Major Rumor Marvel in ToT update page 25

Time for a riot, fellow Mousketeers!

Besides that fact that ToT is one of the 5 best attractions at WDW, and that an old hotel has nothing to do with GotG whatsoever, it's stupidly easy to drop the Twilight Zone affiliation and still keep 99% of the spirit of the attraction.

And... wow... I mean, how much can the licensing fee be for the ancient Twilight Zone?

While I'm sure this was partially in jest, that is part of the reason Spirit posted it. Do fans actually care enough about things like this to speak out, or is it just all, "Yay! Marvel, Yay! Disney, this is the best news evah!" Because the executives think this sort of thing is a great idea.

While I'm sure this was partially in jest, that is part of the reason Spirit posted it. Do fans actually care enough about things like this to speak out, or is it just all, "Yay! Marvel, Yay! Disney, this is the best news evah!" Because the executives think this sort of thing is a great idea.
:thumbsup2

Jump The Shark will become Theme The Tower if they do this. Its a bad idea. Research Kings Island Tomb Raider ride if you want to see what happens when you take a ride and remove the theme that makes it good.

I get they want something for California... but to do this in Orlando? And particularly with Guardians of the Galaxy when the PERFECT ride to retheme is next door. As much as people love RnRC... a Guardians of the Galaxy theme to that ride would actually probably make it better.

Of course, the other option if it is about the money is to just take off the theme and call it Crazy Hotel Elevator and take away the whole backstory and pre-show stage and then you save money and its the same ride (oh wait... Kings Island Tomb Raider..)

I wouldn't be surprised if this idea got tossed around but I'd be pretty shocked if it came to pass. Spirit has a pretty nice record but he also likes to stir the pot from time to time.

It seems way more likely RnRc would get the makeover considering it doesn't really fit the immersive film land concept. I'm having a hard time picturing how ToT could be GotG themed unless they go with the spaceship drop at the end.

They've done so many things in the past few years that have upset me or made me sad. But if they take away ToT from me, my absolute favorite ride, for a stinking comic book movie retheming I might actually become one of those people who claims they are done with Disney. This literally makes my blood boil thinking about it.

It just doesn't make any sense. There's nothing to fix in Tower of Terror, especially when you have the Great Cardboard Experience right next door. If they really don't want to keep paying royalties for using the brand, I insist that the easiest and cheapest way to fix it is by replicating the storyline from Tokyo's ToT and that's it. Now, in Disneyland's case it makes more sense in a certain way. If the rumors are true, Marvel land is coming to the patch of land right behind ToT, so it would just fit in there. But still, that sounds just as bad as the idea of re-theming Splash Mountain to a newer property.

This is one of the most ridiculous rumors I've ever heard. This cannot happen! I love ToT and I would be absolutely devastated if they ever replaced or demolished it. I'm so over Disney at the moment.

I personally love Marvel and think it has great staying power since it has been around for so long and is going strong but this is just wrong. The Tower of Terror has great theming and actually fits in with that little bit of old Hollywood that still exists in DHS. Plus I don't believe that the Twilight Zone is too old because it's a classic that every generation can appreciate.

Now the Rock and Roller Coaster could use a change so hopefully Spirit just has his address slightly wrong. Even though a Marvel Coaster would be just as out of place as the current ride.

Spirit suggested something to do with The Collector.
I could maybe see that a little more considering it would tie in to the whole infinity war saga coming up in the avengers. If they're going to grab a unused character though I'd expect something like warlock.

It could work but it just doesn't seem like it follows the new theme unless they retheme that whole area including RnRc.

Last edited:
You know, if anybody else had suggested that rumor, they'd have been laughed right off the board.

I find it hard to be!ieve they'd close ANOTHER attraction at DHS ( and a headliner at that) before the 2 new lands open. But then again they've done a lot of things recently that I think are boneheaded.

Spirit gets way too much credit. His track record is maybe 50%, which is admittedly good for a rumor guy, but his track record on long term info IMO pretty poor.

Uhm... I don't know. They probably are working on a Marvel expansion for DCA. They already moved the characters over there, so it just seems like the next obvious step.

They ARE working on a Marvel expansion at DCA, and it's already said to be behind ToT. Probably where this rumor came from.

Here, here

Another wet fish across the snout of longtime fans.

Just pointless...

You of all people should know better than to get worked up over a rumor like this.

I wouldn't be surprised if this idea got tossed around but I'd be pretty shocked if it came to pass. Spirit has a pretty nice record but he also likes to stir the pot from time to time.

Exactly. Probably being talked about somewhere.

It just doesn't make any sense. There's nothing to fix in Tower of Terror..

You got it. First off, the IP for Tower of Terror has to be very minimal. It's probably better advertisement for the Twilight Zone than anything. Second, why would Disney spend boatloads of money to retheme an already popular ride. Has this EVER been done? Third, as others have pointed out, the likelihood of them agreeing to close something else in DHS right now is almost nil.

I give this one a 4 out of 5 moldy cheeseburgers on the stink-o-meter. Maybe a 10% chance of it happening in DCA. A 1% chance in DHS.

By the way, have any of you ridden the one at DCA. It isn't nearly as good as DHS version. The elevator just stays in the single shaft. Plus no random drops, so its the same every time.

Disney can surely afford the licensing fee. They have for 20 or more years. It's just that Disney would rather not have to pay for anything.

Not to mention that references to Twilight Zone could easily be removed and it wouldn't really hurting the quality of the ride.

Spirit gets way too much credit. His track record is maybe 50%, which is admittedly good for a rumor guy, but his track record on long term info IMO pretty poor.
I'll agree I think he gets too much credit and is treated like a god over on wdwmagic but he is often very right. He's the only one to shed light on the doings in China, he got Disney springs right, he got frozen in Norway right. We will just have to see if his latest doings become true which I obviously hope not.

You got it. First off, the IP for Tower of Terror has to be very minimal. It's probably better advertisement for the Twilight Zone than anything. Second, why would Disney spend boatloads of money to retheme an already popular ride. Has this EVER been done? Third, as others have pointed out, the likelihood of them agreeing to close something else in DHS right now is almost nil.

I give this one a 4 out of 5 moldy cheeseburgers on the stink-o-meter. Maybe a 10% chance of it happening in DCA. A 1% chance in DHS.

By the way, have any of you ridden the one at DCA. It isn't nearly as good as DHS version. The elevator just stays in the single shaft. Plus no random drops, so its the same every time.
Rethemes, frozen in maelstrom, nemo in the seas, stitch in alien encounter. I don't know if I'm forgetting any but frozen probably cost the most out of those at around 75 million.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter