• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 2014 at the sequoia lodge

ILOVEDLP

DIS Veteran
This is my first go at a pre trippy so sorry if it's a bit rubbish :rotfl2:
Hi all I'm Rachael I'm 39 and I love all things Disney this is me with my sons at Disney world last year.

We had a great time :cloud9:
This is my fav picture of the whole trip it's their 5th birthday.
Hope you can see the pictures.
This is my 10th trip to my fav place in the world.
On this trip there will be me my DH and the twins.
Big DS is to stay at home with his sister as he has gcses to do.
The plan we are traveling by train to London from durham on the 16th of march for a overnight stay in the central travelodge before the Eurostar on the Monday morning.
We then have 6 nights at the sequoia lodge in a GF room.
I love this hotel the smell of the fire when you walk in its like going home for me.
I'm super excited about this trip as it's my DH first trip to Disney, I hope he loves it as much as I do :thumbsup2.
It's his birthday on the 18th and I have booked buffalo bills for that night I know he will love this.
I haven't booked any meals yet but plan to eat at walts blue lagoon hunters grill.
I haven't been to DLP for 2 years and cannot wait to get back to my happy place.
This is the boys the last time we where there

Staying at the hotel New York they got balloons and two Donald's on the bed when we arrived pure magic.
That was feb 2012 and so cold in the park it pretty much spoiled our trip here's hoping for better weather this time.
We have yet to tell the boys about our trip we are going to tell them on their 6th birthday have yet to decided how to do it thinking a note in a box ??
They are having a super hero birthday party so I'm in super planning mode for that and the holiday.
So what's new from last time we visited ?
Thanks for reading !
Rachael x

So some back ground on why I love DLP.
My first visit was in 2003 we stayed 2 nights In the Santa Fe what can I say it just wasn't long enough.
We loved every minute of it and since the day we got off that air France flight ( yes before easy jet ).
I've been planning how to get back to the magic.
I love everything about being there it is my happy place I smile all the time we are there :).

We have stayed in the Cheyenne many times the sequoia lodge and the hotel New York, we have even had Empire State there :thumbsup2.
I'm hoping GF will be similar to Empire State as it was a perfect start to our days.
I have 2 dd and 3 ds they all have happy memories of DLP getting up a bbwws being picked to be in the stunt show etc etc.
Having so many children my DH has never been with us because having two rooms was far to expensive.
So this his his first trip with us :cool1:
Hoping he see why I love it so much.
Any tips for this ?

awe sign that they have had a fab time when they fall asleep after all that fun and excitement!.

Will just be myself and 8yr old when we go, staying at Cheyenne.

We have been to WDW orlando, when he was 6, and he's gone on about it ever since. So a wee surprise visit to DLP will have to do until we can afford WDW, though my main problem is being stuck to School Holidays :( as hate busy crowded parks.

awe sign that they have had a fab time when they fall asleep after all that fun and excitement!.

Will just be myself and 8yr old when we go, staying at Cheyenne.

We have been to WDW orlando, when he was 6, and he's gone on about it ever since. So a wee surprise visit to DLP will have to do until we can afford WDW, though my main problem is being stuck to School Holidays :( as hate busy crowded parks.

Thank you for reading !

What did you think of the magic kingdom ?
The disneyland park is far better IMO better spaced better rides just not the weather.

The Cheyenne is the best for small boys they all love cowboys :)
I know I've booked the Cheyenne for 2015 feb half term because of the new rules it's the boys birthday two any excuse :rotfl2:.
I hate it busy parks to.
I think we need to make the most of this trip as it maybe our last quite one for a while.
X

we loved everything about orlando, all the parks are amazing, inc Magic Kingdom, esp MNSSHP that was gr8 fun and all the rides were walk on the night we went! I have also been to Disneyland Hong Kong tho a while ago now and we were only in it for the day!

Oh memories, loved the nice warm weather in orlando too, haha we won't see that in Paris in Feb :o lol

we loved everything about orlando, all the parks are amazing, inc Magic Kingdom, esp MNSSHP that was gr8 fun and all the rides were walk on the night we went! I have also been to Disneyland Hong Kong tho a while ago now and we were only in it for the day!

Oh memories, loved the nice warm weather in orlando too, haha we won't see that in Paris in Feb :o lol

I think crowd levels make a big difference don't they to many people stress me out .
We will go to Orlando again one day but will be a few years away when the boys are big I think.
Hong Kong Disney bet that was fab?
I've posted on your pre trippy hope I can help with your trip
Rachael x

Your pics are fab!

I bet your twins will be super excited to be going back!

Looking forward to following along now and when you return :)

Your pics are fab!

I bet your twins will be super excited to be going back!

Looking forward to following along now and when you return :)

Thank you for reading

I can not wait to tell them.
I'm trying to think of a good way I will keep you up to date

X

Where to eat ? I was totally off the idea of cafe Mickey then looking through my photos yesterday I came across this

And

And Alex's face in this one

Now I totally want to go !!
Ive read nothing but bad things but these photos are telling me go on Rachael give it another chance..
What to do ?
Edit
Think I'm going to book for the Monday night .

So excited about this TR!!
What a handsome family you have. The twins are fab in their Jack Sparrow attire!! :thumbsup2

So have you settled where you want to dine? We have had our worse meals at CM but also our best! Meeting Stitch made my year!

Looking forward to following this along and hearing all about the lovely new GF rooms :yay::banana: xx

So excited about this TR!!
What a handsome family you have. The twins are fab in their Jack Sparrow attire!! :thumbsup2

So have you settled where you want to dine? We have had our worse meals at CM but also our best! Meeting Stitch made my year!

Looking forward to following this along and hearing all about the lovely new GF rooms :yay::banana: xx

So pleased you spotted it !

Thinking
Monday cafe Mickey
Tuesday bbwws
Wednesday hunters grill
Thursday walts
Friday blue lagoon.
Saturday hunters grill
Sunday brunch at the steak house.

Thanks for reading Kizzy xx

ILOVEDLP said:
So pleased you spotted it !

Thinking
Monday cafe Mickey
Tuesday bbwws
Wednesday hunters grill
Thursday walts
Friday blue lagoon.
Saturday hunters grill

Thanks for reading Kizzy xx

Wow some fab choices. Love Walt's Caesar salad & they had amazing cheesecake on our last visit there. Making me hungry :D imagine the boys faces this time at Cafe Mickey!! :yay:
I've been slowly catching up on TRs & PTRs.

I can book our ADRs soon :dance3:
I had wanted to eat at cape cod but it looks like it will be undergoing its referb on our dates, shame as it's one of my fave places the view over the lake onto cafe Mickey :cloud9:.
Also I really love Annette's thinking I may have to squeeze it into,
Here a pic of our last visit

So it looking like
Monday cafe Mickey
Tuesday bbwws
Wednesday hunters grill
Thursday walts
Friday blue lagoon.
Saturday hunters grill or Annette's ?

I have put the boys holiday request in today it's been booked since 14th may last year so I'm hoping we don't get the £240 fine.
I also have a letter from my employer to say we have restricted holidays.
Never said where we are going.
The thought of the fine stressing me out a bit tbh
Thanks all for reading
Xx

Dont worry, I bet it'll be ok. Fingers and toes crossed for you :goodvibes

Dont worry, I bet it'll be ok. Fingers and toes crossed for you :goodvibes

Thank you Kizzy :thumbsup2
I haven't herd of anyone at our school being fined yet, one of the dinner ladies go to my slimming world group, she was going to ask a round for me.
Will update when I find out.
Great you have 3 tickers
Xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter