Marathon Weekend 2023

That happened to me at the half! I was so annoyed. I try to pay attention and make sure I have space around me when an important shot is coming up. But then some f*@&er whose instagram shot is more important than my sweaty castle shot jumps in front of me!
Amen. But as I was finding my Mike W shot to share, I noticed from looking at my photos that I may or may not have done the same to a person or two by accident...

That said, I deliberately tried to position myself for a clean shot coming out of the castle and *still* had a nitwit block the shot. Just dang.

Yeah it soo sucks... part of me wants to email garmin to be like can u merge it into one please... this is what it looks like... but I know I did it and have offical time for it.
I was about to mention you can merge them yourself but @jpeterson beat me to it:
You can merge them together by exporting them and using a gpx merge tool and reimporting them. I've had mixed results with that.

There are online tools that are pretty easy to use. I've used them to combine trail runs and also create two loop courses.

Garmin may not give you the badge based on a manually uploaded file but at least you'll see the 26.2 as one activity.

I’m a casual runner, historically my running/fitness ebbs and flows a lot, I let work/family/weather take priority, I’m quick to make excuses to skip, etc.
Thanks everyone for all the feedback! This pretty much sums me up! I’m debating between the Half (done one before), DL 10K with DH or going all in for dopey. Sorta leaning towards Half. But…. We have a late break next year so it makes Dopey possible. I teach first grade so the thought of doing 3-5 days of sub plans for Dopey isn’t ideal. But next year I’d only maybe need one day. Maybe two to do DATW. But realistically a half is probably more in my wheel house- fitness and time wise. I have a bit to decide! I’ll keep lurking and the FOMO may push me into an unwise decision 🤣

Reading this sub has me convinced I want to do Dopey next year, but honestly if I were to do MW next year it might be the 10k + marathon (thinking 2023 W&D might be in the cards though)! As a west coaster, 2024 DL was on my radar, but not sure if I can do it on MLK weekend.

Currently enjoying DHS and planning to do a hop to Epcot for my Guardians ILL (also contemplating trying to get over to MK for a castle medal pic) before leaving back to MCO for my flight this evening 😂

Hope everyone had a great weekend and has safe travels back!

Hi Everyone!! Yesterday was my fourth Disney marathon but my first without doing a half the day before. So my goal was to run it for real and try to qualify for Boston. It was a stretch to begin with and with the humidity, I should have adjusted my pace but figured I would give it a shot.

I was pacing great around 8:07/mile until I hit AK where water stops and food stops made it hard for me to get back to that pace and by time I hit the mile 19 marker my legs just gave out and I had to stop and walk. I did the last 7 miles walking and running at my slow long run race pace and finished at 3:46:15 which was a new marathon PR but only 1 minute 12 seconds faster than last year where I ran Dopey and "took it easy".

I am glad I gave it a shot but wow was I sore after the race and extremely sore today - way worse than I was last year doing 4 races. Interesting.

That is a whole lot of words I do not understand but I am happy to hear there is a way!! I am going to have my tech husband look at what u said to try!! I may have my marathon garmin badge yet!!
Lol Strava didn't give me a best marathon badge either for some reason I don't understand and I just emailed them about it because I want my digital kudos 😂

All this talk of the DL races is giving me serious FOMO. :)

I’ve wanted to get the coast to coast medal for years but the 2024 DL Half Marathon weekend is impossible for me next year as I’m at a conference that starts that weekend. Anyone hear of any rumors of another race at DL in 24? If they do announce one before Marathon weekend Registration opens in April I could likely squeeze in the half marathon between some other commitments.

All this talk of the DL races is giving me serious FOMO. :)

I’ve wanted to get the coast to coast medal for years but the 2024 DL Half Marathon weekend is impossible for me next year as I’m at a conference that starts that weekend. Anyone hear of any rumors of another race at DL in 24? If they do announce one before Marathon weekend Registration opens in April I could likely squeeze in the half marathon between some other commitments.
I think anything we hear about other 2024 DL races will come direct from RD, which I’m annoyed about, bc I’d much rather know what they have planned later in the year ASAP. As it stands it looks like I’m going to have to take a swing at this first weekend bc we don’t know if it’ll be the only one next year. I would *guess* they have something planned for the fall, maybe even two races, but who knows.

I got Mike wazowski-ed for castle pics for the marathon. Dude cut over then stopped to jump in front of the photographer. My marathon castle pics don't exist. I may have uttered a f*@&er under my breath as I ran by.
Was next to you (and think I heard that 😆). That dude totally startled me 😱.
I do see you through his armpit in one of my pictures...

Lol Strava didn't give me a best marathon badge either for some reason I don't understand and I just emailed them about it because I want my digital kudos 😂
Related: does anyone know if you can download the gpx file (or whatever it is that has the route) for the races? My phone tracker crashed 20 minutes into the half and I was hoping to just upload the official route and input the times from trackshack.

Related: does anyone know if you can download the gpx file (or whatever it is that has the route) for the races? My phone tracker crashed 20 minutes into the half and I was hoping to just upload the official route and input the times from trackshack.
You can download the routes from the official race tracker in kml format and then convert that to gpx. It takes some doing. I have them at home but won't get there until late tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter