Maxpass availability throughout the day

Can someone please explain what is a "cancelled fastpass" is?
Thank you!
When you book a FP on the app, you have the option to cancel it, and then it goes back into the pool that Maxpass users can pull from. So on Saturday, TSMM FPs were gone for the day, but then at 3:13, one for 8:10-9:00 showed up. That means someone had that and cancelled it. We've gotten obviously-cancelled GOTG FPs a couple of times.

As a word of warning, if you don't click on and confirm those fast, they disappear before you can confirm them! You'll get an apology message saying that it's no longer available.

When you book a FP on the app, you have the option to cancel it, and then it goes back into the pool that Maxpass users can pull from. So on Saturday, TSMM FPs were gone for the day, but then at 3:13, one for 8:10-9:00 showed up. That means someone had that and cancelled it. We've gotten obviously-cancelled GOTG FPs a couple of times.

As a word of warning, if you don't click on and confirm those fast, they disappear before you can confirm them! You'll get an apology message saying that it's no longer available.
Ahhh......I feel a little dumb now : )
Thanks for the clear explanation to what should have been obvious to me!

What percentage of people do your dissers think use Maxpass? I'm still on the fence about it. Our one-day trip turned into a three day and now I don't think we particularly need MP. I'm mostly hesitant about it because I don't want to be fooling with my phone all day. I guess I could just purchase one day of MP and try it. The Disneyland website adds it to all your ticket days when you purchase online though. Decisions, decisions.

What percentage of people do your dissers think use Maxpass? I'm still on the fence about it. Our one-day trip turned into a three day and now I don't think we particularly need MP. I'm mostly hesitant about it because I don't want to be fooling with my phone all day. I guess I could just purchase one day of MP and try it. The Disneyland website adds it to all your ticket days when you purchase online though. Decisions, decisions.
You don't have to buy it with your tickets, though. You can just buy the tickets without it, and then decide on a daily basis whether you want MP or not. There's no benefit to buying it with your tickets.

I have no idea about the percentage (although anecdotally, it's growing; I see LOTS of people booking their FPs on their phone now). Maxpass is awesome, though, so I'd definitely at least try it out for a day. As far as fooling with your phone all day, you'll probably book somewhere between 9-12 FPs if you're there all day and using the system efficiently, so that's not really THAT much time on your phone. You just pull it out, open the app, look at available FPs, book one, and then you're done...

I always screenshot my FP confirmation screen so I can glance at it in my photos instead of opening the app if I need to double-check the time on it or see when I can book my next one.

is that one of those tickets available with an Anaheim convention? there was a question on another thread wondering if the convention walk-in gate on Katella was still being used.

Training at Disneyland hotel. Tickets are through the hotel, I'll be walking over from there. Or taking the monorail.

I'm interested in how this goes during the summer. I have a one-park, half-day (4:00 entrance) ticket for one day of my trip, and my husband wants me to get a MaxPass when I go into DL. He and my kids have all-day parkhoppers, and will be getting MaxPasses when they go in for MM (we're staying on property). I'm watching to see if I can get at least three fast passes between 4:00 and midnight, when the park closes. Pirates will also have MaxPass by then (mid-July), and So Cal APs will be blocked.

So I liked your post! Thanks for the info.[/QUOTH

How do you get a one-park, half-day ticket?

It’s one of the options of special discounted tickets only available through conferences, using a purchase link provided to conference attendees. The idea is that people go to the conference during the bulk of the day & then use their “twilight ticket” after they’re done listening to lectures.

It's an included "social event" for a training conference. I have the option of either going on a designated day, or using the ticket for entry on another day. It's included in the cost of the conference. The vendor for the event purchased the tickets, and the conference is taking place at the hotel.

Another round of Maxpass availability from today (Thursday, 5/24). I didn't get there until the afternoon... busier day today (as expected with it being the last day of the SoCal ticket offer). I will say that there were MASSIVE amounts of school groups, but they seem unlikely to be using Maxpass, so I'm not sure how that affects the return times vs. what you'd see on a comparable crowd day without school groups.

At 1:47pm, here's what was available:
At DL:

IASW: 1:50-2:50
Buzz: 2:05-3:05
Haunted Mansion: 2:35-3:35
Splash Mountain: 2:35-3:35 *once again, chilly
Roger Rabbit: 2:40-3:40
Big Thunder: 3:05-4:05
Star Tours: 3:40-4:40
Indiana Jones: 5:05-6:05
Matterhorn: 5:10-6:10
Hyperspace: 7:05-8:05
At DCA:
Grizzly: 1:50-2:50
Goofy's: 2:40-3:40
Toy Story MM: 3:00-4:00 (I would guess this was a cancelled FP?)
Soarin': 3:00-4:00
GOTG: 5:25-6:25
RSR: 8:45-9:45

At 4:19:
At DL:

IASW: 4:20-5:20
Buzz: 4:55-5:55
Roger Rabbit: 5:30-6:30
Haunted Mansion: 5:35-6:35
Splash Mountain: 5:45-6:45
Big Thunder: 6:15-7:15
Star Tours: 6:55-7:55
Indiana Jones: 8:40-9:40
Matterhorn: 9:25-10:25
Hyperspace: 10:20-11:20
At DCA:
Grizzly: 4:20-5:20
Goofy's: 5:50-6:50
Soarin': 7:05-8:05
TSMM, GOTG, and RSR: gone

At 8:55pm:
At DL:

IASW: 9:00-10:00
Buzz: 9:15-10:15
Haunted Mansion 9:05-10:05
Splash Mountain: 9:10-10:10
Big Thunder: 11:00-12:00
Star Tours: 11:00-12:00
Everything else: gone
At DCA:
Grizzly: 9:00-10:00
Everything else: gone

I'm curious why Matterhorn was a more popular FP than Indiana Jones today... maybe one broke down or something?

I have a question re: 5/24 example.

At 1:47 if you had pulled that RSR for 8:45-9:45 (to ride in dark) would you have been able to pull another MaxPassFP at 3:17PM?

I have a question re: 5/24 example.

At 1:47 if you had pulled that RSR for 8:45-9:45 (to ride in dark) would you have been able to pull another MaxPassFP at 3:17PM?

Yes. 90 minutes after you pull one you can grab your next, regardless of return time. It can be less than 90 minutes if you are able to redeem sooner, but it won't be longer than 90. This is actually a great MP/FP strategy for those taking midday breaks. Before your break, pull a ride for much later that day (like RSR for after dark) and then you can still grab another in 90 minutes, even before you resume touring.

Yes. 90 minutes after you pull one you can grab your next, regardless of return time. It can be less than 90 minutes if you are able to redeem sooner, but it won't be longer than 90. This is actually a great MP/FP strategy for those taking midday breaks.
The only exception from this rule is a fast pass for the same ride. Though you can get a FP for another ride, the system will not allow you to hold two FPs for the same ride at the same time (unless they changed their policy about this). I learned that the “hard” way. When RSR was fairly new (so before MP) I pulled FPs upon opening that were about 3 or 4 hours out. Two hours later, a second round of FPs would have been perfect for an evening return time but, to my surprise at the time, I couldn’t get them because the first set hadn’t been used yet. Of course by the time we had used them all RSR FPs were gone. One of those cases when I tried to be extra-smart & was simply missing a piece of information...

The only exception from this rule is a fast pass for the same ride. Though you can get a FP for another ride, the system will not allow you to hold two FPs for the same ride at the same time (unless they changed their policy about this). I learned that the “hard” way. When RSR was fairly new (so before MP) I pulled FPs upon opening that were about 3 or 4 hours out. Two hours later, a second round of FPs would have been perfect for an evening return time but, to my surprise at the time, I couldn’t get them because the first set hadn’t been used yet. Of course by the time we had used them all RSR FPs were gone. One of those cases when I tried to be extra-smart & was simply missing a piece of information...

Yes, good point. You can't get a second FP for a ride until you use your first. Thanks for clarifying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter