making a sticker not sticky?

MomOf2DisneyKids

<font color=9966ff>Scrapbook mommy<br><font color=
I know there's a way (probably more than 1 way!) ... but don't know what it is! Can anyone help?:flower3:

Do you mean totally not sticky, or just mostly not sticky? Stick it on a tee shirt a few times and the lint will unsticky it mostly.. That's what I always do when I need something not too sticky :D

I want to use a sticker on a layout, but I want a pic to be able to slip under part of it. (does that make sense?)

I've never tried it, but you can put a little bit of baby powder on the sticky part. Like I said, I've never done this so I'm not sure how effective or messy it would be.

thanks, Michelle... the stickers are ok/safe to use after having powder on them?
thanks again!

I'm not sure how to un-sticky a sticker, but I think in this case I would figure out how I wanted everything to look first, then stick the sticker directly to the part of the photo you want under the sticker, then put the photo + sticker into the layout. The sticker will help hold the photo in place that way too. :)
JMHO! :flower3:

Well, how about sticking it to a sheet of paper and then cutting the sticker out? This way it won't be stuck to your pic if it's something that you might not want on there later.

Well, how about sticking it to a sheet of paper and then cutting the sticker out? This way it won't be stuck to your pic if it's something that you might not want on there later.

That's exactly what I was going to suggest :) I've done that before, stuck the sticker onto photo safe paper, cut out the sticker, then placed it on part of the photo. You can adhere the part of the sticker that's not on the photo to your lay-out and then there's nothing actually stuck to your photo - I hope that makes sense!

I have used baby powder and it works perfectly. Just sprinkle it or even put it on your finger and rub it on the section of sticker you want unsticky...Corn starch also works and it doesn't smell like baby powder, but I use the baby powder because it is in my office and the corn starch is in the kitchen all the way downstairs... :rolleyes1

If you can get some scrappers solution (from UN-DO) that will work too. But the easiest route is to put it on a piece of paper and cut it out.

i have "old" pics of me that my mother used tape on the backs of to stick in those horrid albums. will the corn starch be ok on pics themselves to get the sticky off? it's the backs that are sticky. and if i have some sticky on the fronts what would be good for that?

For photos themselves, you'll need to get a product (such as UnDo) that is meant for removing sticky stuff without harming the photo. The powder would just stick to the sticky stuff... Making it not sticky, but the powder would still be there. :) HTH

I have done this for swap items I made that I was Jolee's for that overhang onto the mat.
I cut the clear backing that it was on and put the plastic part on the mat. Then put down the sticker. The sticker sticks to the non photo part of the mat to stay where I want it and then the user can just take off the plastic after fixing the photo.

Wow, if they would just make a tool to help motivate, I'd be all set.

Have you used it? I wonder how messy it is.

i have used the baby powder thing also. i keep it in an old film canister with a small paintbrush with it. i have seen that trick on carol duvall show. she did the powder then put a pop dot on the back of the sticker. i thought it was a cool idea and tried it and it worked great! just make sure you dust off all the powder before you put it on your page.

I actually used baby powder for that last swap I did. It always works for me. I keep it in a little container on my desk.
I learned it at a crop about four years ago.
Cindy

Baby Powder works great. The tool - not so much. The powder get's chunked up by the brush and stops coming out. The film canister & paint brush idea seems like one's best bet on a crop.

See, I would end up spilling the film canister. What about one of those mineral makeup containers, you know the ones for the powder that has the holes in it.
That I might not knock over. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter