Welp. @croach turned out to be (slightly) prophetic.

It looks like I'll be back for Marathon Weekend in 2019, though I'm unsure of what races I'll do. Definitely not doing Dopey again, so don't any of y'all even bother trying to talk me in to that. Three times is enough for this night owl!

Yay!! I will now be mentally singing (rapping?) "guess who's back...BACK AGAIN" all day. Thanks! :D

It looks like I'll be back for Marathon Weekend in 2019, though I'm unsure of what races I'll do. Definitely not doing Dopey again, so don't any of y'all even bother trying to talk me in to that. Three times is enough for this night owl!

You get a marathon!

Everyone is coming back which now makes me want to come back...

These first world problem choices are so hard!
...and you get a marathon!

I WILL!!!!!!!!!!

and you also get beer!!!

you-get-a-marathon-and-you-get-a-marathon-everyone-gets-marathons.jpg

@LSUlakes :rotfl2:

Too funny!!

And I was just talking to my wife about how I want to go back for Marathon Weekend next year . . .

It's a sign!!

OFF TOPIC: I recently added a certain April race to the OP of the running thread for you. Just wanted to say congrats if I havent already and best of luck! I will be rooting for you from Animal Kingdom. When you get your bib#, and of course if you would like to share, I would like to be able to follow your progress on the app.

OK, Back to everyone getting a marathon!!!!!! Yall all have to run so I can get a chance to meet yall, and someone with a better plan than me needs to organize a pre-race meet up. My attempt is 2016 did not go well at all and I was alone. I under estimated how large the pre-race area was. lol

I’d like to brag about how I told you so but I mean was it that big of a stretch.

Also, I told you so.

OFF TOPIC: I recently added a certain April race to the OP of the running thread for you. Just wanted to say congrats if I havent already and best of luck! I will be rooting for you from Animal Kingdom. When you get your bib#, and of course if you would like to share, I would like to be able to follow your progress on the app.

OK, Back to everyone getting a marathon!!!!!! Yall all have to run so I can get a chance to meet yall, and someone with a better plan than me needs to organize a pre-race meet up. My attempt is 2016 did not go well at all and I was alone. I under estimated how large the pre-race area was. lol

Thanks! I'm excited to go back this year because I'm running with my youngest brother, which will make it special. I'm going to have the same goals as last year (have fun and finish), but I'll be happy to share my bib number when I get it. Can't wait to run Boston with my brother and then come down to WDW the very next weekend for Dark Side with my oldest daughter and brother-in-law! It's all about the medals (and running with family)! :teeth:

Thanks! I'm excited to go back this year because I'm running with my youngest brother, which will make it special. I'm going to have the same goals as last year (have fun and finish), but I'll be happy to share my bib number when I get it. Can't wait to run Boston with my brother and then come down to WDW the very next weekend for Dark Side with my oldest daughter and brother-in-law! It's all about the medals (and running with family)! :teeth:

I will be at WDW for part of the Dark Side weekend. We check out on 4/21. Maybe I will see you at the parks. We will be at Pop that week.

@LikelyLynae now we HAVE to do the marathon again next year! :)

Everyone is coming back which now makes me want to come back...

These first world problem choices are so hard!

After 3 WDW marathons in a row, I was already starting to feel like I was missing something by not planning for next year's, especially after this year's debacle. You guys are not helping me get past that feeling! I may be in, especially if this @#$#@ leg prevents me from running Chicago. It won't be Dopey, though, most likely Goofy or "just" the marathon!

FYI - if you've wanted to stay at Boardwalk or Poly for Marathon Weekend, my DVC rental guy said today that there are spots at both resorts for Marathon Weekend. He's a great rental person. PM me if you want details!

After 3 WDW marathons in a row, I was already starting to feel like I was missing something by not planning for next year's, especially after this year's debacle. You guys are not helping me get past that feeling! I may be in, especially if this @#$#@ leg prevents me from running Chicago. It won't be Dopey, though, most likely Goofy or "just" the marathon!

Well, we really want to go but I think we are in "wait and see" mode and will register way late in the year if there are still spots available. It won't be Dopey for me either, marathon only or marathon plus 10k or 5k. FOMO is no joke!!

Well, we really want to go but I think we are in "wait and see" mode and will register way late in the year if there are still spots available. It won't be Dopey for me either, marathon only or marathon plus 10k or 5k. FOMO is no joke!!
FOMO is definitely no joke.

FOMO is definitely no joke.

I know! I'd hate missing out on seeing me TOO!!! :rotfl2:

The great thing about "just" doing the marathon is not having to register early.
Most times I register in early December.
Last year I registered October 28th.
It sold out November 3rd, and I knew, being the 25th Anniversary it wouldn't wait until December.

BTW, the website said register by October 3rd to get your name on the bib and proof of time.
I had both even though I was nearly four weeks late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter