Makahiki write up

teslascar

Mouseketeer
Hey there fellow DVC members. I have been a member with Disboards for a while now, but never actually posted here in the DVC part of the forums. Have always posted in the Tokyo Disney section. Just wanted to let you guys know that we took our virgin DVC trip to Aulani in February of this year. I LOVE AULANI!! I wrote a little report on Makahiki's Character Breakfast. I hope that you guys will enjoy the read. Cheers.

http://konnichiwamickey.wordpress.c...avorites-aulani-makahiki-character-breakfast/

Hey there fellow DVC members. I have been a member with Disboards for a while now, but never actually posted here in the DVC part of the forums. Have always posted in the Tokyo Disney section. Just wanted to let you guys know that we took our virgin DVC trip to Aulani in February of this year. I LOVE AULANI!! I wrote a little report on Makahiki's Character Breakfast. I hope that you guys will enjoy the read. Cheers.

http://konnichiwamickey.wordpress.c...avorites-aulani-makahiki-character-breakfast/

Heeyyyy! What are you doing over here on the DVC boards ;) Great write up... like always. We had a blast at Makahiki's aw well. Aulani was so relaxing after Japan!! Your daughter is so cute it looks like she had lots of fun!
Keep up the good work! I really enjoy your blog.

luvs2cruise: Thank you so much!!! I`m glad that you enjoyed the report and thanks for the compliments on lil Mahina.

Amyren: Hahahah. Hello Amyren!!! It`s good to see you at this side of town!!! haha. Thanks for the compliments. Really appreciate it. How was your trip to Aulani? Did you find any good grub?

Thank you for your review. First DVC trip to Aulani, and I'm sure it wont be your last! Trip 3 for us next year, that place quickly finds its way into your heart :goodvibes

Hey there Meemoo. Trip number 3? Wow!!! We will only be able to travel to Aulani again either end of 2015 or early 2016. Wife is due to give birth in two months!!! Gonna be great. Can't wait to introduce him to Aulani.

Have you tried dining in AMA AMA? We didn't the last time. Would love to know more about it.

I've enjoyed reading your blog updates. Looks like little Mahina sure did enjoy herself at Aulani, as well as you and your dw. Congrats on your soon to be baby boy!

Hey there Meemoo. Trip number 3? Wow!!! We will only be able to travel to Aulani again either end of 2015 or early 2016. Wife is due to give birth in two months!!! Gonna be great. Can't wait to introduce him to Aulani.

Have you tried dining in AMA AMA? We didn't the last time. Would love to know more about it.

My holiday ticker isn't accurate, our trip will be the end of 2015 also, to tie in with Disneyland's 60th Anniversary. We did try Ama Ama, but only for lunch. We had it twice and it was very nice, lunch is very reasonably priced too. The Fish Tacos are very good!

Nice review of Aulani's buffet restaurant, Makahiki. Your daughter is adorable. Thanks for popping in here on the DVC boards.

luvs2cruise: Thank you so much. I am glad that you enjoyed reading the blog. We are in love with Aulani. Can`t wait to head back there. All 4 of us!!! Thanks for those kind words.

Meemoo: Lunch and Fish Taco it is!!! Thanks for the recommendation. Who knows? We might bump into one another at the end of 2015!!!

DenLo: Thanks for having me here. I`m glad you enjoyed the review and thanks for those kind words. We are really new DVC members and I am sure that we can learn a lot from a lot of veterans here. Can`t wait to travel the World of Disney.

Oh Teslascar, you got some great shots of Mahina with the characters. What wonderful memories all of you will have!! It's so nice that the character interactions aren't so rushed at Aulani like they are at the parks.

Hey again Luvs2cruise. Thanks for the comment. Yeah the interaction with the characters were "real". Not rushed at all. By the way, have you done a Disney Cruise before? Have always wanted to experience one. Just curious from your handle.

We have done 3 Disney cruises. The first one was a 3 night on the Wonder and the other 2 were 7 nights on the Fantasy. I would highly recommend a Disney cruise. My kids are much older than Mahina so I can't really give you any advice from that perspective but we truly enjoy the cruises. Everything from the ship, the entertainment, character interactions, the private island, the food...I could go on and on. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Ohhhh. I really really wanna go on a Disney Cruise.I`ll probably go on one when Mahina turns 5 or 6. What activities do your kids enjoy doing and how`s the food? WHat kind of food do they serve up?

There are so many food options. Where to start? The main dining rooms have several appetizer, main entrees, and dessert choices each night. The great thing is that you aren't limited to only one of each. If you see several items you'd like to try, just order them. The servers are so happy to accommodate your requests. During the day, you can eat in one of the dining rooms that are open for breakfast or lunch or you can go to the buffet. The buffet has everything you could ever imagine from salads to seafood, beef, chicken, etc. So many choices. The ice cream machine on deck is so nice.

My kids are teens and they really enjoy eating. One of their favorite things to do was order room service. We would go to dinner each night in the main dining room, go to the show, go to the various clubs and then go back to our room late that night and order room service. So, so many food options. I would always order a Mickey bar! :mickeybar

Oh my!!! When I go for my first Disney Cruise, I am definitely going to pig out!!! Room service sounds really good. Is that included in the price of the cruise too or do we have to pay extra?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter