March Trip Reports

Well we spent too much time at Epcot lol! We’re on our way back to the Fort to watch the last Electrical Water Pageant and fireworks. Epcot was crowded and everyone was happy. Someone proposed to his girlfriend in front of the lagoon with the Epcot ball in the background. Guess Who was playing in the Garden Rocks concert. Orange bird slushees, lobster tails, barbecue, I could go on and on. So sorry the magic had to end but grateful we are here today. Tomorrow is another day ❤️

Yesterday as we took a boat ride to Epcot, you could see the impact at Boardwalk and Beach Club resorts. I was astonished at how few people were there. I could imagine Disney closing everything. How could you afford to keep your doors open for only a few guests? The answer came today-“all resorts to close on Friday, March 20”. Panic is spreading outside the campground in the grocery stores. People are clearing the shelves of essentials. A couple we spoke to last night said the store shelves were empty of meat. The news media has caused a panic. Personally I don’t think we will recover from this mass hysteria anytime soon. My heart goes out to everyone affected by this. Whatever comes ahead I hope all of you are safe and secure. I’m glad I came anyway so I could see it once more ❤

Last edited:
So the message came today. We need to be outta here by 11 am on Friday. Restaurants will be open for breakfast but no lunch or dinner. The Fort is clearing out, there’s only a few campers in our loop. Breakfast at Trails End was delicious with quite a few people. The waitress said the state is going to close the beaches next. Crazy!! The weather is still beautiful and all this seems unbelievable!

Ok, vacation at the Fort officially cancelled, but we managed to squeeze in a morning at the MK yesterday. I hate the reason why, but did appreciate the low crowds. It was nice to be able to walk and enjoy the sights and scenery without bumping into someone or getting run over by someone. Rode our three FPs plus three others and had lunch, all in 2 1/2 hours.
Notice the empty walkway
IMG_20200315_110543618_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200315_104743675.jpg
New paint job
IMG_20200315_124105102.jpg
Other random photos
IMG_20200315_105411238.jpg
IMG_20200315_124248953.jpg
IMG_20200315_105216534.jpg
IMG_20200315_103336142.jpg
IMG_20200315_121131560_HDR.jpg

So we were supposed to drive down in the camper on Friday. Found out at 8 pm Thursday night about the closure. Rushed to book a flight and change campsite to a room at pop century (which took 3 hours on hold with Disney). Flew down friday morning and hit MK that afternoon.

Spent saturday at epcot and yesterday at MK. Flying home tomorrow. Super sad about all my plans getting thrown out the window and not getting to go to the fort but so so glad we were still able to spend dd's 7th bday yesterday at MK. Its been a heck of a trip, I'll have to post more about that when I get home, but its been worth it!

Best of luck for those who are spending the last couple of nights in WDW. It must have an apocalyptic feel to it especially the campground. However, I am sure SDMT was still running a 180 minute wait time! LoL I hope that gave you something to smile about. Good luck and safe travels to where ever you hail from.

Today was the last day for Disney Springs. Tomorrow will be the last day the busses run. There are many more people here than I originally thought. We met someone at the dog park who made a last minute reservation. He couldn’t do it over the phone, but was told to come “in person “. We all need to be out by Friday am. There’s still the campfire sing a long and it’s still on tomorrow night. Pretty quiet here!

The trip is over, on our way back home. Was a beautiful trip, much more relaxed than any other. We needed no reservations, just walked up and asked for a table! Unheard of previously. We went to O'Hana's character breakfast and Beaches & Cream. Plenty of character interaction as there were very few guests. They really treated us well and we’re happy we came. Last night at the campground an employee came around with a goodie bag for each campsite. We received a couple water bottles, an apple, a rice crispy Mickey, and a Minnie cookie in a nice reusable bag. Cute tag on it said, “See ya real soon”. Very sweet of them. At the campfire there were free s’mores for everyone. We washed our hands constantly and carried hand sanitizer/Lysol wipes. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and we all had a great time. I’m sorry we had to cut it short. I will keep my thoughts about the Pandemic to myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter