• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MAJOR Change of Plans - Anybody Sailed Radiance Since the Refurb?

ronandannette

I gave myself this tag and I "Like" myself too!
Our two week, big 20th Anniversary trip to Europe in September including an NCL Med cruise has now morphed into a 7 day Alaska cruise on ROTS in August ( :o don't ask). Alaska isn't exactly a dream trip for us since we see plenty of mountains, wild life, ice and snow on a regular basis at home. :cold: We've sailed RCCL lots before but never this class of ship - it's pretty devoid of bells and whistles. Since the shipboard experience will be a really important part of our enjoyment this time, please let me know anything you can about it. A couple of specific questions: Do the cabins now have flat-screen tv's? The website pictures show the old 13" tube units. Also, does the spa have a hydrotherapy pool of any kind and aromatherapy steam chambers? Love those.

TIA :sail:

Our two week, big 20th Anniversary trip to Europe in September including an NCL Med cruise has now morphed into a 7 day Alaska cruise on ROTS in August ( :o don't ask). Alaska isn't exactly a dream trip for us since we see plenty of mountains, wild life, ice and snow on a regular basis at home. :cold: We've sailed RCCL lots before but never this class of ship - it's pretty devoid of bells and whistles. Since the shipboard experience will be a really important part of our enjoyment this time, please let me know anything you can about it. A couple of specific questions: Do the cabins now have flat-screen tv's? The website pictures show the old 13" tube units. Also, does the spa have a hydrotherapy pool of any kind and aromatherapy steam chambers? Love those.

I sailed Brilliance last year, which is in the same class, and we had a flat-screen in the room. I'm guessing Radiance will have them now since she's had a refurb.

ETA from CC:
Other additions from the 2011 refurb included a new nursery for kids ages six months to 36 months (also an Oasis-class staple), 12 new cabins, interactive flat-screen TV systems in all accommodations, as well as the installation of touch-screen "wayfinders" (again, Oasis) throughout the ship to make it easier to find out what's going on where, and how best to get there.

I'll be on the Radiance (and RCCL) for the first time on the Southbound 7/31 cruise. Everything I've heard about this class is that they were built specifically with all the glass with Alaska in mind because Alaska cruises are really more about the destination than the ship. I've always heard that's part of why the cruiselines don't typically put their most "bells and whistles" ships there - because people who cruise to Alaska are cruising for Alaska rather than the ship.

We are going on the Northbound 8/7 cruise. I can't wait! There are many trip reports on cruise critic along with the cruise compass. The nightly entertainment seems lacking but I'm sure we will have a great time.

We are going on the Northbound 8/7 cruise. I can't wait! There are many trip reports on cruise critic along with the cruise compass. The nightly entertainment seems lacking but I'm sure we will have a great time.
I haven't actually been able to find anything recent - if you could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

I haven't actually been able to find anything recent - if you could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

On the top of their RCCL board, there are links to each of the ships. Click on Radiance, and you can find some from this season already.

I sailed Brilliance last year, which is in the same class, and we had a flat-screen in the room. I'm guessing Radiance will have them now since she's had a refurb.
We sailed on the Radiance in April 2014 and she had flat screen TV's then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter