Marvelous May 2021 Exercise Thread

Good morning and congratulations on getting those minutes in everyone!
We have one really bigger mover on our minute sheet - Sophy1996 is above 50% and our first to Hawkeye purple! Of course, walking around the parks is a bit of an advantage - we're all jealous Sophy. Very jealous.

EmilyGahr, Bonnie F, and Raya (that's me!) made it to 25%, or orange. Great work!

Today's hero inspiration, from Captain Marvel who you've probably heard of. In her movie she's young and sassy, in the comics she's well over 40! (Which makes sense when you think about how long it takes to reach the rank of Captain.) The neat thing about Captain Marvel – she was broken before she became a super hero. While she’d fought her way to being a Captain and a fighter pilot (no easy feat) it wasn’t until she was almost killed by the infinity stone that she received super strength. So in the spirit of Captain Marvel, remember sometimes being broken makes you into something better.

13.-Captain-Marvel.png

Regardless of where you are or what you can do, remember that the best for you is always possible.

5/6 26
5/7 27
5/8 42
5/9 36

I'm trying to make sure I get my exercise in while I'm feeling good.
I go for my 11 round of chemo on Thursday. I'm debating either shaving my hair off or cutting it short. It has thinned so much due to chemo. Because I had so much hair before, most people don't realize how much it has thinned out

May 6th -- 27
May 7th -- 61
May 8th -- 21
May 9th -- 80

Total -- 543/1800

I will make up some time this week. Thursday we were at the dealership looking at a new car and then when we go home DH and DS got on the treadmill so I called it a night instead of getting on at 8:30ish. Saturday was several hours at the dealership (yay! I got a new car) then we drove around for several hours to see our mom's. DH's mom lives 60ish miles away.

590 minutes since last check in - horses (still cannot ride but he has been turned out so chores have lessened), walking, growwithjo, pilates, resistance bands, our parks with lucianne videos on youtube (practical, short sessions, easy to do inside)

925/2500

@BonnieF, did you hear Broadway returns Sept 14th?! Hope that means the traveling shows will also resume this year!

@ljcrochet, wishing you the best with your next chemo round.

@Raya, sorry about your migraine. Love the analogy to a baby with colic! : )

@PollyannaMom, I haven't forgotten your recent loss. How are you all doing?

@piglet1979, congrats on the new car!

@PollyannaMom, I haven't forgotten your recent loss. How are you all doing?

Thanks for asking. I'm doing OK. DH is mostly OK - some days are rougher than others. DS was hit hard by it himself, but is still trying to be there for his cousin. (They are both only children, so have always been close.)

DH's uncle sent us a yellow rose to plant in BIL's memory, and the cat checks on it every day:

@BonnieF, did you hear Broadway returns Sept 14th?! Hope that means the traveling shows will also resume this year!
I did, and I'm sooooo excited!!! First up will be taking my 7 yr. old granddaughter to see The Lion King. I'm hoping she will be able to get the vaccine before we go. Then, we'll have to decide what the adults want to see. There are a few new shows coming . Life is resuming, slowly but surely! I actually sat at a bar this weekend :cool1:

60 minutes in the garden today, planting and transplanting. My daughter-in-law has been a great help - she's weeded most of it for me, but I still like getting my hands in the dirt! We had a wonderful show of pink - the cherry trees, lilacs, redbud, and dogwoods all in bloom simultaneously - it was breathtaking this year! The peonies and irises are next - I counted 75 iris stalks, so far!

270/700

Thanks for asking. I'm doing OK. DH is mostly OK - some days are rougher than others. DS was hit hard by it himself, but is still trying to be there for his cousin. (They are both only children, so have always been close.)

DH's uncle sent us a yellow rose to plant in BIL's memory, and the cat checks on it every day:

View attachment 574513

What a pretty and considerate kitty!

May 11th -- 60
May 12 -- 26

Total -- 689/1800

It has been a rough week. I have not wanted to get on the treadmill in the afternoon. It will be nice this weekend so I am hoping to go for a bike ride or two but we will see. Kids are getting the first dose of the vaccine tonight so we will have to see how they are doing.

Hi everyone! Sorry to be so quiet this week - I never realized how much running around I do until I told myself I'd check the page every day. Whoops! Here's my end of the week update:
Tuesday, 42 minute
Wednesday 38 & 23 minutes (two walks, crazy day!)
Thursday, 46 minutes (one nice long walk.)

441/550!!!!!!!!!!!

This month is going so much better than any other month this year! And I haven't even gotten today's walk in yet. Go me!

Congratulations to the heroes that soared on to a new color this week!
ljcrocet, Twilight Sparkle, pollyanna mom, piglet all broke through to orange!
EmilyGahr made it to purple!
Raya (that's me :P) made it to pink!

pixiedust:As a team, we're at 40%, on target for half way through the month!pixiedust:
And since we are just about half-way through the month, I want to remind everyone that however you did in the first half of the month, you can still soar through the second half! Focus on what you could do, not what you've done in the past. :)
Captain_marvel3.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter