Markers they use to personalize ornaments???

DianeL

DIS Veteran
Hi!!! :wave2:

I bought a flat disc ornament at Disneyland in Sept only to find out they don't have a place that personalizes ornaments year round :eek:

A lady there told me to go to Michaels and get markers, well ok but before I attempt this I figured I'd see if someone else had been brave enough to do their own and which brand of marker gave the best results. Remember the marker had better be good because my hand writing is not so if you have knowledge of a secret handwriting improving marker please give a shout :rotfl: otherwise .....

Any recommendations for markers?

Thanks!!!!! :goodvibes

What about a SHARPIE.. They have a ton of colours...I personally have not tried them but I use them for EVERYTHING...CDs, naming clothing items, etc.

Even the silver and gold Sharpies are great just for this.

For the handwriting -- look around in the scrapbooking section for books that include some sample alphabets that show you how to draw letters in different styles -- you can pick one you like and practice "drawing," rather than writing,the name before you put it on the ornament. There are also specialized pens with wedge tips, etc. if you want to get really creative. Of course using your own handwriting just makes it all the more personal as a memory.

A Sharpie! Who would have thunkit! LOL

I'll have to check into the sample alphabets too! Maybe I will give it a try and not beg a friend to LOL

:artist: <<-- me attempting this project lol

THANKS!!!!!!

Sharpies are a good idea, but I also like to use paint pens (gold is great) for this task -- unlike sharpies, you can wipe off mistakes if you act quickly and you can also use nail polish remover if you change your mind. Good luck!

Thanks Kirstiebird!!! Maybe I'll give that a try 1st. I'm hoping to visit Micahel's this Friday so perhaps I can pick them up and get my ornament done this weekend. :cool1:

If you want something permanent that won't smudge or wipe off try slickwriters. I use them for scrapbooking and you can even write on metal and they don't smudge. They come in all different colours.

Be careful with a sharpie. Sometimes they wipe off the metalic paint on some ornaments. Try it somewhere first. Maybe on the little stub under the metal ornament cap if it is a round ornament. Otherwise you might fine that the sharpie has changed color because it has picked up some of the metalic paint. Peggie

I wouldn't use sharpies. I like to get the kids the ornaments you can personalize and usually use paint pens, but one year I didn't have any, so I used Sharpies, they majorly faded by the next year. I'd get paint pens. they even have some with glitter in them. Look near the paint section at michaels.

Thanks!!! I hope to pay a visit to Michaels on Friday or at the latest Saturday :-D Have my errands list ready and will make a note that the pens are in the paint area ;)

I bought ornaments and used a paint marker from Michael's. They are not with regular markers but in the paint section. They come in tons of colors and tip sizes vary as well. I have gold and white glass bulbs that I used gold and white painty's on. That is the name of them. They work great. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter