May ‘21 Quick Dining Reviews w/Photos

Your reviews are great and very helpful! We are headed to Topolino's next month and I've been considering the sole (b/c of course I'm obsessing over menus a month ahead of time) but maybe I will stick with the filet and truffled mash. Decisions, decisions. :) Sorry to hear about the odd service experience at Wine Bar George. Hopefully just an anomaly. We've always had a great time there and your food looks delicious. Love exploring new wines there. Totally agreed on lackluster MK dining options.

Your reviews are great and very helpful! We are headed to Topolino's next month and I've been considering the sole (b/c of course I'm obsessing over menus a month ahead of time) but maybe I will stick with the filet and truffled mash. Decisions, decisions. :) Sorry to hear about the odd service experience at Wine Bar George. Hopefully just an anomaly. We've always had a great time there and your food looks delicious. Love exploring new wines there. Totally agreed on lackluster MK dining options.

Haha- I do the same about obsessing over menus! WBG was definitely an anomaly. We still had a great time with amazing wines and food! 🍷

Totally agree! Those sides with the lamb were just weird and didn’t taste good. Also had a strange mix of textures in there. I’m confident that it will get better. Really hoping they bring back brunch soon!
I agree with you. We always love our apps but not so much our entrees. This go around, we are doing apps and drinks, and maybe some sushi. Lovin' your reviews!

Narcoossee’s
Uber’ed over to the Grand Floridian for another favorite. We had an amazing table, right by the window. Too bad there were no fireworks! We did get to see some of the electrical water pageant, which was awesome! This nostalgic piece of Disney made us so appreciative and we enjoyed this evening immensely. A lot has gone on over the last 15 months (as with everyone), and I was just SO thankful to be at Disney. We had a great server and a fab dinner!

We both had the same appetizer and main course here (I know, that’s boring)- lobster bisque and the lobster tail special (twin lobster tails). Instead of surf and turf, we had surf and surf. We also had a bottle of Chardonnay. Quality was excellent but DH thought the lobster tails were too small. I think he was remembering the whole lobster they used to serve pre-COVID and was missing it. Lol! He’s literally had dreams about that whole lobster. Hope it returns to the menu! I would get this again, but think DH would order something different next time. Dessert was the infamous almond crusted cheesecake and French press coffee. The stuff of dreams!!! This is my favorite dessert on property.

DH ordered the plant-based carrot cake (no pic because it was on DH’s phone and he deleted it!). The server warned him that it wasn’t a traditional carrot cake and had no cream cheese icing. She was trying to set expectations, which we appreciated. He ended up liking it and I thought it was good for a plant-based option as well. It had a great carrot cake flavor and wasn’t dry like I thought it would be. All in all, it was a fantastic evening!

Lobster bisque
1E27040C-FB18-48B3-9098-F5B8F3BEEA1A.jpeg

Wine
EC5CCB9C-CAC1-4FD0-A891-74CA9B007CC6.jpeg

Wine with bread and butter in background
E130E6E6-2F43-413A-9519-77289B2B5748.jpeg

Twin lobster tails with mashed potatoes and roasted veggies
1B4AC7B3-DABE-447F-BF21-329CA2014A49.jpeg

Coffee
4DE9D7B7-4C00-4386-B9ED-11FD04E41A0F.jpeg

Almond crusted cheesecake

54B374E4-F158-42BB-AD3E-297E16BAC18A.jpeg

Beaches and Cream

This was our first time in the renovated location. Miss the old space but the new one is still charming and can accommodate more diners. We both had cheeseburgers and fries, and we shared the brownie ala mode. Now this is DH’s favorite dessert on property and he actually had dreams about this brownie sundae during WDW shut down!!! Everything was really good. I kept reading that the quality of the burgers had declined but we didn’t find that to be the case. Just classic, good, comfort food!

Cheeseburger and fries
05E0A10A-F08F-4696-AC88-51E0C054409B.jpeg

Brownie ala mode
663E1CD1-93DA-4982-9B15-9D3BB4D33ADA.jpeg

Via Napoli 2
Second meal here and last dinner of the trip! We had our traditional pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms and mugs of Peroni. Absolutely delish! Love this meal so much. Our server this time was not as great but still did a good job. No dessert here because we were saving room for the pistachio gelato outside at the new stand. It was the best way to end a fantastic trip!

We left the resort at 5am the next morning so no more Disney meals. This was also our last trip on our TIW card. May was the last month to use it with our extension for when the parks were closed. Almost every server reminded us that it wouldn’t be accepted after 5/31. I know they were doing their jobs, but it annoyed me to hear it after the first few times. Disney- bring this back!!! Hopefully they will after the closed restaurants reopen. If not, we will adjust our food/drink budget accordingly.

Thanks for reading! We have another trip coming up in less than 2 weeks!

Pizza
A0FA1BD4-3CD1-499B-AAC9-FF3BED4A9F82.jpeg

Beer with pizza
3A71090E-7BF9-4090-AA17-B071D11519A5.jpeg

Sad to leave this…

E0E080A7-1574-4126-8001-63E35807B999.jpeg

Thanks so much for sharing. Loving all the food and wine! We are trying Topolino's for the first time in a few weeks and that veal looks divine.

OMG - Narcoossee's still offers Cakebread Chardonnay? It's my fave and so many Disney restaurants seemed to have stopped carrying it, even by the bottle. I may need to visit just to have the wine, haha. Totally agree with you on Beaches & Cream being great comfort food -- I love that burger. And there's just nothing better than Via Napoli pizza! Hope you will do another report after your upcoming trip! Have fun!!!

Thanks so much for sharing. Loving all the food and wine! We are trying Topolino's for the first time in a few weeks and that veal looks divine.

You are one of my idols for dining reports!!! I’ve been a long time lurker but decided to start posting some quick reviews. Hope you have an amazing trip! And yes, that veal was one of my favorites from the trip. Enjoy! 🥂

OMG - Narcoossee's still offers Cakebread Chardonnay? It's my fave and so many Disney restaurants seemed to have stopped carrying it, even by the bottle. I may need to visit just to have the wine, haha. Totally agree with you on Beaches & Cream being great comfort food -- I love that burger. And there's just nothing better than Via Napoli pizza! Hope you will do another report after your upcoming trip! Have fun!!!

YES!!!! Same here, love that wine and it’s now hard to find at Disney. Narcoossee’s had it by the bottle only. And when we ordered it, the server went to make sure they actually had it. She said it’s really popular.

I will absolutely do another review. I’ll do better at taking pics of everything, lol! We have some of the same restaurants (Disney needs to open more!), but also some different ones. And excited for some new experiences- first time at Oga’s and doing the Sangria University! Thanks for reading and commenting!

You are one of my idols for dining reports!!! I’ve been a long time lurker but decided to start posting some quick reviews. Hope you have an amazing trip! And yes, that veal was one of my favorites from the trip. Enjoy! 🥂
Wow, thanks so much!!!! So happy to see you've decided to post your report. We've all been there at one time or another but IMO there can never be enough Disney food on these boards.

Via Napoli 2
Second meal here and last dinner of the trip! We had our traditional pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms and mugs of Peroni. Absolutely delish! Love this meal so much. Our server this time was not as great but still did a good job. No dessert here because we were saving room for the pistachio gelato outside at the new stand. It was the best way to end a fantastic trip!

We left the resort at 5am the next morning so no more Disney meals. This was also our last trip on our TIW card. May was the last month to use it with our extension for when the parks were closed. Almost every server reminded us that it wouldn’t be accepted after 5/31. I know they were doing their jobs, but it annoyed me to hear it after the first few times. Disney- bring this back!!! Hopefully they will after the closed restaurants reopen. If not, we will adjust our food/drink budget accordingly.

Thanks for reading! We have another trip coming up in less than 2 weeks!

Pizza
View attachment 581233

Beer with pizza
View attachment 581235

Sad to leave this…

View attachment 581237

We didn‘t see the pepperoni and mushroom on the online menu. Did you have to ask, or was the menu different at the restaurant?

Thank you so much for your dining reviews! Loved your report-we seem to have very similar tastes in restaurants ;)

We didn‘t see the pepperoni and mushroom on the online menu. Did you have to ask, or was the menu different at the restaurant?

Even though it’s not on the online menu, they still have the option for “build your own” pizza where you pay for toppings separately. That’s what we did!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter