Just started thinking about maybe registering for Marathon Weekend next month. Let's check in on that thread...
1) SIXTY-SIX pages and registration hasn't happened yet??!??!!
2) @Keels WHAT is that in your avatar pic? I didn't even notice you were in the pic too for a moment.

It’s the Rick Vaughn/Wild Thing Hot Dog the Cleveland Indians have as a racing mascot!

So Sunday's question......can I just say that I am oblivious when I run, so most of the wonderful sights and sounds are totally lost on me! (Which could make one wonder why I have bothered running at Disney!) I just generally enjoy the "people don't get to walk through here" locations--like the toll booths at MK, or any backstage area.

I will say that my favorite volunteer location was backstage behind Splash Mountain. It was (still is) a water stop. It was so cool to be behind the scenes. I stashed my volunteer kit in an out-of-commission ride vehicle.

SAFD: I actually really love the highway sections of the long races. I know, I'm odd lol! My favorite part of running long distance is getting into a groove, zoning out mentally and finding "flow" - and I can't do that in the parks. I love going into the parks, but I'm also always happy to get back out on the road!

SAFD: I am just going to steal this answer: :)

Yes! 2015 Wine and Dine was my first RunDisney experience, and even though the race was cut short that year, I will forever be glad I was able to run it and that we still got that part of the course. Knowing it was the last year of the Osborne Lights and the last year of the night race will always make it special, even if there was that aspect of disappointment and letdown.

Anyone who registered early with a rundisney package know the race prices? Not that it matters but curious what stuff will be, my patience for registration does not exist when I haven't seen the sun much in weeks, mother nature is so drunk with the weather.

Anyone who registered early with a rundisney package know the race prices? Not that it matters but curious what stuff will be, my patience for registration does not exist when I haven't seen the sun much in weeks, mother nature is so drunk with the weather.

My Agency has them priced as follows:

Dopey - $575
Goofy - $375
Marathon - $178
Half - $188
10K - $125
5K - $85

This is an all-inclusive number, so Active fees are included.

Is it normal to feel slightly nauseated every time you think about registering for your 1st marathon?? But excited at the same time? So many emotions!

So ... I officially put registration on my work calendar today. Does that mean I can't chicken out?

I’m just going to answer both of these with YUP!

That's some celebrity selfie!

I walked in to the stadium and saw all three of the hot dogs and it immediately became my life's goal to get a selfie with him. This is all three of them - for those of you who are familiar with "Major League":

hot dog.jpg

Yup. I just decided to conquer Dopey and it's been a whirlwind of excitement and what the heck am I thinking????

Exciting!! That's how I was with my first Dopey ... I went from "#NOPE" to "I MUST DO THIS LIKE RIGHT NOW" in the span of a couple of days, and when I finally settled on my decision, I was SUPER excited.

SAFD: Running down Main St. is a definite highlight. But for the marathon, I enjoyed running by the Epcot resorts the most. All of the crowd support gave me a huge boost, and at that point I realized not only was I going to finish the race, but I was going to finish with a smile on my face!

Last edited:
My Agency has them priced as follows:

Dopey - $575
Goofy - $375
Marathon - $178
Half - $188
10K - $125
5K - $85

This is an all-inclusive number, so Active fees are included.
The half is more than the full? Is that always?

SAFD: I love running down Main Street when I'm still full of vim, vigor and coffee. And rested. By the time I hit ESPN, the pain begins. Yea, the choir is nice, but it hurts there. And, the Showcase is cool, but I'm dyin'. My Favorite part is the finish line. The pain is over, at least until I sit down and try to get up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter