Marathon Weekend 2022

What's the usual turnaround time for an email to RunDisney? I emailed on January 6 and haven't heard anything back yet.

What's the usual turnaround time for an email to RunDisney? I emailed on January 6 and haven't heard anything back yet.
My wife's 5K shirt had a hole in it and she emailed them Jan. 5 or 6 and hasn't heard back yet either. I told her to follow up again as their staff may have been preoccupied during Marathon Weekend and may have missed correspondence during that time. I'm not sure if she has followed up yet, but I know she still hasn't heard back.

My wife's 5K shirt had a hole in it and she emailed them Jan. 5 or 6 and hasn't heard back yet either. I told her to follow up again as their staff may have been preoccupied during Marathon Weekend and may have missed correspondence during that time. I'm not sure if she has followed up yet, but I know she still hasn't heard back.
I emailed them on January 15 regarding the marathon medal having paint chipping on the edge and have not heard yet....I am sure they are busy but I hope they do respond
about these problems. I also will follow up with them

From FB group reports it looks like 2-ish weeks is the going rate right now. And reports that they are still operating with not-full staff. I wouldn't be surprised if they're still making their way through all of the panic emails about waivers.

Did my first post-Dopey, post-Covid run today. On the treadmill, womp womp, but felt great! I’ve been nervous about exercising after having Covid but everything seems to be functioning as it should. I am lucky I had a very mild case and my husband, who joined me after the marathon, did not get it. Nor did my kids. Hope everyone else in the same boat as me has recovered quickly!

Was very sad to discover there is a hole in the seam of my RunDis spirit jersey. I wore it for a couple hours for pictures and that’s it. This is the third shirt from Disney I’ve had develop a hole (or maybe came with a hole) after one wear in the past few months. Very frustrating and all times the item is sold out and can’t be replaced.

Was very sad to discover there is a hole in the seam of my RunDis spirit jersey. I wore it for a couple hours for pictures and that’s it. This is the third shirt from Disney I’ve had develop a hole (or maybe came with a hole) after one wear in the past few months. Very frustrating and all times the item is sold out and can’t be replaced.

If it's a split right at the seam, like along it, that's a very easy fix for a tailor or a friend with a sewing machine.

Did my first post-Dopey, post-Covid run today. On the treadmill, womp womp, but felt great! I’ve been nervous about exercising after having Covid but everything seems to be functioning as it should. I am lucky I had a very mild case and my husband, who joined me after the marathon, did not get it. Nor did my kids. Hope everyone else in the same boat as me has recovered quickly!

My wife has given up on Run Disney shirts. She has a handful of non-race shirts and hoodies that all developed holes, splits, and zipper problems. For the price, it's insane that the use such cheap materials.

We haven't had any major problems with our race shirts (knock on wood), but we will never purchase another article of clothing from Run Disney.

My wife has given up on Run Disney shirts. She has a handful of non-race shirts and hoodies that all developed holes, splits, and zipper problems. For the price, it's insane that the use such cheap materials.

We haven't had any major problems with our race shirts (knock on wood), but we will never purchase another article of clothing from Run Disney.

I’ve always had great luck with the “free” race shirts but have found the same thing with purchasable merchandise. It has always varied wildly in quality and fit.

The nice thing is the crazy lines and sellouts don’t affect me because I’ve stopped buying race weekend merch.

I don't have any holes but I noticed that the image on the 2018 W&D shirts are staring to fade. I have probably worn and washed them a maximum of 5 times because I don't wear long sleeve tech shirts much. By contrast I have race shirts from 2006 that I have worn and washed way more that still look pretty new. The mouse needs to work on quality of materials.

I don't have any holes but I noticed that the image on the 2018 W&D shirts are staring to fade. I have probably worn and washed them a maximum of 5 times because I don't wear long sleeve tech shirts much. By contrast I have race shirts from 2006 that I have worn and washed way more that still look pretty new. The mouse needs to work on quality of materials.

Agree on the older shirts... I still adore the 2012/2013 marathon shirt material

It just occurred to me… There has not been a finisher jacket on the shopDisney site for pre-sale. I know there was one in 2020. And I ordered one for princess in 2018 but didn’t like the one for princess in 2020.

Was there a finisher jacket at the expo that I missed? Or are they not doing that anymore?

It just occurred to me… There has not been a finisher jacket on the shopDisney site for pre-sale. I know there was one in 2020. And I ordered one for princess in 2018 but didn’t like the one for princess in 2020.

Was there a finisher jacket at the expo that I missed? Or are they not doing that anymore?

I preordered a finisher jacket for Marathon Weekend this year. They have been cutting off preorders really early (speculation is supply chain issues and timelines). Interestingly, this is the first preorder I've done where the jacket was the same one for sale at the expo.

I preordered a finisher jacket for Marathon Weekend this year. They have been cutting off preorders really early (speculation is supply chain issues and timelines). Interestingly, this is the first preorder I've done where the jacket was the same one for sale at the expo.

that was the weekend jacket, not the finisher jacket. In 2018 and 2020 they released a jacket on the shop Disney site for preorder that said “finisher” on it for each race and challenge. It wasn’t available until after the weekend was over.

If it's a split right at the seam, like along it, that's a very easy fix for a tailor or a friend with a sewing machine.
Unfortunately, it is along side it. Like not part of the stitching. The fabric has a hole just above the spirit jersey tag near the bottom. 😩

I don't know what it's going to take for me to stop buying Disney merchandise. I should be over it, but I just can't help myself. I even switched my flights to get there on Tuesday so I could get to the expo for open. And it's not just limited to RunDisney. Other shirts from shopdisney, shirts and toys from on site. Just burning money over here!

There had been some earlier discussion about the marathon distance vs what some of us actually ran. If you are interested, I did some number crunching and put the details up on the new thread on the main rD page.
YMMV (literally)

I really wanted a Dopey mug, but none were to be had at the expo. Soooo, a vinyl sticker from Etsy and a mug from Target and for $7 I have a Dopey mug. Plus a second sticker that will be used to make a car magnet.View attachment 642359

I like that sticker. I may look to grab a couple. I think it may make a cool luggage bag tag by putting it on some type of rubber material. Also a cool fridge magnet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter