There are only 3 corrals for the 5k. Looks like half and full are A-H for corrals.

That actually raises a question. Usually the 5/10 for Dopey has one letter assigned. Is the furthest Dopey going to be in C for both legs? Or are we going back to printing two letters on it like you see for the 10k/half challenge?

I checked the guide and it doesn’t say for the record.

Thank you all for the awesome pic suggestions!

Unrelated...I saw that there is now a full review of the Snow White character meal at WL. And I remember some of you making ADRs to get your Dopey pics. It actually looks like a ton of food but really good.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/...snow-white-in-disney-worlds-wilderness-lodge/

I’ve seen several good reviews! Excited for our 1/12 reservation!

I haven’t stopped for characters in previous runDisney races, but would this year if I come across the right one without a huge line. I don’t have any must-see characters, so it will probably be whatever strikes my fancy at the moment!

Ok - question time for all you experts!

Am I correct that corrals for the 10k aren’t known until you get your bib?

Are there plans to do a pre-10k meet-up at all? I’ve done my previous races solo, but would love to meet up this time!

Anyone want to make a prediction as to whether 5k bibs will be available at the expo? Maybe I should pack and extra running outfit just in case....

So ... they're using 3 different venues for the expo. HP Field House, Visa Athletic Center, and the Arena.
Of those three, the only one I've been in before is the field house, so this is gonna be a fun new experience for me.

We are getting more time in DHS!
So for Studios, we go down past Star Tours now on the one map that you can select/unselect races but the other map with the close up doesn't have that? I'm so confused.

For Magic Kingdom it looks like we go through the buses/main entrance like this year again, I loved that new way, but it's hard to tell???

And leaving DAK looks different, no going by the entrance/bus area then I guess?!

Last edited:
They have the Water Park discount again in the Virtual Goodie Bag - But will it be warm enough to want to go to Blizzard.

DISNEY WATER PARKS
VALID FROM 01/09/2019 - 01/16/2019

Discover our splash-tastic water park, Disney's Blizzard Beach! From serene to extreme, there's an experience for everyone at this distinctive destination—overflowing with thrill rides, chill rides, relaxing lounge areas, wave pools and much more.

• 50% discount on 1-Day Disney Water Park Ticket with Blockout Dates
    • Discounted Adult Price: $30 pre-tax, $31.95 post-tax
    • Discounted Child Price (ages 3-9): $27 pre-tax, $28.76 post-tax

• On-Sale: 1/9/2019 - 1/16/2019

• Available for Purchase at the following locations: Disney Springs Guest Relations, Blizzard Beach Box Office

READ THE FINE PRINT
Ticket valid only on date of purchase.

runDisney participants can purchase up to 4 total tickets. Please present your race credentials/bib to receive the discount.

The tickets listed provide 1-day admission.

Water parks are subject to rehabilitation, seasonal and weather closures.

So for Studios, we go down past Star Tours now on the one map that you can select/unselect races but the other map with the close up doesn't have that? I'm so confused.

For Magic Kingdom it looks like we go through the buses/main entrance like this year again, I loved that new way, but it's hard to tell???

And leaving DAK looks different, no going by the entrance/bus area then I guess?!

Thanks to the poster who added the link!

I agree that a few spots look different but as I zoom in a few of the lines follow the old routes but are just off the mark a little. The area around AK entrance and busses appears to be one of those areas. Also checked the entrance to MK parking for changes with the construction being almost done. The line appears to be the same but is off to the side of the road a little if you zoom in. Probably not one of their better artist drawing the map this year!

Doesn’t look like there are any big changes. Interesting that it looks like even less Epcot than normal for the half. I’m guessing they are trying to keep the half marathon impact on Epcot day guests even lower than the minimal impact the course had previously. Oh well, that’s always been the worst course anyway.

The Expo lists an Animation Academy at 4:30 PM on Wednesday. We should be at the Expo around then and wondering if that's new or if someone has done it before. We miss the Animation Academy at DHS and I wondered if this does something race themed. That would make an awesome souvenir.

I’ve seen several good reviews! Excited for our 1/12 reservation!

I haven’t stopped for characters in previous runDisney races, but would this year if I come across the right one without a huge line. I don’t have any must-see characters, so it will probably be whatever strikes my fancy at the moment!

Ok - question time for all you experts!

Am I correct that corrals for the 10k aren’t known until you get your bib?

Are there plans to do a pre-10k meet-up at all? I’ve done my previous races solo, but would love to meet up this time!

Anyone want to make a prediction as to whether 5k bibs will be available at the expo? Maybe I should pack and extra running outfit just in case....

You are correct that you won't know your 10k or 5k corrals until picking up bibs at the expo. Most people on here are good at helping you guess where you may be. They got it right for me and my husband before each of our prior shorter races.
As of this morning when I went to look at cheer squad prices I didn't see the 5k available anymore (on the rundisney site, I'm sure TA's still have bibs.) 10k and up were still showing.

So ... they're using 3 different venues for the expo. HP Field House, Visa Athletic Center, and the Arena.
Of those three, the only one I've been in before is the field house, so this is gonna be a fun new experience for me.

I don't like the three locations thing. It means I have to go to all three for my bib, shirt, and merch. The saving grace is I'm going Friday afternoon and I hope that means minimal lines. Not super obsessed with any merch outside my free shirt so we shall see. (Me saying that will directly result in them having the best merch of all time, so you guys can thank me in advance for reverse jinxing this.)

I am super happy that running through the entrance of MK is part of the half route. I like the new running past Imagination pavillion area at the end of it. Looking at the full course vs the half...yeah there's a bit of FOMO...BUT right around mile 10 I'll be glad to be heading towards epcot for the big finish :)

I'm running the half, but I really really really love the 10k course. My favorite parts of the marathon were running around the Boardwalk and around World Showcase. A race that does just that?! How did I not know this before?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter