Marathon Weekend 2023

I have a SW flight for Wednesday. I noticed today I have the red banner saying I can change my flight, it wasn't there a few days ago. Advice please, should I go ahead and change my flight? I read where others had this banner and they thought it was due to all the issues SW was having. I have been tracking flights out of my airport and all seem ok except today SW did cancel one non-stop flight. My flight is also a non-stop flight. In the past whenever there were changes to my flights SW would rebook me on another flight and I would be notified by email.

Are the start groups actually divided within each corral by some physical entry point, or is it just the honor system to be part of the wave you are assigned?
Each corral/start group is fenced in. There is one entry point that is guarded by staff/volunteers who will check your bib to make sure you are in the right corral.

Most of your questions have been answered, but wanted to clarify that you can move BACK to any corral/start group behind you that you wish, but you can't move FORWARD to a corral/start group ahead of you. This comes into play if you're running with someone in a different corral/start group. The one assigned to the most forward one has to drop back in order to run together -- the slower runner can not move up.

I thought I understand, but the more I read, the more confused I get. Are A, B, C, etc. gone completely and replaced by S1, S2, etc or are there S groups within each letter?
Thanks, I'm finally starting to get it. And there are waves within each start group? If so, how are those physically divided within the start group?

As others have said, rD has used the terms "corral" and "starting group" and designations of numbers and letters somewhat interchangeably the last several races. But regardless of the terminology, they function the same way. Whether it's Corral B or Start Group 2, that's still the second group to start after the adaptive racers. Those corrals or groups are what are fenced off with controlled access. The waves in each one are nearly continuous and create anywhere from roughly 30 to 60 seconds of buffer to just spread out the larger group. Once the corral/start group is staged, you'll pretty much continually shuffle toward the start with brief pauses every minute or two.

As my flight keeps getting pushed back, I must remind myself that it is all okay... I am disappointed because I should have been landing in a few minutes and heading to Raglan Road for vegan's shepherd pie and Ghirardelli's for a vegan sundae with my best friend... but alas.

In case anyone is wondering, I googled it and Mercury is in retrograde. Explains everything.

As my flight keeps getting pushed back, I must remind myself that it is all okay... I am disappointed because I should have been landing in a few minutes and heading to Raglan Road for vegan's shepherd pie and Ghirardelli's for a vegan sundae with my best friend... but alas.

In case anyone is wondering, I googled it and Mercury is in retrograde. Explains everything.

Super disappointing to miss out on those plans, but the important thing is that you're there by 8am on Wednesday. You've still got PLENTY of time for that!

Update: I now have expo passes for both the 10K and full. The full can only be found by logging in on my iPhone - does not show in any way on my iPad.

I am befuddled. But whatever: I’ve got screenshots of both now lol!

My stepdad never got his expo pass for the W&D 5K, but they had an area you could go and get your bib number to check in. The line was somewhat long but moved fast. If all else fails, look for that line.

I am doing only the marathon and my bib number on my Expo pass is showing up as just two digits. I had a 1:33 HM proof of time. Will there be leading digits before my two-digit number that just don't appear on the check-in pass?
Ohh nice, u just have a low number bib.. u may be in an earlier start coral. The marathon only bibs looks like they started with us first so 1 to 7,000 numbers are marathon only bibs.

Random thought. Since Dopey shirt pickup is on its own level this year does that mean we only get one shirt this year vs 6 like usual?

EDIT: runDisney website says we get 6. Ignore me. :)

Ohh nice, u just have a low number bib.. u may be in an earlier start coral. The marathon only bibs looks like they started with us first so 1 to 7,000 numbers are marathon only bibs.
Yes, I should be in corral A/S1. That's where I've started in the past when doing Dopey. My Dopey bib last year was 201XX. Good to know Marathon bibs start at 1. I'm happy to be a double-digit number, then!

Sorry you’re stuck trying to get down here!

FYI - Salt and Straw has a vegan collection this month. I tried the Freckled Mint Chip yesterday (classic flavor but also vegan) and it was amazing. High praise from someone who isn’t vegan!

ETA: https://saltandstraw.com/pages/flavors

23xxx for Dopey. 4:31-5:00 estimated finish. Last year I was 24xxx and in s3. Hoping for the same this year.

Edit: I take that back. I was s4 last year.

Last edited:
I have a SW flight for Wednesday. I noticed today I have the red banner saying I can change my flight, it wasn't there a few days ago. Advice please, should I go ahead and change my flight? I read where others had this banner and they thought it was due to all the issues SW was having. I have been tracking flights out of my airport and all seem ok except today SW did cancel one non-stop flight. My flight is also a non-stop flight. In the past whenever there were changes to my flights SW would rebook me on another flight and I would be notified by email.
I‘m on SW tomorrow afternoon and have had that banner since they had their meltdown. I would guess they just extended the dates that people can change. Of course with weather coming to the central US who knows. I’m just hoping for the best and will track my plane from now until it’s headed toward my airport tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter