Marathon Weekend 2024

What a interesting morning! I was following along to see how things went to prepare myself for this step for 2025 MW. So, I have a few questions.
1. How many of yall registered yourself and another racer at the same time? Is this a good idea or should you go for one at a time?
2. Are you providing your POT during registration or doing it later? If later are you picking a slower time so you are not prompted to provide the information?
3. Did everyone here who wanted to run the marathon and was on their computer when registration open get in?

I would consider taking the morning off for registration next year, but my work computer is faster and better internet here, plus multiple screens lol.

Was kinda wondering the same thing... On a local level, races that would fill up fast have been having spots open almost till race day. Other races just shut down and havent returned post covid. The big local marathon had just around 1000 runners while other marathons within a hour barely had 500 folks and are now just a double loop course because of the cost of their full course.

I was telling a friend that the full could be open for several days maybe a month. I could not have been more wrong. Is this overreaction to last year or something else.
I registered both myself and my DH and skipped the POT. Filled it in after receiving confirmation.:-) I chose a slower time for both of us.

Marathon ear question.... I did the marathon in 2017 before the famous ears. Is that something you purchase at the expo or is it just handed out? I'm really hoping to get marathon ears and I didn't see them in the pre-purchase stuff.

Are there any larger pictures of the annual passholder bundle?
I feel like we're lucky we're getting any pics, based on the past couple of years.

but SPEAKING of the preview pics....it's a bold move if the spirit jersey is going to say MARATHON WEEKEND and not rundisney (IMO)

Marathon ear question.... I did the marathon in 2017 before the famous ears. Is that something you purchase at the expo or is it just handed out? I'm really hoping to get marathon ears and I didn't see them in the pre-purchase stuff.
there's usually at least one ear *headband* available at the expo, but the ear *hat* has only been handed out to marathon finishers.

In for Goofy and my 8th WDW MW!!

Just catching up on this thread - LOVE seeing how everyone was sharing links and helping each other out! I got slammed at work and texted my husband at 9:45 asking him to register me. At 9:58 he sent me a screenshot where he was on the wrong page, and I was like NOOOOO go back to the main page and get in the queue!! Somehow he got lucky and got through quickly. PFEW! I have a few more grey hairs now!

Hope everyone got what they wanted!

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I got in for Goofy today and had a few spare queue links I wanted to share, but when I tried to post them I got an error stating that the message content looked like spam. I suppose I need to have a certain number of posts before I can include a link? If so, I better reach that threshold before next time :)
Welcome! So happy you joined in!

A total newbie here, so happy to have found this forum and you bunch of lovely people!
Welcome to the board--this is truly a wonderful, kind community of RunDisney people. I hope you have a wonderful training cycle and race. It will be here before you know it! 💜

I'm so excited! I don't have my charity bib yet but I have a confirmed spot.

I have my hotels and flights all booked too, I'm completely ready lol. Just need to figure out if I want to do parks, and if so how much.

How crowded are the parks during MW usually?

I'm so excited! I don't have my charity bib yet but I have a confirmed spot.

I have my hotels and flights all booked too, I'm completely ready lol. Just need to figure out if I want to do parks, and if so how much.

How crowded are the parks during MW usually?

They were pretty bad in 2023 and I’d expect the same in 2024. Early Marathon Weekend means more kids are still on break and more people in the parks. If you have a choice I’d recommend planning parks for the days following the Marathon rather than before or during. If not, I find MK, Epcot, and AK all pretty manageable (particularly if you are a resort guest with Genie+) and Hollywood Studios to be a nightmare hellscape. Opinions may vary, but HS having an abundance of low volume (RoTR, ToT, RnRC, Slinky Dog, Smuggler’s Run) and prone to breakdown (RotR, ToT, RnRC) rides doesn’t work well with crowds.

This year, there was an After Hours at HS on Wednesday during Marathon Weekend and MK on the Monday after MW. I attended the one at MK and it was an amazing time. It would be worth monitoring whether those events overlap again as well IMO.

First time poster, long time runDisney runner. I had to just take a quick moment to create an account and post a big Thank You for everyone who was sharing their links this morning. My registration links were all well over an hour and thanks to the kindness of others sharing their queue links I was able to get in. Thank you again and looking forward to MW 2024.

They were pretty bad in 2023 and I’d expect the same in 2024. Early Marathon Weekend means more kids are still on break and more people in the parks. If you have a choice I’d recommend planning parks for the days following the Marathon rather than before or during. If not, I find MK, Epcot, and AK all pretty manageable (particularly if you are a resort guest with Genie+) and Hollywood Studios to be a nightmare hellscape. Opinions may vary, but HS having an abundance of low volume (RoTR, ToT, RnRC, Slinky Dog, Smuggler’s Run) and prone to breakdown (RotR, ToT, RnRC) rides doesn’t work well with crowds.

This year, there was an After Hours at HS on Wednesday during Marathon Weekend and MK on the Monday after MW. I attended the one at MK and it was an amazing time. It would be worth monitoring whether those events overlap again as well IMO.
Alright, that makes sense, thank you! I have some deferred tickets from 2021 that I've still been holding onto in my account that I think I'll just keep and maybe do some resort/minigolf/chilling out. If the AH lines up maybe I'll check that out too.

I'm doing c2c and heading into DL on Wednesday morning so I think I'll do all of the park stuff over there instead.

Actually never mind. I'm going to go do all of the tours my girlfriend never wants to do like the Wild Africa Trek and stuff

Last edited:
Question for anyone that added a bundle at registration. I could have sworn I added one of the Adult Weekend Jacket/Short Sleeve Tee Bundles to my registration but when I look at the receipt all I see is the race and the $218.99 charge with no mention of the bundle. I logged into my account and under "Your Products" it doesn't have anything at all. Can anyone confirm I should be seeing the bundle on my receipt and/or in "your products" before I accidentally buy a second.

1681255698214.png

1681255731912.png

Knowing how Disney tech works it could be in limbo until some random future date and then I'll have two.

For inspiration, I have this to share. I ran the Ventura Marathon in February, and went with the 3:55 pace group to have a little company. The pacers were a 60y.o. woman and a 66y.o. man, and both were quite comfortable at a sub-4 pace. Both are running Boston this weekend too! Awesomeness comes at every age.
Oh, those people are youngsters!
@Disney at Heart you got this. Now my next sign up is for the Damn race. I am hoping for a better POT for the half. Training is going well. Hoping for sub 55. @OldSlowGoofyGuy no pressure 😜

Sub 55 is attainable. Even I had a sub 60 a few years ago when I was 64-65ish (although I’ve been getting slower every year since). Hoping the weather is as good as it has been for the last few years. It’s still my best chance for a POT for a half. I used a 1:03:xx Dam Run time for this year’s Peachtree RR.

What a interesting morning! I was following along to see how things went to prepare myself for this step for 2025 MW. So, I have a few questions.
1. How many of yall registered yourself and another racer at the same time? Is this a good idea or should you go for one at a time?
2. Are you providing your POT during registration or doing it later? If later are you picking a slower time so you are not prompted to provide the information?
3. Did everyone here who wanted to run the marathon and was on their computer when registration open get in?

I would consider taking the morning off for registration next year, but my work computer is faster and better internet here, plus multiple screens lol.

Was kinda wondering the same thing... On a local level, races that would fill up fast have been having spots open almost till race day. Other races just shut down and havent returned post covid. The big local marathon had just around 1000 runners while other marathons within a hour barely had 500 folks and are now just a double loop course because of the cost of their full course.

I was telling a friend that the full could be open for several days maybe a month. I could not have been more wrong. Is this overreaction to last year or something else.
I think part of it, as others have said, is that it is a good time of year, the spectacle, and fomo, but also think part of it is the assesibility of RunDisney. The cut off times are extremely generous in comparison to most races, it is very inviting to new runners, and a large number of people walk the the majority of the race. I dont mean that as a dig, rather those are reasons why I started with RD. I knew I could do a marathon, but at the time it would be a stretch to finish within the cuttoffs and even if I did, I was likely going to be running by myself. At that point, I might as well just do a long solo run and save money.

I think part of it, as others have said, is that it is a good time of year, the spectacle, and fomo, but also think part of it is the assesibility of RunDisney. The cut off times are extremely generous in comparison to most races, it is very inviting to new runners, and a large number of people walk the the majority of the race. I dont mean that as a dig, rather those are reasons why I started with RD. I knew I could do a marathon, but at the time it would be a stretch to finish within the cuttoffs and even if I did, I was likely going to be running by myself. At that point, I might as well just do a long solo run and save money.
Honolulu Marathon is also very beginner friendly, and they have NO cutoff. This past December, the last finisher came in at 17:00+. I even had time to finish twice, running the last two miles again with my wife! :-)

Got the wife and myself registered for the marathon, however, not without issues! No matter what browser I used I could not click the payment button. Finally, I gave up on my work computer and completed the registration with no issues on my phone. I need to figure out if I have a browser setting that keeps me from being able to click pay. It also may have been because the laptop crashed and restarted while in cue and I used a recovered tab after it restarted. All that matters, we are in. Now to book our DVC room and buy annual passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter