Marriott's Cypress Harbour--any opinons?

friskykitten

Mouseketeer
Staying onsite at Universal Studios for this four day trip will be way too expensive for our family of six, so we have gotten a rate of $157/night for a 2BDR/2BA Villa at Cypress Harbour. This will be our first stay there and I am wondering about others experiences with it. We are used to staying in villas as we are DVC owners but we ran out of points......again!

If anyone has any information on what this resort is like I would love to hear it. Where can you eat if you don't feel like cooking, what kind of activities are available, any mini-golf? What about the swimming facilities and playgrounds? Any idea how far it is from Universal? Thanks for all the advice!! :bounce:

Hi Frisky,
we were there about two years ago, stayed a couple of nights. The rooms are ( in my opinion) excellent, as is the general accomadation. I vaguely remember a pizza place and a shop which sold most of everything you could want. I can't remember if there were any restaurants or not, we didn't use them.

All in all I would stay there again no problem.

Universal is about 10 minutes away and Sea World is nearby.

We own at OKW and at Cypress Harbour. To us, OKW is great. Cypress Harbour is not quite up to it, but it's not far behind. The room sizes are about the same; just a different layout...Several pools; a boating lake; an activity center; and a snack bar type eating facility; not unlike Goods to Go. No sit down restaurant on the grounds. Cypress Harbour appears to be off the beaten path, but its a short hop to most places, including the I-4/535 intersection with many eating places. I think you'll enjoy it.:smooth:

We enjoyed our week last February at Marriott Cypress Harbour. The playgrounds are small and not anything special. I remember seeing some kids playing basketball at a hoop that was set up near the activities center. We drove about 5-10 minutes down IDrive for all the chain resturants. The 2 pools are nice. One afternoon when we weren't at the parks and actually hung out at the pool, we enjoyed a band playing poolside. The price seems right, so enjoy!

Thanks for all the replies!! This is a pretty short vacation so there isn't much reason for a lot of flair. Just a place all six of us can stay in one "unit". Still we require it to be nice. We also own at OKW:cool:!! So hearing it is similar is a comfort! We would have liked to rent points but $157/night is still cheaper than $10/point rental considering it covers a weekend. Ugh!

Florida here we come!!

You will not be disappointed. We are accustomed to staying on property at Disney and received a great deal last summer at Marriotts Cypress Harbour, that we added it on to our Poly stay. We were there 6 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our trip. It was definitely a first class place and I think you will have a great time!

Cypress Harbour... Where can you eat if you don't feel like cooking
The Marriott Cypress Harbour web page lists Pizza Hut, a deli and a TCBY onsite. But I second the suggestion to drive a mile north or so on I-Drive. Every chain restaurant imaginable is out there, as well as fun-looking, themed mini-golf. This is the attractive area of I-Drive, near the Convention Center. It's nearby and very pedestrian-friendly too, once you drive over there. Universal is perhaps 10 minutes, your door to parking lots. Sea World is 5. Enjoy! :)

We just booked at this resort, never have stayed here and wondering about a few things. From the website photos, the place looks huge. How spread out is it, will we be worn out by the time we walk to the pool, and what location should we request, if any are better? How many minutes drive to WDW? Is there maid service?

We have always stayed on site at the moderates, but the kids are older now and the privacy & space have become more important for us. Its also amazing to me the amenities we are getting for $158.00/nite!! 2 bdrms, full kitchen, 2 baths, whirlpool tub, laundry, and the place looks gorgeous from the web photos.:smooth:

This is our favorite place to stay--and we have stayed in many! There are 3 pools spaced around the lake, and so each building is pretty close to at least one. There is also a free pontoon boat ride across the lake if you find you are at one end and want to quickly get to the other. The pools are really heated, especially the 'island' pool (the one with the Shamu and waterfall). You'll have a great time!!

daisy2000- We had daily maid service, but we booked directly not thru a a RCI exchange. I don't know how you booked. The property is big. We always drove to the pool or front area where th snack shop is located. You could request an area, but we prefer being away from the noisy pool area and visited it when we wanted :smooth: Any other questions?

Thanks for the replies! Dreamer, we booked direct too. The only other question was how many minutes to WDW? Its been such a long time since we've stayed off property. How long would you say from our door to MK gates, including parking at TTC & monorail ride? Thanks! :)

Hi Daisy - One night after Illuminations I timed the drive. From the parking spot at EPCOT to the parking spot at Cypress Harbour was 11 minutes. During the morning I'd guess the drive time to be double to a parking spot at MK than plan on the trolly ride to TTC or boat. I'd give it an hour for the 1st time and then see how it works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter