Malaea's PJ&TR: Randy Chapman Pics/Video Blog Online; Disney Videography

Wow!
Those looks really good... mla1977 was right, could we come to your wedding? :rotfl:
So do you have to talk to the chef separately to have these items for tasting beforehand? I'm curious because I'm thinking of asking for items which are not on the samples menu but I didn't know if that was allowed or how to go about it...

From my experience the Floridian will do just about anything so hopefully the other locations will too. They actually offered to roast the pig on a spit to make it as traditional as possible!! My planner, Celeste, said to prep a menu and they will accomodate it for the tasting; which they did. My first menu/tasting sheet did not have pork and chicken was a backup option. They prepped a few different options and we tasted them tweaked some flavors and got rid of some options altogether. Beucase we have made a few big changes to the original menu we are going to a 2nd tasting.

I would say be prepared to hunt around the internet and cookboooks for the recipies you want. I am sure the chefs can recommend something but in the end it is what you and your DF want and sending Disney a suggested menu will help to narrow the focus of the meal and create a theme. This allowed the chef to pull from the menu I sent and create some ideas himself. So create a menu and your planner will send it to the chef and let you know if they can or cannot do anything.

Hope this makes sense.

sorry I am somewhat slacking on my PJ.
We have scheduled a second planning session with a smaller food tasting for Feb. 15th. Our menu still needs some tweaking but I have complete confidence in the GF's kitchen.

My DF and I hope to get some rest while we are there as well. We are simply exhausted which is attributed to the fact that we are both workaholics. Wedding planning has only added to my lack of sleep. :sad1: Since it happens to be right around Valentines Day I have booked us reservations at Narcoossees. Should be good. We never go out to fancy places anymore. we are both dieting and are living off of baked chicken, veggies and whole grain rice. FUN!!! Alrighty Im done complaining. Im just tired.

Just wanted to let everyone know a second planning session is perfectly fine to do and Celeste, my planner, has been more than accomodating.:cheer2:

I dont think that I have mentioned that I am also planning a 30th b-day suprise party for my DF. His b-day is the day after our wedding and he thinks we are just going to ignore it. Instead I have reserved Shipwreck Beach at the Yacht & Beach Club Resort for a couple hours the night before our wedding.

I have chosen a casual appetizer and wine beer menu but an unsure about decor. Does anyone know if decor (balloons, floral, etc) is necessary for this site?:confused3

Celeste said that citronella candles, tables, and chairs were already included.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! So my invites are driving me crazy. I started the invite process a month and a half ago and it started out great. We are having Paper Affair in Atlanta do them. They were great at first but slowly things became drawn out.

Mostly Carlson Craft (the printer) is incapable of understanding basic English. Out invites are pocket invites and have a few pieces to them. I organized all the wording for each piece --making it idiot proof but of course they got it wrong the first 2 times. them came the frustrating part. we finally get all the text correct but for some reason the reception card is a smaller font them everything else. It looks silly and like it doesnt go with the invite. We have requested they change the font size 5 times and with each "new" proof the font is the same. :scared:

Paper Affair hasnt been much help either. they have like 20 different college kids working there and you dont work with one person the whole time. It changes everytime you call. So when I call have to walk the new person through the last month and a half. :sad2:

This isnt as bad as it could get but at this point I feel like canceling the whole order and ordering from a different store. :headache:

Here are the invites that we want. The envelope/paper color would be chocolate; the titles will be in hot pink and the main text in black.

NN9948OLlr.gif

We are using the font from this invite. Its a little more formal.

FNN9936GDlr.gif

Here is the bridemaids dress we went with.
It is a Jenny Yoo and the shoulders are ties so you can djust them to whatever tightness you want. Its great for the large busted ladies. Also the tie in the back can be tied in the front or draped like a shawl. Its a very versitile dress.

It will be in chocolate. Jenny Yoo calls it nutmeg.

Jenny Yoo Site: http://www.jennyyoo.com/taffeta-04.html#
Martine-short20071128172233.jpg

Martine-short-back.jpg

Here is my ring :goodvibes

My DF reset his grandmothers ring into this Tacori setting. I love it!

RingCombo.jpg

Here is the stock picture. This is not my wedding band. The band is actually like the band on the engagement rint and matches it perfectly. Its tiny and looks like Im not wearing one almost.

Tacori.jpg

Love your invites... I think we have a very similar invites...
I'm making them myself because I'm cheap... LOL!!!!
But I love the colors... :)

I love your dress! And your ring!

And your menu sounds really cool. Can't wait to hear more!

Sorry to hear about your invite stress Maria. Mine were a pain too, but I decided to make them myself (not the greatest idea!). Your ring is gorgeous!! Very elegant!

So sorry to hear about the invite stress. Is there a supervisor there that you can speak with to try to get the whole process back on track? Someone there needs to step up and get it right for you.

All of your choices are beautiful - dresses, colors, etc. And the food sounds delicious! Have fun on your next planning session.

There is a disbride - I think Sunshine - that I believe had her welcome party on Shipwreck Beach that you were asking about (I know it was a beach just not sure if it was the same one). Anyhow, she would probably have info on decor there if it is the same place. I know she had pictures of her party posted in her TR, which I think has had recent posts...so if she doesn't see this, you may be able to find it.

Good luck & happy planning!

Sorry to hear about your invite stress Maria. Mine were a pain too, but I decided to make them myself (not the greatest idea!). Your ring is gorgeous!! Very elegant!

Yea, I considered making them myself too, but our printer is terrible and I doubt they would have come out nice. We will be getting a new printer so we can do the programs though.

Thanks! I love my ring:lovestruc

So sorry to hear about the invite stress. Is there a supervisor there that you can speak with to try to get the whole process back on track? Someone there needs to step up and get it right for you.

All of your choices are beautiful - dresses, colors, etc. And the food sounds delicious! Have fun on your next planning session.

There is a disbride - I think Sunshine - that I believe had her welcome party on Shipwreck Beach that you were asking about (I know it was a beach just not sure if it was the same one). Anyhow, she would probably have info on decor there if it is the same place. I know she had pictures of her party posted in her TR, which I think has had recent posts...so if she doesn't see this, you may be able to find it.

Good luck & happy planning!

After I made my post, the store ownered called me to say that she was taking over the project and to deal only with her from here on out. Since then things have been coming together. They do not plan on carrying Carlson Craft after my order is complete. Apparently they have had a numberof issues with them for the past year and this was the last straw.

I will let you know what happens.

Thanks for the tip. Im going to hunt down Sunshine:surfweb:

Love your invites... I think we have a very similar invites...
I'm making them myself because I'm cheap... LOL!!!!
But I love the colors... :)

Thanks! I really wanted to make them myself but when I went online to order the paper, they still would have been aobut the same price. Im print a lot unfortunately. :confused3

Ok, so I had essentially a phone meeting with Celeste, my planner, this afternoon. A great use of work time:rolleyes1

I went through my entire event with her and she made me feel so much better. The detailed BEO is really detailed. I went through every line. She was SO patient and I am grateful for that.

Sooooo, Linda sent me an update of my hotel block/bookings and I was pratically out of rooms. I went from 18 nights booked to 81 booked in 1 month :scared: Thankfully I was able to add some rooms:banana:

I went through the rooms and every person in the bridal party have booked their room except 1 reader. That was relieving to know. In short everyone that needs to be there will be and everyone else, well...that is fewer people to feed in my opinion.

i used carlson craft for my invitations as well and had issues with them. i'm just glad i ordered so many extra because many arrived damaged etc. i'm glad you got the invitations worked out, i had stress with mine as well. i think every bride does at some point!

i used carlson craft for my invitations as well and had issues with them. i'm just glad i ordered so many extra because many arrived damaged etc. i'm glad you got the invitations worked out, i had stress with mine as well. i think every bride does at some point!

Yea, so annoying. I cant believe yours canme damaged. I have raised such a fit Im getting a discount so I can really complain anymore. Its just annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter