March 2008

Just checking out flights in the only plan for me. I need to see if the rate has come down before we put the deposit on the group rate with NWA. Plus surfing to see what everyone else is up to. :surfweb:

It is beautiful here and I just can't wait to get outside. I had to work this morning so I am just getting to me email now. :cool1:

Jo-Anne

:surfweb: Saturday's update- added two days to the front of our trip, now arriving Sunday instead of Tuesday. Lowest non stop airfare I've found so far is $349. How does that sound to everyone?

It sounds about right for the time of year you are travelling. Detroit to Orlando is about the same. Jo-Anne

:scared: Trying to show restraint and not rush out and book our flights just because I need something to do!

I hear ya! I have been cruising the web looking for prices etc and have even played with the idea of going this summer if the cottage thing doesn't work out. Anything to visit the sites I guess.

:confused3

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

That's the 8 of us doing the happy dance because we have our airplane tickets purchased. :woohoo: We fly out Friday March 7th at 11:10 pm and arrive Saturday March 8th at 7:25am whooo hooo, we should be checked into the Boardwalk Inn and at the Luna Park pool by noon!:cool2:

We fly home :sad1: Tuesday March 18th at 6:03pm. We got non stop flights both ways, very important when travelling with 4 children!

Chel! Your flight times to Orlando sound crazy. How long a flight is it for you? I don't think I could do an all night flight with 2 kids let alone 4! :scared:

You are a brave women! My hat goes off to you. :worship:

For us it is only 2.5 hours for a non stop flight. We will leave at 6:55 am and be in Orlando by 9:30am. :woohoo:

Jo-Anne

It's a 5-6 hour flight. I really like the idea of flying late at night so that all of us will, hopefully ;) sleep. We will have 4 adults along with the 4 kids so it shouldn't be to bad, plus the kids will be 12, 11, 9, & 8 so not to little.

:idea: Anybody got a rough draft itinerary they want to share this weekend? I'll post mine in the morning, I'm to lazy to go dig my notebook out right now.

:surfweb: Here's my plan so far:

• Friday March 7th- Travel flight leaves 11:10 pm
  • Saturday March 8th- Arrival flight gets in 7:25 am figure we will be at the Boardwalk Inn by at least 11 am. Check in, go to the pool for some relaxation and swimming. Lunch pool side.
  • Evening plans: Epcot- Coral Reef dinner, explore maybe ride a few rides or not, super low key, and back to BW for early bedtime or to watch Illuminations from the Concierge Lounge.
  • Sunday March 9th- Magic Kingdom- Crystal Palace Lunch
  • Rest/Swim
  • Evening plans: MGM- Fantasmic Dinner package
  • Monday March 10th- Richard Peatty Driving Experience(Guys)/ Blizzard Beach or Disney Quest
  • Tuesday March 11th- Animal Kingdom either late lunch or early dinner at Boma
  • Wednesday March 12th- Epcot
  • Rest/Swim
  • Evening Plans: MK- Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner SpectroMagic
  • Thursday March- 13th Rest/ Epcot World Showcase
  • Friday March 14th- Typhoon Lagoon
  • Saturday March 15th- Animal Kingdom
  • Sunday March 16th- MGM
  • Monday March 17th- Epcot
  • Tuesday March 16th- Choice Morning/ Travel Home Flight leaves 6:30 pm

So what do you think?

I am not going to plan which parks to go to until the calendar comes out so that I know which days are Magic Days at the parks.

:yay:

:lmao: I've already changed my plan once today, and the one I posted was already revision 4 or 5. I know I'm a big freak. I just discovered the Dis Pre-Trip board so I'll be posting my Pre-Trip report sometime today over there.pixiedust:

Found me another thread to play in! LOL I am still not sure what week we are going...I will be pulling the kiddos out of school either way. Are flights usually cheaper this far in advance? With 4 kiddos I am not sure if we will drive again or not. Is there still a rule about being under 2 you don't need to have a seat?

:eek: 4 kids and driving :scared: 4 kids and flying is going to be hard enough. So where are you thinking of staying this time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter