Marrieds choosing not to have kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't want kids...never have, never will...and no folks. we won't change our minds....

Welcome Little Sister!:dance3:

It's been very quiet on the thread lately, where is everyone? Madd, get any emails from Disney, maybe something from Mayhem about how her and DH are doing?

No nothing from Mayhem! I know when I go to Disney I forget about the real world:laughing:

I had my Dr. Appt. with the orthopedic surgeon, he thinks it's the broken bone that's causing all the problems with my ankle but he's afraid to take it out because of all the tendons & nerves around it, so he sent me for an MRI last Friday. Tomorrow I find out the results, hopefully they will find something other than the bone problem and be able to start treating whatever it is that trashing my ankle! And in the meantime I'm home with a nasty little virus that my DH & co-worker combined probably gave to me, at least I'm getting it before our Disney trip.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Let us know the results- good luck. And sorry you feel yucky:sick: Is it that time of the year again when all the little rug-rats spread their germs to everyone:guilty: UGH.

Little story- my cousin and his wife had their first baby Saturday. It was a little girl. Of course, they are clueless just like any new parents would be. We went to visit them in the hospital. Well the baby starts crying a little and his wife asks for a pacifier. We looked around and there was not one in the room. I walked up to the nurses stations and said "Hi, um, I am here to get a pacifier for the baby, we don't think one came with the room"......:lmao:

Hey- there are diapers in the room, I found out why there are no pacifiers- some moms do not like to give one to the baby- so you have to ask for one.

We thought the hospital was like a hotel and it came equipped with everything you might need:lmao: :rotfl2:

I found this funny too- one of my other cousins asked where the nanny was (of course joking) and MY name came up as a possible nanny!:scared1: :eek: I bluntly put it this way "No thanks, I am sorry- I do not really like kids":rotfl2:

In all the years DH and I have been together no one really ever asked us why we do not have kids:confused3 Well, I just had to break the news to some of them after all these years!:rotfl2:

Believe it or not, my cousin who's wife just had the baby was never fond of kids- it would always be us 3 (my cousin, me and DH) when there was a kids party huddled in a corner with the look of pain in our faces:lmao: Not anymore! My cousin would not even eat the cake b/c the kids spit all over it when they blew out the candles:rotfl2: He would actually get mad:laughing:

Thanks Tiffany! Yep, lots of viruses going around. My DH is a custodian in an elementary school and brought it home first and now it's going around at my work. It's amazing to watch the progression of it coming down our hallway, it starts at one end and makes it's way to our office. Out of 48 of us, there have been at least 3 people gone sick each week starting a month ago. We figure it's from all the "recirculated" air in our building, kind of like an airplane.

:dance3:

Just wondering... do you have a communal candy dish in the office? I avoid those like the plague now!!! One person w/a cold dipping into a jar of skittles & everyone is sick.

Another thing to think about; at DH's office they have a palm scanner to get in/out. Since they started wiping that down w/the clorox wipes people have been much healthier in his office.

It is amazing... it just takes 1 person & next thing you know the whole office has it!

Just wondering... do you have a communal candy dish in the office? I avoid those like the plague now!!! One person w/a cold dipping into a jar of skittles & everyone is sick.

Another thing to think about; at DH's office they have a palm scanner to get in/out. Since they started wiping that down w/the clorox wipes people have been much healthier in his office.

It is amazing... it just takes 1 person & next thing you know the whole office has it!

No communal candy dish on my desk, especially since I've been low-carbing it prepping for the WDW trip. I'm actually a germaphobe, people at work make fun of me because I'm always cleaning my desk, switchboard, computer, etc. with Lysol wipes. I'm the one who points out the things that people do to pass on germs like putting pens in their mouths, not washing hands, touching their faces too much. I think this little virus was just destined to get me, especially with my co-worker hacking & sneezing away and then DH also had the exact same thing (and there was no kissing allowed!). I am constantly changing hand towels, soaking the toothbrush in boiling water, changing the bedding. I was out sick 2 days this week, it hit me hard, maybe because I have not had a cold/virus in over a year. But I'm feeling better today, thanks to Mucinex & Mucinez D, that stuff really helps clear things up!

Now I'm looking forward to feeling good for the weekend so we can start doing all of our yard clean up and start putting up the HALLOWEEN decorations. I'm very excited about that! I love the fall, it's my favorite time of year and even though everything is starting to die and we start getting ready for winter. There's just something about the smell in the air!

Oh my gosh Cheryl I just noticed your ticker! You only have 7 more days to go before your trip! Have you started packing yet?!

Let us know the results- good luck. And sorry you feel yucky:sick: Is it that time of the year again when all the little rug-rats spread their germs to everyone:guilty: UGH.

Okay, even though I was pretty darn sick Wednesday and off of work I went to the orthopedic surgeon to get the results of my MRI. I think he actually felt bad for me because I was so sick with this darn virus. Anywayyyyyy, I have an inflamed tendon around my ankle and much more arthritis over the top of my foot caused by an old injury. He gave me a high dose ibuprofen to take twice a day to take away the inflamation. He said the inflamation is caused by the way I walk, something about my foot twisting when I walk because I have a fallen arch. So this brings us back to the podorthist I saw 3 weeks ago, I called him yesterday to make an appointment so that he can tweak my orthotics since I'm still feeling the discomfort in my ankle when I walk on it. He does not have any appointments available until next Wednesday, so until then I will continue taking the meds. At least I will have the the meds to get me through the trip should I need them.

He also said it was good that I did not have a "torn" tendon, that would have been much worse. But if this persists and does not go away I may need to have surgery. They would take muscle from another area and replace the inflamed muscle, that's a route I do not want to take so I also asked about losing more weight, he said that would definitely help (of course!). So I will continue low-carbing, at this point I have lost 11 pounds.:yay:

I'm keeping positive thoughts and moving forward. Thanks to everyone for sending good energy my way, it totally helped! Have a great day everyone!

Okay, even though I was pretty darn sick Wednesday and off of work I went to the orthopedic surgeon to get the results of my MRI. I think he actually felt bad for me because I was so sick with this darn virus. Anywayyyyyy, I have an inflamed tendon around my ankle and much more arthritis over the top of my foot caused by an old injury. He gave me a high dose ibuprofen to take twice a day to take away the inflamation. He said the inflamation is caused by the way I walk, something about my foot twisting when I walk because I have a fallen arch. So this brings us back to the podorthist I saw 3 weeks ago, I called him yesterday to make an appointment so that he can tweak my orthotics since I'm still feeling the discomfort in my ankle when I walk on it. He does not have any appointments available until next Wednesday, so until then I will continue taking the meds. At least I will have the the meds to get me through the trip should I need them.

He also said it was good that I did not have a "torn" tendon, that would have been much worse. But if this persists and does not go away I may need to have surgery. They would take muscle from another area and replace the inflamed muscle, that's a route I do not want to take so I also asked about losing more weight, he said that would definitely help (of course!). So I will continue low-carbing, at this point I have lost 11 pounds.:yay:

I'm keeping positive thoughts and moving forward. Thanks to everyone for sending good energy my way, it totally helped! Have a great day everyone!

Keep taking your meds and hopefully the pod doc can tweak you (kinda sounds fun:rotfl2: ) before your trip and maybe that will give you additional relief along with the meds!

Congrats on the 11 lbs!!!!!! Keep it up!:thumbsup2

DH will be done detoxing on Sunday- He lost a lot of weight- he did not even need to!! He lost over 10lbs but I cannot really tell, he can't even wear his belt b/c it is too big. Before the detox he walked around losing his pants:lmao: I don't know what he is going to do now! Maybe I can get him a nice lookin' rope to tie around his waist:rotfl2:

I wonder how May and DH are making out in Disney, I want to see pics!!- I forget when she is supposed to come home?

Tammy- (or anyone else here) have you been watching True Blood!!!! I LUV it- and OMG- now that Eric is in the pic- it is even better:lovestruc Sookie cracks me up b/c she just tells Eric the way it is:rotfl2: I was glued to the screen when Bill's fangs came out when the cop pulled them over and Bill got him to hand over his gun to him!!:banana: Can you imagine, their first date and he does that? I would melt!:worship: :rotfl:

I am listening to Type O right now and I want Peter (in my siggy) to bite me:cool1: His voice drives me crazy!!!:worship:

Keep taking your meds and hopefully the pod doc can tweak you (kinda sounds fun:rotfl2: ) before your trip and maybe that will give you additional relief along with the meds!

Will do! Oh, by the way, the pod doc is tweakin' my orthotics not me!:lmao: What's on your mind this morning? Oh wait, I know, it's Peter the Vampire!:lmao:

Congrats on the 11 lbs!!!!!! Keep it up!:thumbsup2

Thank you very much, I'm finally out of carb withdrawal. One thing I found out though is not to trust any of the flavored alcohols. They definitely set me back, so now the only thing I drink when having a cocktail is Sapphire Gin & Diet Tonic.

DH will be done detoxing on Sunday- He lost a lot of weight- he did not even need to!! He lost over 10lbs but I cannot really tell, he can't even wear his belt b/c it is too big. Before the detox he walked around losing his pants:lmao: I don't know what he is going to do now! Maybe I can get him a nice lookin' rope to tie around his waist:rotfl2:

I cannot believe your DH is dropping so much weight! Definitely give him a nice lookin' rope, just like Capt. Jack! pirate: :rotfl:

I wonder how May and DH are making out in Disney, I want to see pics!!- I forget when she is supposed to come home?

I've thought of her often as the week has gone by wondering how her DH is doing with the scooter and bum knee. I agree I would like to see some pics too.

Tammy- (or anyone else here) have you been watching True Blood!!!! I LUV it- and OMG- now that Eric is in the pic- it is even better:lovestruc Sookie cracks me up b/c she just tells Eric the way it is:rotfl2: I was glued to the screen when Bill's fangs came out when the cop pulled them over and Bill got him to hand over his gun to him!!:banana: Can you imagine, their first date and he does that? I would melt!:worship: :rotfl:

I am listening to Type O right now and I want Peter (in my siggy) to bite me:cool1: His voice drives me crazy!!!:worship:

DH and I are glued to the t.v. every Sunday night. And I definitely love, love Bill, he can bite my neck any time:love: . And I liked the part when Sookie meets Eric and then later starts telling them what's going to happen with the bust!

I'm not a big southern twangin' kind of music lover (or whatever you call that type of music they play for the intro), but I really like that song. However they could leave out the dead animals they show while playing it, but that's just me.

I'm not a big southern twangin' kind of music lover (or whatever you call that type of music they play for the intro), but I really like that song. However they could leave out the dead animals they show while playing it, but that's just me.

I like the beginning- I find it haunting, creepy- or disturbing, something like that- I LUV almost anything Chris Isaak does or sings. Everytime I hear the song before the show, I think, OMG- How great would it be if they just gave Chris a bit part as a vampire on the show!:yay: Please, Please! He would be delish as a vampire.

Chris has such a great sense of humor- I am sure he would be up for it!

We saw Chris a few times in concert- and he is, believe it or not, hilarious!!! He tells these goofy stories between songs that just crack you up. And his suits are crazy! He is SO hot, but he is not full of himself, I like that! He is goofy.

I like the beginning- I find it haunting, creepy- or disturbing, something like that- I LUV almost anything Chris Isaak does or sings. Everytime I hear the song before the show, I think, OMG- How great would it be if they just gave Chris a bit part as a vampire on the show!:yay: Please, Please! He would be delish as a vampire.

Chris has such a great sense of humor- I am sure he would be up for it!

We saw Chris a few times in concert- and he is, believe it or not, hilarious!!! He tells these goofy stories between songs that just crack you up. And his suits are crazy! He is SO hot, but he is not full of himself, I like that! He is goofy.

ooh another Chris Isaak fan!! DH and I LOVE him!!! and I think he's yummy:lovestruc

ooh another Chris Isaak fan!! DH and I LOVE him!!! and I think he's yummy:lovestruc

Have you seen him live?! He puts on a great show.

Do you remember when he used to have a show on TV? I forget the channel- it was a long time ago- he used to have a mermaid or something in a tank, or was that just a girl- my memory does NOT serve me well:lmao:

Have you seen him live?! He puts on a great show.

Do you remember when he used to have a show on TV? I forget the channel- it was a long time ago- he used to have a mermaid or something in a tank, or was that just a girl- my memory does NOT serve me well:lmao:

no we haven't seen him :sad1:
But I do remember the show!!! It was awesome!!! Hmm..you could be right about the mermaid..or we could both just be crazy:rolleyes1

no we haven't seen him :sad1:
But I do remember the show!!! It was awesome!!! Hmm..you could be right about the mermaid..or we could both just be crazy:rolleyes1

:lmao: It was a mermaid, I Googled it:rotfl2: His show was on Showtime in 2001.

I got DH hooked on Chris when he heard "Baja Sessions"!:thumbsup2

BillCompton.jpg

What are you doing to me!? I said before- I would not give this guy a second look until I saw him as a vampire! :worship: Another thing he does well is, the evil eye thing- he always looks so serious, like in the pic ;)

Since we are posting pics of vampires- how about Peter and his real fangs- look close!:thumbsup2 (a pic I took from the Philly concert)

107.jpg

What are you doing to me!? I said before- I would not give this guy a second look until I saw him as a vampire! :worship: Another thing he does well is, the evil eye thing- he always looks so serious, like in the pic ;)

:lmao:

Since we are posting pics of vampires- how about Peter and his real fangs- look close!:thumbsup2 (a pic I took from the Philly concert)

107.jpg

I remember this photo, your too funny!

By the way, did you say that Chris Isaak sings the theme song for True Blood? It definitely sounds like him, I loved the song, is it Wicked Minds? Where he does the black & white video with Michael Hutchins (may he rest in peace!) old girlfriend, what's her name........ I know Helena Christenson! Anyway, I thought the song "Bad Things" is sung by some dude named Jace Everett. I could be wrong but I thought that's what the credits said because I was going to look for a cd or something.

And I really like that pic of Eric, I cannot access most of that stuff here at work, I keep getting entertainment blocks. Speaking of work I suppose I better get back to it, again!

I'll leave you with this one.....

JDforMDHTR.jpg

Anyway, I thought the song "Bad Things" is sung by some dude named Jace Everett. I could be wrong but I thought that's what the credits said because I was going to look for a cd or something.

OMG! I am so embarrased! :scared1: You are right about the song- I went on and on about Chris:lmao:

Look- I found this on The Suburban Vampire site while doing a search for the song:

Monday, September 29, 2008

True Blood theme song--no, it's not Chris Isaak

For those of you simply looking for more info about the True Blood theme song, the title is "Bad Things" by Jace Everett. No, it's not Chris Isaak.

I guess I am not the only ding dong!!!!

OMG! I am so embarrased! :scared1: You are right about the song- I went on and on about Chris:lmao:

Look- I found this on The Suburban Vampire site while doing a search for the song:

For those of you simply looking for more info about the True Blood theme song, the title is "Bad Things" by Jace Everett. No, it's not Chris Isaak.

Well like I said, it definitely sounds like him! But your right for them to add that it's not Chris Isaak, a lot of people thought it was.

So what are everyone's plans for the weekend? Anything fun going on in your area?

For me you already know that I'm doing the Halloween decorations, that will take both days. We're not doing much going out lately because we're saving our cashola for Disney. DH just called and said he's picking up some wine (I definitely have to be careful how much of that I drink, but thankfully a little is allowed on Atkins!), but in the evenings I have been scrapbooking my last Disney trip. Oh I just had a great thought, usually when I'm scrapbooking DH is on the computer searching for tunes to donwload onto the iPod, I will have him look for Bad Things! SWEET!

Good luck with your decorations- sorry I did not get to post any pics today- :guilty: If you are hanging any skeletons from a tree- hang one by it's feet- I did that, it looks pretty cool.;)

I just got my iPod and I have no idea what the heck to do with it:lmao: I have SIRIUS in the car and like to listen to that while I drive, I also put on SIRIUS or Live 365 on my laptop when I am working- what the HECK did I want an iPod for?:headache: :rotfl2: Just b/c I want to hang with the cool kids I guess:confused3 :laughing:

DH and I are going down the shore and spending the night. There is a big Flea Market in Ocean City tomorrow so I want to hit that and DH wants to get in one last sail before he takes the boat out of the water next weekend.

We are coming home on Saturday and going shopping for our dinner on Sunday- the family will be over. It is DHs b-day and he wants pasta with meat sauce for his first real meal after detoxing and I am getting a yummy carrot cake!:banana:

Have a great weekend everyone!

Good luck with your decorations- sorry I did not get to post any pics today- :guilty: If you are hanging any skeletons from a tree- hang one by it's feet- I did that, it looks pretty cool.;)

Thanks! And I will definitely hang a skeleton upside down, how cool is that!?:banana:

I just got my iPod and I have no idea what the heck to do with it:lmao: I have SIRIUS in the car and like to listen to that while I drive, I also put on SIRIUS or Live 365 on my laptop when I am working- what the HECK did I want an iPod for?:headache: :rotfl2: Just b/c I want to hang with the cool kids I guess:confused3 :laughing:

I would love SIRIUS in my car, but DH doesn't want to spend the money so I listen to my CD's. I've got a 6 CD changer so that gives me variety enough without having to pop CD's in & out. And I'm always listening to Live365 on my computer (no laptop yet, someday though I hope). Just an idea for you with the iPod, we purchased a speaker docking station for ours, it's not the iPod brand, we got it at Kohl's Dept. Store, it's called iFusion, and we take it on all of our trips so that we can listen to the iPod in our hotel/resort.

DH and I are going down the shore and spending the night. There is a big Flea Market in Ocean City tomorrow so I want to hit that and DH wants to get in one last sail before he takes the boat out of the water next weekend.

We are coming home on Saturday and going shopping for our dinner on Sunday- the family will be over. It is DHs b-day and he wants pasta with meat sauce for his first real meal after detoxing and I am getting a yummy carrot cake!:banana:

Sounds like a great time! Have fun and happy shopping! Tell DH to be careful eating normal food after that detox, that could wreak hovoc on a persons body.:eek:

well we can forgive you...I haven't started watching the show yet :guilty: But I guess I now need to start watching it on demand and get caught up! and check out the theme song..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter