Mam, Can we go now? PTR & TR (Post #28) DONE AND DUSTED

kizzabel

Eating poisonous apples since '86
And so onto the next PTR!
I had decided I wanted to bring my DS, James to DLP before he starts big school in September and so decided to bring him for his birthday in January. As always my cousin and best friend Elaine is joining us. So heres our PTR:::

When
Monday 21st January 2013 : Dublin
Tuesday 22nd - Friday 25th January 2013 : Disneyla:worship:nd Paris

Where
Hotel New York - so excited. Myself and DH loved it in May and I'm thrilled to be staying a decent lenght this time!

The Cast

James - The birthday boy and his mammys little chicken. Turns four on the Thursday. Loves Ratatouille, Toy Story and Monster Inc. Wants to meet Mickey Mouse, Pluto, Buzz, Woody and Sully.

collagej_zps1b08d7ab.jpg

Elaine - my cousin and as DH calls her, my partner in crime. Apprehensively wants to finally conquer her fears and do Parachutes! Loves Beauty and the Beast and likes a nice fish and chips in Toad Hall.

Me - Kizzy - also debating doing Parachutes! I love Mary Poppins and Monsters Inc. Looking forward to making James' birthday super awesome (his favourite saying!)

collageek_zps01a8203b.jpg

Elaine is on the left, Im on the right.

The Plan
We are leaving for Dublin on Monday about 11am and staying in a lovely hotel near the airport and just across from a lovely shopping centre so the plan is to get the last few bits for the suitcases and have a nice dinner in TGI Fridays and then get to bed early for an early flight Tuesday.

On Tuesday we fly to CDG and should be at the HNY before 11am. :banana:
We plan on doing BTM if James is up to it and that will be our gauge with his tolerance for the thrill rides and generally spend the day in DLP.

Wednesday will be a Studios day and we hope to meet Buzz and Woody or some more of James' favourites and maybe get a swim in at HNY. And we are going to watch Dreams that night.

Thursday is completely in the hands of the birthday boy so its whatever he wants! So lunch is at Res Des Stars as he is a Ratatouille nut!

Friday will be a redoing of the favourites day before we head home on a late flight back to Dublin for around 11pm where we are staying the night so we are well rested for our journey home.

The Meal Plans

Monday:
Dinner: TGI Fridays

Tuesday:
Lunch: EoS
Dinner: McDonalds

Wednesday:
Lunch: Cafe en Coulisse / Cafe des Cascadeurs / Blockbuster Cafe
Dinner: The Chuckwagon Cafe @ The Cheyenne Hotel

Thursday:
Lunch: Bella Notte or the Last Chance Saloon
Dinner: Cafe Mickey

Friday:
Lunch: Restaurant des Stars
Dinner: take out sandwiches so maybe EoS or the New York Sandwich Bar.

I've also gotten James some colours and a Cars colouring book to keep him occupied on the plane.

I don't have a huge amount to get before we go, just the usual toiletries and we are fairly set. James has his little Toy Story trolley case at the end of his bed ready to go. Going to pack over the next few night and attach our luggage tag and the stroller tag for his stroller and then we are good to go!

And that's our plans!

Only 2 weeks until we arrive in DLP :banana::banana:

reading your PTR is getting me even more excited for our trip for little man's birthday :) can't wait to read your TR!!
xxx

TY Jacobsmama. When are you off and how old will Jacob be?

Cant find the camera charger as yet again another thing for the suitcase decides to play hide and go seek.

we're going on 14th feb for 4 nights, Jacob is turning 1 while we're there :D:D:D i have managed to get him a bit obsessed with mickey mouse :) everytime he sees a picture of him he points like crazy going 'there' 'there' until someone says yeah mickey mouse and sings the mickey mouse club song lol

xxx

Sounds like you are all set - Hope you have a fabulous time - can't wait to hear all about it and see the photos!

Thanks Jo. Pretty sorted now. Just did my little notebook planner and I have to buy socks and shampoo/conditioner and we will be ready to pack :yay:
Its almost SDD day :woohoo:

Eeek this night next week we'll be trying to fight the excitement and get to sleep :D

I dream of going to DLP almost every night and those are stressfull dreams! And weird

6 sleeps :yay: Going to dust off Jimmys buggy today and I have the last few bits in the washing machine. Soooo excited.

Oh no Isila, does it wake you with fright. I bet its because your anxious that your trip goes well and the boys have a great time. xx

I dream of missing the flight, going on wrong dates, not packing etc. And those dreams are weird.Not all so real. sometimes I get I am dreaming.
I know it's because I think of our trip so much lately. I should stop or I'll go nuts.
I'll wait for your TR when you get back. And a review on your meals.

Oh god Isila that you must wake up in a panic.
Got the SHC offer for 25% off at the Manhattan via email last.night so we might eat there our 1st night now if its really cold and we cant face the walk to the Cheyenne! The menu sounds so good!

that's great :thumbsup2 one more nice little bit. wonder why I never get anything like this? :confused3:lmao:
Oh, you must be going crazy - it's almost trip time :cool1:

Are you in the SHC? If you are maybe check in the personal space bit, maybe they dont have your correct email address.

I am so worried about the weather and Jimmy being warm enough :/ It doesnt look like it will effect us as regards travel but Im terrified he'll be frozen. I have full thermals for him so I just hope he'll be ok.

Need to get organised and do the 20 little bits that I've put off. 3 sleeps until Dublin and 4 until DLP :yay: :banana:

And when yoy get back I'll waitng for your TR.

What is SHC?

Shareholders club! Thats who I had an email from to say theres 25% off at the Manhattan until mid February if you have shares and a valid shareholders card.

no, I don't have that. I thought of getting AP, but it doesn't really pay off.

Not when theres such good package deals. SHC are gone too expensive now and my card expires in May so this will be its last ever use :sad:

All set now. Hairs been dyed. Clothes checked and repacked. Documents printed (bar boarding cards as Im not paying €5 pp per seat each way for the luxury of having a boarding card - hopefully we'll get seats together!). Camera is on to charge. Attached Jimmys lovely Stitch buggy tag and his Rex suitcase tag. Cars been cleaned, hoovered and serviced. Tomorrow Im not doing a tap!!
2 sleeps :banana:

Yay yay yay! I hope you have a good and problem free trip!

So one ikkle sleep to go and Ive packed extra uggs in preparation for the snow plus some extra super thick fleecy hoodies for James.
I just hope we get there! The rest we will deal with as it happens. We know it will be very cold but at least it wont take us by surprise. So we have decided to stop worrying and enjoy it as best we can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter