MagicBand new color availibity

Not being snarky, but what are you doing to your MBs? I still have my first one from the trial run and it's in perfect condition. I have many and none of them are falling apart. I even put my old ones on my purse strap (current one has been on since October) and it still looks new...

Almost all of mine are whitish and chalky, and they start going that way during each trip.

I don’t use aerosol sunscreens. I rarely swim wearing the bands. After each trip they are put on a bag and o to my owners locker, which is kept in a climate control warehouse on Florida.

I bought a millennial pink one to use for my Sept trip (offsite) as I have not been able to locate my purple original one

Mine get chalky too which I always assumed was from sunscreen residue. I take the band off to put it on but I assume the chemicals just discolor the band over a week’s stay

Sunscreen maybe?
Possibly but no aerosol sunscreen used - just lotion or stick. Like others have mentioned, mine first turned a white chalky/powder then downhill from there. My trips are on the longer side (more than a week) once a year so maybe the initial combo of UV damage & some sunscreen over a week plus daily abuse then being stored for years? Hard to tell.

We probably have over 100 MBs (all free resort trip MBs) and not one has degraded. DS uses them as decor - out in his bedroom - so I see them daily. Maybe that's it: they aren't inside a bag or box - they are out in the air, so sunscreen etc. can dissipate? IDK.
(FWIW The ones we actually wore on trips: we never take them off, go for up to 3 weeks straight, swim daily, shower daily+, spray sunscreen 2x/day, August heat/humidity (for the trip), our house is very cold in winter (Boston) and they all look same as new.)

I’m wondering if the chalkiness isn’t some body chemistry issue, because that happens ONLY to my BIL’s magic bands. We will come home from a trip and his is chalky and starting to degrade, and everyone else’s is fine. He’s only been on a couple trips, but it’s happened every time.

I have a long chain of MBs on a coat rack, I have them dating back to when they were first introduced. All of mine are fine, none of the plastic has degraded. The very old ones, from when they were thicker, are kinda stiff.

I also have a couple special edition and custom bands, they’ve held up well, BUT the printing on them sometimes gets tacky after they get wet, so I avoid wearing them in pools and such.

Mine get chalky too and I don't use sunscreen

I have about 30 or so bands.....any ideas on something creative to do with them. I can't bring myself to just throw them away.

I wouldn't pay for any plain color band. The free ones are good enough for me. Purple started out being for purchase and then went to a choice, so maybe others will too

any ideas on something creative to do with them
I've heard that some will decorate a small Christmas tree with linked band garlands & others use to decorate wreaths. A lot of people link into chains & hang in a corner of their hobby room or home office.

Is there a limit to how many MagicBands you can have in your MDE account before it starts to create technical issues?

They say there’s a limit. I haven’t yet hit it. Others hit it at 3 bands.

It’s all glitches or we’d all have the same problems at the same number of bands. Wait until you have a glitch to change things if you wish. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter