Malware on this site?

Exactly! I have used Firefox with AdBlock Plus and a different adblocker on my Android phone: uBlock Origin, on both my laptop and on my phone, respectively.

I NEVER get pop ups, malware warnings, see weird ads, etc., in all these years here.

I DO see one of these threads here on the DIS about twice a month. TWICE A MONTH. E.V.E.R.Y Month. :sad2:

Get with the program, people.
It's more fun to ***** about the Dis and their bad ad management. And before you say "it's not their fault", other websites (even message boards) don't have the same problem.

I have Adblock+ on my computer, but I still get pop up warnings from my antivirus program pretty regularly since this all started a few weeks back.

It's more fun to ***** about the Dis and their bad ad management. And before you say "it's not their fault", other websites (even message boards) don't have the same problem.
Correct. Throughout all of this, that has not happened on any other website.

Thankfully it seems to be much better right now, although hasn't stopped happening.

I have an adblocker and never got any popups on this site, until about a month(?) ago when the Norton antivirus whole window popup started. That thing was (is?) somehow strong enough to make it through. (Freaked me out. Thought I had malware). There was a thread about it on the tech support board, it was chalked up to a "rogue Google ad" but honestly I don't know if it was ever really resolved because I just started turning off JavaScript when I come to this site and too afraid to turn it back on.

I only access this site from my PC and have one of those 'adblock' products installed. Never had any issues here. I never use this site on my phone since I don't need to access it when away from home. I also find most websites aren't properly formatted for phone viewing and the word-wrap is messed up or the position of various buttons seem out of place.

I've notice the pop-ups for a day or two every other month or so. This is the only site I have noticed this issue on. A bunch of us on one of the WISH threads were encountering it at the same time about a month back.
If I actually claimed all those "free phones" the pop-ups said I won I'd be up to my eyeballs in iphones :sad2:

May I ask here about Messenger in FB Chat Forum? Is it secure?

Last edited:

Get this one on almost every thread.

View attachment 851630

I haven't used AVG in a good decade, not since THEY turned into ADware THEMSELVES. It was hilariously ironic, the anti-virus that is supposed to keep other adware, malware, and viruses out, turns into an adware, purposely doing their own pop-ups, advertising how well they are working, and also trying to sell you their premium plans or advanced add-ons (for a price.) :lmao:

I haven't used AVG in a good decade, not since THEY turned into ADware THEMSELVES. It was hilariously ironic, the anti-virus that is supposed to keep other adware, malware, and viruses out, turns into an adware, purposely doing their own pop-ups, advertising how well they are working, and also trying to sell you their premium plans or advanced add-ons (for a price.) :lmao:

They are one of the highest rated anti-virus software out there and are owned by the same company as Norton. They both use the same engine.

They are one of the highest rated anti-virus software out there and are owned by the same company as Norton. They both use the same engine.

The PAID version is good. But their free version is just adware, trying to get one to pay for the paid version. :headache: :rolleyes: :badpc:

The PAID version is good. But their free version is just adware, trying to get one to pay for the paid version. :headache: :rolleyes: :badpc:

Paid version is what I use. The free version is still one of the highest rated, it uses the same engine. You do get frequent pushes to upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter