Marathon Weekend 2022

Picked up my HM bib today (404xx) and I'm in s1 which sort of surprised me. I had a 0:53:51 10k which is just barely fast enough for the new POT cutoffs. Sounds like some of the Dopeys did get dinged a bit with faster POT in s2.

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade :
https://*****.com/2022/01/photos-ru...most-merchandise-begins-to-sell-expo-signage/
Shockingly, I actually saw someone buy one of those today. They might be selling the actual merchandise racks come Saturday if anyone ever wanted one.

Edit: I don’t know why that’s starred out. Have a good race tomorrow 10kers.
They also did that at MW 2020. I know because DW surprised me with a Goofy sign she bought on Saturday while I was napping. Also $50. Cost us almost that much to ship it home. We were going on the Castaway Challenge cruise Monday so it had to be shipped. Used the business office at the Boardwalk.

I am a mess this weekend. I haven’t even had dinner yet let alone get my stuff ready for tomorrow. Looks like a brutal wake up call for me!

So I am contemplating doing a half with my wife later on this year. It seems corral assignments are very fickle and capricious. Are there any hacks to getting the same one (we’re going to be a slow couple)

Omg so I wanted the jumbo marathon weekend pin but obviously didn’t get it because I flew in this morning. Just checked eBay… $180! Wild. Does anyone know the original price?

Just left the club runDisney early shopping. No hats. I got the last medium zip sweatshirt. There are a handful of smalls left.
Thanks so much! Saved me a trip back. Such a bummer about lack of merch.

So sorry to all of you guys having flight problems! I’ll be crossing fingers for you all!

Picked up my HM bib today (404xx) and I'm in s1 which sort of surprised me. I had a 0:53:51 10k which is just barely fast enough for the new POT cutoffs. Sounds like some of the Dopeys did get dinged a bit with faster POT in s2.

The HM and the M/Goofy/Dopey follow two different sets of POT standards. And since the Goofy/Dopey runners receive equal starting groups between the HM and M (which is assigned based on the M), then that makes it seem like there is some sort of dinging. But it's not quite what is happening. If dinging were to truly occur for Goofy/Dopey runners, then in theory it should be for the M placement more than the HM placement.

I don't have a ton of HM bib data, but it appears s1 is POT. Whereas for the M, it appears they split the POT into s1 and s2.

A. I ended up getting placed in S6. It is weird because my DH got S5 for the half and we had the same times and I registered way earlier than home.

Are you in s6 for the Goofy and him in s5 for the HM?

So I am contemplating doing a half with my wife later on this year. It seems corral assignments are very fickle and capricious. Are there any hacks to getting the same one (we’re going to be a slow couple)

If you choose the same estimate finish time for the HM, then 99% of the time you will end up in the same starting group. In the event you don't, then you can always move backwards in starting group to ensure you start together.

Great first day! Mostly walked the 5K with family. And this was out of SG6. Nice to do this with the Fam but so hard to wait through the last gate and then just walk, get Andy run ahead and run back. Still too finish with wife and both daughters, just awesome! Plus as extra bonus we finished at 6:59 and as we were getting our medals my wife said hey it’s 7, going to try for a virtual spot for Remy and we got it! Really good day!

Side note, my daughter is running the Half with me on Saturday. For her regeneration and mine I put us in the first non POT option for her Half and for my Dopey and she ended up with SG2 and I am SG3? No big deal, but I thought that weird.

Good luck to all tomorrow!

For her regeneration and mine I put us in the first non POT option for her Half and for my Dopey and she ended up with SG2 and I am SG3?

It's because s2 for the HM is the first non-POT (2:00-2:15). Whereas for the M, they split the POT into s1 and s2. Thus, the first non-POT for the M is s3 (4:00-4:30). Thus, you got s3 for the HM as well because of this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter