Maui coming as meet and greet?

TheDisneyDebater

Earning My Ears
With the upcoming release of Moana Way of Water could we possibly see a meet and greet for the big man Maui I would love to see him in his Parade Costume, he would certainly be a good character to get a good picture with and he would be good for children as many kids have probably seen Moana so he is a recognisable character unlike some others for example, Figment is rumoured to get a meet and greet and not many younger people know him and it’s them a reason to go to Epcot.

I feel Maui would be an odd one unless he was done right.
I read this as Maul and was excited beyond belief 😥. Maui is good, too…
They used to have Darth Maul as a character the kids could fight in the Jedi Academy at HS. My kids "fought" him back in 2015. (Not my kid)

54b1fe7e02a77d58088acf826864ce40.jpg

Didn't Disney pull the Maui costumes because there were some in the Hawai'an community that thought it was a disrespectful representation of sacred tattoos? Not sure how they could get around that with a meet & greet character.

Maui is present during the Magic Happens parade at Disneyland.

Moana-Maui-Float-Magic-Happens-Parade-Disneyland-1.jpg

I don't think we'll see Maui - I can't imagine how they would cast that unless it was a mascot style (see below). Human characters who do not talk are rare. And like the Beast, it will be very difficult to cast unless they go the route of Shanghai and he is more like Baymax. Honestly if it looks like this "troll doll" style I'd rather not.

Maui1.png

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/maui-makes-his-first-disney-park-appearance-in-shanghai-disneyland/

I read this as Maul and was excited beyond belief 😥. Maui is good, too…
Was a great meet at Star Wars Weekends. Sure miss those - def was a top notch event.

I don't think we'll see Maui - I can't imagine how they would cast that unless it was a mascot style (see below). Human characters who do not talk are rare. And like the Beast, it will be very difficult to cast unless they go the route of Shanghai and he is more like Baymax. Honestly if it looks like this "troll doll" style I'd rather not.

Maui1.png

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/maui-makes-his-first-disney-park-appearance-in-shanghai-disneyland/

Was a great meet at Star Wars Weekends. Sure miss those - def was a top notch

Oops - sorry. Replied to the wrong comment!

Maui1.png

Was a great meet at Star Wars Weekends. Sure miss those - def was a top notch event.
Yep, I lived in Orlando when SW Weekends were a thing - Ah, the good ole’ days…

Didn't Disney pull the Maui costumes because there were some in the Hawai'an community that thought it was a disrespectful representation of sacred tattoos? Not sure how they could get around that with a meet & greet character.
Not so much the tattoos as it was the darker toned "flesh" fabric leading to people claiming blackface type situations.

I don't think we will ever see a Maui character from Moana being used for meet and greets in either Walt Disney World or Disneyland because for one thing Maui would have to be a masked character and not a face character and it would be very difficult to find character actors that could play the Maui role perfectly. And if they did have a Maui character he wouldn't be able to sign autographs because of his hands so I think it won't happen in the future

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter