Matt's Fall, 2019 adventure with Club 33 and 21 Royal

But your bbq/smoker skills are legendary and those drinks you make...!!! Plus you have all the authentic bar gear to hold an amazing tiki party :)
Ha!! I do entertain well if I must admit.

It really is awesome to meet friends through Disney. I was just looking at some old Dapper Day pics on my phone, and it's hard to believe your girls were so little!
Such good memories. I can still remember the girls running around at the grand and one of them tripping and unfortunately tearing the fabric of that vintage dress that time. That was an amazing trip and fun time though! Your and Nancy's new/old C33 dresses are still the talk of the town.

DSC_2337%20(Large).jpg

Last edited:
Although I'm not looking at the pictures in great deal as I really do hope to do this experience myself, I am very l am enjoying the details about the drinks and looking forward to the food :) :)
Lovely dapper pictures!

I've always loved that master bathtub area. The first time I did the WiWF tour, I really wanted do fiberoptics and glass tile for my own tub area. Of course, the hubs shot that idea down.

Very enjoyable writeup, Matt!

Although I'm not looking at the pictures in great deal as I really do hope to do this experience myself, I am very l am enjoying the details about the drinks and looking forward to the food :) :)
Lovely dapper pictures!

I promise, looking won't spoil the magic. You know you want to.

Now I'll take you back to where we started. If instead of going left, you went right, you'll enter the Frontierland Suite which is set an angle off of the main salon.

DSC_3677%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3679%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3681%20(Large).jpg

The magic button in this room makes the concept art print for Disneyland light up, and the train in the tray along the top of the room comes to life, leaves its glass case and makes its way around the room spreading animating magic to all it passes. You'll hear cougars roar, the crossing signal lights up and makes the iconic train coming sound, a harmonica plays and the horse comes to life whinnying and moving its head, steam whistle a blaring, as it passes the model sailing ship, it rocks on heavy seas before the train slows with a long whistle and pulls back into station amid a hiss of steam.

DSC_3514%20(Large).jpg

Immediately after entering the room, you'll find a dresser to your right followed by a door to your right. This is the guest room's bathroom.

DSC_3532%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3535%20(Large).jpg

If you skipped turning for the bathroom and kept walking through the door at the far side of the suite, you'd find Walt and Roy's patio. There is NO BETTER PLACE to watch Fantasmic! anywhere in the park, including Club 33. Such a beautiful vista, and so good, the control room for Fantasmic is actually above the patio. I could literally just spend my entire day at Disneyland up here watching the goings on of New Orleans Square and sipping a Mint Julep with some beignets.

DSC_3536%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3542%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3545%20(Large).jpg

Remember our impromptu cocktail party in what is now the Club 33 'office' in GCH? The hotel was sure keeping a watchful eye on us! I was always amazed at Amy's creations; those outfits she makes are incredible. Here are some old pics.

Love the pictures you've posted! I've never been in the Salon/Gallery Suite.

Attachments

• 20150301_154901.jpg
    20150301_154901.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 20150301_161249.jpg
    20150301_161249.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 20150301_161325.jpg
    20150301_161325.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 20150301_161335.jpg
    20150301_161335.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 84
  • matt1.jpg
    matt1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 20140912_170819_resized.jpg
    20140912_170819_resized.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 78
Remember our impromptu cocktail party in what is now the Club 33 'office' in GCH? The hotel was sure keeping a watchful eye on us! I was always amazed at Amy's creations; those outfits she makes are incredible. Here are some old pics.

Love the pictures you've posted! I've never been in the Salon/Gallery Suite.

Cheri, I NEED the high-res versions of those pics!!!! The two oldest girls in that second pic are absolutely adorable.

When we met in the Hearthstone, the DisUnplugged peeps were there. Meeting Tom and Mary was soo good. They even mentioned it when I was on the podcast.

Such a beautiful vista, and so good, the control room for Fantasmic is actually above the patio. I could literally just spend my entire day at Disneyland up here watching the goings on of New Orleans Square and sipping a Mint Julep with some beignets.
Don't you love how no one ever looks up?

Don't you love how no one ever looks up?

I feel like an anomaly. I'm ALWAYS looking up/back and checking out all the details that makes Disneyland so special and not just "another theme park".

My friends are the same, in fact I remember one time at the club, we were on the balcony, and I hear "Hey Matt!!!!" Joe was down in NOS and noticed us on the balcony. He got a GREAT pic for our Christmas card.

DSC_9268%20(Large).jpg

IMG_1457%20(Large).jpg

I occasionally have get togethers at my place, but I'm always working on projects, so the outside is a disaster since I am never done.
DH and I both went to school for diesel mechanics. So you can imagine the disaster of our home with both of us tearing stuff apart. And eventually putting them back together. 🤦‍♀️

We have a 74 f150 that's been in the backyard since Oct 2019 that was his HS truck he wants to fix up. But since then he's converted his 97? ZJ Cherokee into a rock crawler, rebuilt both our bikes and my quad. Done a van conversion, and the 74' has yet to be touched. It will be so nice when we get our shop started this year so his truck can go live there as he works on it. And hopefully sell the fan this month (I can't stand that thing :crazy2:).

And since we live in an HOA that has strict vehicle visibility rules, our garage and backyard are constantly playing the shuffle game :oops:

Luckily most our neighbors have a similar mindset so we don't have any issues with them.

I feel like an anomaly. I'm ALWAYS looking up/back and checking out all the details that makes Disneyland so special and not just "another theme park".

My friends are the same, in fact I remember one time at the club, we were on the balcony, and I hear "Hey Matt!!!!" Joe was down in NOS and noticed us on the balcony. He got a GREAT pic for our Christmas card.

DSC_9268%20(Large).jpg

IMG_1457%20(Large).jpg
Wow...that's an amazing co-ink-a-dink.

Beautiful Christmas photo and amazing TR!!
For real! That picture couldn't have turned out any better, even if they planned it. Well done.

DH and I both went to school for diesel mechanics. So you can imagine the disaster of our home with both of us tearing stuff apart. And eventually putting them back together. 🤦‍♀️

We have a 74 f150 that's been in the backyard since Oct 2019 that was his HS truck he wants to fix up. But since then he's converted his 97? ZJ Cherokee into a rock crawler, rebuilt both our bikes and my quad. Done a van conversion, and the 74' has yet to be touched. It will be so nice when we get our shop started this year so his truck can go live there as he works on it. And hopefully sell the fan this month (I can't stand that thing :crazy2:).

And since we live in an HOA that has strict vehicle visibility rules, our garage and backyard are constantly playing the shuffle game :oops:

Luckily most our neighbors have a similar mindset so we don't have any issues with them.

HA! I remember my 91XJ rock crawler being torn apart in the garage. Right now my 52 Willys wagon is at my other house because my garage is full of house projects when it should be full of vehicle projects.

Last edited:
HA! I remember my 91XJ rock crawler being torn apart in the garage. Right now my 52 Willys wagon is at my other house because my garage is full of house projects when it should be full of vehicle projects.
These are two of the many projects DH is working on at work. The jeep is actually a Willys style go kart jeep that he's building a roll cage on.
1.png2.png

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing experience! I am dying over the pictures.I told DH that for my 40th I want to do this. He only has a year and a half to plan it out 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter