn't get changed correctly. When we transferred to our BWV room we stopped at the concierge desk and I asked them to call ME to confirm that our pickup was NOT where we were dropped off, and they did that...all this is just to say nothing runs like clockwork all the time, so I think you can trust ME to do a good job, but don't wait too long to follow up if they seem to have missed you. My DH says it was a sign that we should've just stayed a few more days....we were obviously meant to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter