***March 2020***

HS is going to be a stressful day for us. When we did our FP, we opted for Tier 1 Millenium Falcon, although I really wanted to do SDD- last year when we went we were not able to get a FP and rope drop SDD and it was insane and a free for all once we were led to Toy Story land- I swore I would never do it again without a FP- Now there a 3 to have to choose from Mickey and Mickey's Runaway RR, SDD and Millenium Falcon. how can one possibly choose now?? ANd now there is boarding groups for ROR. It is beyond stressful and thus having to get up and be there before dawn.... there just has to be a better way. This is just insane. They need to FP everything and make it fair to everyone without having to go on lack of sleep, already being exhausted before you even start the day and to me that is not enjoyable. Plus my daughter is pregnant and she is just now into her 2nd trimester- I have to think of her needs as well. Her husband and I are planning to get up early in order to get boarding groups- she wont be able to ride but he will, I can and so can my husband. We leave a week from tomorrow.... I am really hoping this goes well.

Thanks! I looked as soon as I got the TP e-mail and have been checking randomly throughout the night and still didn't see anything before 9am. Wasn't sure if I just missed the drop or something. I have a nice plan starting at 9am and would push it all to 8am if I could 🤣
Ours start at 9 as well. Currently we are playing with trying to rope drop MMRR so we want that buffer. I have a FP for it later but my boys decided to stick with MFSR.

HS is going to be a stressful day for us

I'm leaving this Saturday, and started to feel the same way as you. But then I thought, why? Why make something that is supposed to be fun and enjoyable so stressful? I'm going to go to DHS with a plan. If my plan doesn't work, then so be it.

It's not the end of the world. I'm still on vacation, I'm still in Disney, and I'm still with my family making memories. Can't beat that!

I realize we are all planners (or we wouldn't be on these boards), but there is only so much you can do. Disney isn't going anywhere, and you can always go back someday (with your new grandchild :-) ).

Don't let it get the best of you. Just enjoy!

I'm leaving this Saturday, and started to feel the same way as you. But then I thought, why? Why make something that is supposed to be fun and enjoyable so stressful? I'm going to go to DHS with a plan. If my plan doesn't work, then so be it.

It's not the end of the world. I'm still on vacation, I'm still in Disney, and I'm still with my family making memories. Can't beat that!

I realize we are all planners (or we wouldn't be on these boards), but there is only so much you can do. Disney isn't going anywhere, and you can always go back someday (with your new grandchild :-) ).

Don't let it get the best of you. Just enjoy!

You know what? You are absolutely right. There is no reason to stress over it. It is what it is and I don't want to allow the stress to overshadow our experience and all the time and planning we have done. I just wish there was a better system in place so that we could all have a positive experience without having to get up hours before dawn. I will enjoy what I can and what I can't oh well. We are having our first grandchild and so we are coming to celebrate that. My daughter and SIL got engaged in front of MK and had their honeymoon in Disney stayed at the GF. And this trip they are making their baby announcement so it is very special to our family. I will enjoy it for this reason alone.

You know what? You are absolutely right. There is no reason to stress over it. It is what it is and I don't want to allow the stress to overshadow our experience and all the time and planning we have done. I just wish there was a better system in place so that we could all have a positive experience without having to get up hours before dawn. I will enjoy what I can and what I can't oh well. We are having our first grandchild and so we are coming to celebrate that. My daughter and SIL got engaged in front of MK and had their honeymoon in Disney stayed at the GF. And this trip they are making their baby announcement so it is very special to our family. I will enjoy it for this reason alone.

That is awesome!!! Congratulations!!! That is definitely a reason to celebrate! Enjoy every minute and just think...someday you can bring your gradchild!

Wishing all HAPPY and GERM FREE travels! 😷🤗
Enjoy yourselves!!!!
One week I'll be on an a plane! I am ready for my trip. I was recently diagnosed with Chiari Malformation. Causing my head pains I've had for last 5 years off and on, finally diagnosed with MRI, so happy to have an answer, but now I know it may lead to a brain surgery eventually. On a few RXs 🤞 AND, no roller coasters. 😢 BUT, I'll be with 2 of my children, and my grandboys, and lots of fun extras planned, so it'll still be great!!!
Anyway, enough about my issues!

HAVE FUN EVERYONE!! pixiedust:

Wishing all HAPPY and GERM FREE travels! 😷🤗
Enjoy yourselves!!!!
One week I'll be on an a plane! I am ready for my trip. I was recently diagnosed with Chiari Malformation. Causing my head pains I've had for last 5 years off and on, finally diagnosed with MRI, so happy to have an answer, but now I know it may lead to a brain surgery eventually. On a few RXs 🤞 AND, no roller coasters. 😢 BUT, I'll be with 2 of my children, and my grandboys, and lots of fun extras planned, so it'll still be great!!!
Anyway, enough about my issues!

HAVE FUN EVERYONE!! pixiedust:

We are also 1 week away from our trip. This time next week I will have landed in Orlando and be walking to the magical express. We have been planning hard for the past 7 months so we are so excited to go. First ever stay at the Polynesian for my family but my 2nd time- although I went many many years ago back in 1980. My daughter is pregnant and she and her hubby will be with us this trip. Only wish my other daughter and her husband could go too but he is in Air Force and they couldn't make it this time. We will be facetiming them as much as we can though. Happy and Safe travels to everyone and have a wonderful time.

What an epic first day for us. Rope dropped MK and stayed most of the day that was highlighted with a great surprise meal at Cinderella’s Royal Table for my soon to be 13 year old girl.

We rode everything we wanted using FP (7DMT, BTMR x2, SlashM, PPF were just a few of many) despite the quite heavy crowds and we met too many characters to count in between all the rides.

Tired but happy family!

🤘😀🤘

One thing they are doing differently in HS at rope drop from when my daughter and her family went in January and when I went with them again this past week is how they group quests before rope drop. After you enter the park, before boarding group scramble time, the CM's direct you to one of three ways, one line for Toy Story Land, one for MMRR, and one for Galaxy's Edge. My daughter said it made it seem much less chaotic than in January.

One thing they are doing differently in HS at rope drop from when my daughter and her family went in January and when I went with them again this past week is how they group quests before rope drop. After you enter the park, before boarding group scramble time, the CM's direct you to one of three ways, one line for Toy Story Land, one for MMRR, and one for Galaxy's Edge. My daughter said it made it seem much less chaotic than in January.

This is very interesting to me. We went this time last year and we rope dropped too. Did not have a FP to SDD and we were first ones in line at park- after getting there well before dawn. Once they led us to toy story land it was a free for all and there was so much running shoving pushing and people nearly getting run over that I swore I would never do it again. We leave Saturday and have FP to MFSR we still want to do SDD so maybe if its not so crazy maybe i will head there first. I still have nightmares from last year. It was plain awful- loved loved loved the ride but getting to it was insane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter