Malignant ascities?

andersonsc

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any experience with malignant ascites? My friends husband started with a dx of colon cancer last fall. He then developed tumors in his liver. Now he has ascites and they drained the fluid from his abdomen and it came back with cancer cells in it. She says the doctor called it Malignant ascites but did not really give them info. She has read that his prognosis is now weeks to months instead of the years they thought they had. She wants me to tell her it's not as bad as she has read but I have no experience with this diagnosis. Any info is appreciated.

I am so sorry, I honestly know nothing about it.. I can't imagine what they are going through right now.. I will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers, and perhaps someone else has some knowledge..

So sorry for your friend. I don't know much about this but I'm afraid you probably can't give her the reassurance that she wants. But you sound like a great friend and I know you will be there for her.

Thanks for the kind words. I had lunch with her today for about 3 hours. She is staying strong and doing better than I expected with the prognosis. There are some things they can try but, being realistic, he probably won't live more then a couple of months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter