• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

mama's and ddp....can you substitute?

suedisney

Mouseketeer
my girls won't eat field green salads, but love caesar. I noticed Mama's has both, but it;s the field green they serve on the DDP. Since both are the same price on the reg. menu, do you think we may be able to substitute? :surfweb:

On the DDP you can order any appetizer from the menu. :confused3

Or are you talking about the Fantasmic package? If so, don't know the answer but it shouln't be any different for someone on the DDP than not.

We love Mama Melrose. :love: Ask for Kevin or Dori who are great servers!

I am one who never eats field green salads - I'm an iceberg lettuce girl all the way. Last year at Mama's I decided to try the salad and it was amazingly good. I don't know if it was the dressing or what - but I just about licked the bowl! :blush: I'm not sure if they will allow the substitution - but it can't hurt to ask. :)

The first time we got the mixed greens salad with the FDP, while we really liked the dressing and cheese, we just couldnt eat that grassy weedy stuff they call "lettuce". :crazy2: The next time we did it we asked if we could substitute the Caesar and they let us. As with everything I would guess it depends on who you talk to, but that was our experience. We will try again in 2 months. :goodvibes

If you go on the Fantasmic package you can only get the field greens--at least that was our experience in Jan. I have food allergies and even with that they wouldn't substitute--said I was still getting an app with the flatbread anyway. If you are on the dining plan and just have a regular resrevation you can get any app on the menu. FWIW we all strongly disliked MM. The salad and flatbreads had lots of gorgonzola cheese on them which my kids hated. The kids servings of pasta were tiny. It's the only place at WDW we all said we wouldn't go back to and we are not picky in the least.

Yvonne

I would think if you ask really nicely to your waiter that they would allow substitutions for food allergies, even on the FDP. I've never had a problem with substitutions.

Mama Melrose has always been my favorite meal for me, and has always treated us well. Their veal is HEAVEN, the service was great, the atmosphere was awesome each time we've been there. Kevin was our waiter last time we were there, and he spoiled us with free dessert. I can't wait until our upcoming trip...it's our most anticipated relaxing meal that we look forward too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter