March Break Trip???

Still debating. I have to PIF on my cruises early February so need to decide by then. I'm not sure at all. I travelled in October and it was ok, we worried a bit but it went ok. Now though, so many new cases and this new variant seems really contagious! I am not at all sure. My cruise line is no longer offering testing on board, so that's another wrench. I suspect we'll end up cancelling. Which is really sad, I want to get away, winter is not my thing at all a break from it would be really nice.

I really thought it would be safe to travel by then. :(

We were going to go to Cancun and actually just cancelled our airfare today (hadn't booked hotel yet). DH and I are still waiting on our booster invites and our youngest DD (11) probably won't be getting her second shot til end of January. We were just not feeling like it would be a good time to go so instead we are planning to drive down south of Seattle to Great Wolf Lodge for a couple of nights. Not exactly the same thing but oh well. Now we've got more WJ credits in our travel bank again 🙄🤦

Planning to go to Vancouver for March Break (not even leaving Canada), and probably will be cancelling it. I am going with my elderly mom. Don’t want to take any risk. Hope it will be ok to go in the summer!

We are supposed to leave March 2nd, out of YQM as well. Also need to decide by end of January so that we can cancel our DVC points. I’m still going to make dining reservations, but I think I know that deep down we will likely be canceling. We will have to see what the world is like in a months time. Sigh. I am so over this.

We are going in February, unless they start the 2 week quarantine again.

We will have quarantine insurance and a plan (hotel suite with kitchen and multiple bedrooms booked). And we will be wearing n95s or double masking, only eating outdoors and avoiding any indoor shows etc. We decided even we only get to walk around and enjoy the resort and outdoor attractions that’s fine. We need a break.

So….when booked it looked like Covid was soon to be over…and then… kaboom. Booked to fly YQM-MCO (via Montréal) on March 3rd. Need to decide by Jan 31st. What are other March break travellers thinking???
We don’t have March break travel booked yet, but we are seriously thinking about it, since we have to cancel our cruise departing in 20 days.
I may book something tentatively soon.There might be deals on cruises if they get cancellations in the next few weeks. Maybe.
The only thing for us, unless Canada gets rid of their testing and ridiculous airport protocols, we want to go where we can drive. Either drive to FL or cross by land and fly from the US. We just did that now and it’s a lot less hassle than flying from Toronto for us. It also eliminates the need to provide a test to board a flight from Canada to the US.
I realize things can change, but hope it will be for the better and not worse :)
When is March break in Ontario btw? Lol

We don’t have March break travel booked yet, but we are seriously thinking about it, since we have to cancel our cruise departing in 20 days.
I may book something tentatively soon.There might be deals on cruises if they get cancellations in the next few weeks. Maybe.
The only thing for us, unless Canada gets rid of their testing and ridiculous airport protocols, we want to go where we can drive. Either drive to FL or cross by land and fly from the US. We just did that now and it’s a lot less hassle than flying from Toronto for us. It also eliminates the need to provide a test to board a flight from Canada to the US.
I realize things can change, but hope it will be for the better and not worse :)
When is March break in Ontario btw? Lol
Mar 14-18 👍🏻

Mar 14-18 👍🏻
Thank you, I figured I better check if we are considering March break. lol
It could also be end of March and we’ll take DS out of school but trying to do that less and less… not opposed to it though, we were going to do it in Jan…
We unpacked after getting in yesterday and DH asked if I want the suitcases put away…aah! It was going to be so awesome to have only 3 weeks between our trips, we have never done that before, it was only because the cruise was rescheduled like 3x from summer 2020. Anyways, grateful we got to go to Disney for Christmas. I just need to have a plan for another trip lol. Even if I end up moving it 😂

Driving down. Only way we don't go will be if canada reimplements a 2 week mandatory quarantine upon return...I don't think the US will change anything for entry.

Everyone is healthy, wife and I are boosted, 3 kids will be fully vaxxed.

If Omicron continues not filling the hospitals then I think it's going to happen.

We are scheduled to fly from YUL on March 10th. While I really need a vacation, like everyone else, I’m pretty sure we’ll be canceling. We have Cdn tickets from 2017 we need to use up and with our oldest in his final year of high school, it’s going to become more difficult to schedule a trip for all 5 of us.

We are scheduled to fly from YUL on March 10th. While I really need a vacation, like everyone else, I’m pretty sure we’ll be canceling. We have Cdn tickets from 2017 we need to use up and with our oldest in his final year of high school, it’s going to become more difficult to schedule a trip for all 5 of us.
This is where we are. My oldest is 24 and works in high school but ds17 will go to university next year and then nobody will have the same schedule. It’s just getting harder and harder.

Thinking about this got me back to thinking...

We had cancelled our rental thinking Disney transport would be safe at that point, with the 4 of us double dosed and COVID slowing down. Should we consider getting a rental car again? We're doing a split stay between Coronado Springs and Yacht Club. Especially for the first half at CSR? For the Yacht club part, we'll pretty much walk between HS and Epcot and swim at the pool.

Thinking about this got me back to thinking...

We had cancelled our rental thinking Disney transport would be safe at that point, with the 4 of us double dosed and COVID slowing down. Should we consider getting a rental car again? We're doing a split stay between Coronado Springs and Yacht Club. Especially for the first half at CSR? For the Yacht club part, we'll pretty much walk between HS and Epcot and swim at the pool.
We had DH drive us to the parks whenever his golf schedule allowed. Always felt the most vulnerable on buses. So many maskless littles with runny noses and deep booming coughs….

Last edited:
We have a cruise booked for March break, but it's up in the air for us. We are driving so can avoid the flight with issue getting back if test positive thing...with current rules anyways. If quarantine hotels are put back then definitely a "no". If numbers are still what they are today, then definitely no. We have a backup of Dec 2022 if it doesn't work (and Disney World August), but so upsetting missing all these family trips. We actually should be on a cruise right now but had to cancel.
Also...the PCR test to return adds a significant cost on the budget.

We are scheduled to drive to Siesta Key at the end of March and then go to Disney for a few days on the way back . We are all vaccinated and still going . Last year at that time cases had gone down from the highs of the holidays . Colleges in our state have decided to have 2 weeks remote after Christmas break . We are waiting for high schools to follow . I think the numbers will be down by the time you take your trip . I would make sure to get your booster , double mask on the plane snd go .

We're likely going and just returned a few days ago. All of a sudden we know a ton of people testing positive and all have mild cases. If that changes so will our plans but right now we will likely go.

Thankfully we don't have to make a decision until early February for our MB cruise. Fingers crossed this burns itself out by then if not cancelling and pushing things forward.

We are booked March 13-21. Room only reservations at WDW so our deposit is full refundable. Flights booked with WJ credits from our cancelled March break 2020 trip, so easy to cancel. A couple months ago I was slightly hopeful the return PCR testing would go away, that was really our biggest concern to be stuck down there not being able to come home. But now, it looks like the testing will be around for a long while. I don’t want to cancel. I really don’t. This is so depressing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter