Mara for a quick dinner

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
Last Saturday we wanted a quick bite before heading to PI for the Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse. I read on the Dis recently that Mara sells Zebra Domes. :moped: :banana:
Mara was not busy, but service was not the speediest. We were not in a hurry, so that was not really an issue.
They had several baskets set up filled with snack items and had signage those items were for Snack Credits. I thought that was nice and easy for DDP guests. The downside was everything in the baskets were being mauled by every kid in line. And no one bought any that I saw. The packages on the top were all kid handled, squeezed, tossed, played with, etc.
DH ate the African House Salad and said more than a few times how good it was. It looked like a regular salad to me, but with some chicken and sunflower seeds in a vinaigrette dressing. DH said it had a lot of cut up chicken in the salad and that it was not sunflower seeds, and the dressing was not a vinaigrette. He could not describe it. He said it was different than he ever had eaten and really liked it. He did not know what everything was in the salad, but kept saying how good it was. I think the salad really hit the spot for him.
I had the Smoked Turkey Melt, and not a lot you can do to that! But -- they do serve some sort of spread on the side. It was sweet, but I can't say what was in it. Cranberries? Raspberries? Guava? Some sort of fruit spread and that made the sandwich. It was yummy, but mostly because of the spread.
Best of all -- Zebra Domes! :love:
In one container was 5 small desserts. Three were Zebra Domes and two chocolate truffle type desserts. And I think they cost only $3.69 or something like that for all five. I call that a good price for such yummy desserts. :smooth:
They did not accept the DDE.
I plan to check out the salad DH next time. :teeth:

We also enjoyed Mara. We were there two nights ago. The food is of good quality and very very similar to what you would eat in Boma. Yes for the desserts- so delish!

It was also never crowded- they handle crowds really well. They also made it very easy for dining planners to choose snacks and figure out what counts as what.

The dining area was also beautiful, however we always took our food to go. We could not get enough out of our stunning views and didn't want to waste time. ;) Welcom home, fellow lodger.

Thanks for the review, I'll have to remember that salad if we ever stay at AKL again, it sounds yummy. :sunny:

We also love the Mara! Can't wait to get back there in December (as well as Boma & Jiko). I wish the DDE was accepted there as well, that would be the only think I could think of that would improve the experience!

We are looking soo faward to trying it in a few weeks!! Thanks for the review!

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter