May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves...May 2008 Repo Thread...Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might as well make my first post on the new thread to do with magnet designs again...

Nan here is the one you requested. I think I got it right...

2441687319_74bfc1c85f.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3280/2441687319_5f4ef76d2e_o.jpg

Now I'm off to make myself a Coconut Cola. Back in a jiffy.

ok a cruise question - anyone doing the dolphin thingy - my son really wants to do it but at 189 each is it something they will never forget? is it really worth $800 for us to do as a family?

Any thoughts?

of course if I do decide to do it I need to be drinking so I can use that as an excuse for booking it :cool1:

ok a cruise question - anyone doing the dolphin thingy - my son really wants to do it but at 189 each is it something they will never forget? is it really worth $800 for us to do as a family?

Any thoughts?

of course if I do decide to do it I need to be drinking so I can use that as an excuse for booking it :cool1:

I have booked this too. But i am not sure if I will keep it since it is so expensive.

What are everyone's best suggestions for gifts for CM's?
I know this was discussed a couple of months ago, but I completely forgot about getting gifts for the non-tipped positions on the ship (i.e. CM's in the kids clubs). I think the most common suggestions were DVD's, Walmart gift cards, and food (candy). Does that sound about right?

Lori,

That sounds about right. They don't have much room in their bunks and all those are fairly small and missed items in life on the ship.

Pj

Any thoughts?

I don't know which one you are talking about doing, I think part of it might depend on which experience. We are doing one in PV on our own, where the dolphins push you and are also doing a sea lion swim after. There are 5 of us, that really hurt$! It is our one real excursion, I sure hope it is worth it.

CRUISE INFO!!

Bracelets are in.

I know there are some of you that requested that they be mailed to you. I would not be able to get them out until Monday.

Please let me know if you DO NOTwant them mailed to you any longer

other options are:
DTD meet 5/9 at 430p
Fishlips meet 5/9 at 530p (I believe)
HY MCO meet 5/9 to the left of the front desk (6pmish)
At the port (or the bus) 5/10

THANKS!!

Thanks!
...and I'm here.:flower3:

No Accoutrements from Bulgaria Have Arrived!

I knew that question was burning in everyone's minds.

Not burning, but I have wondered about it since I haven't been able to read the last 180 pages on the other thread.

I'm doing pretty good on this one, though.:goodvibes

I know this was discussed a couple of months ago, but I completely forgot about getting gifts for the non-tipped positions on the ship (i.e. CM's in the kids clubs). I think the most common suggestions were DVD's, Walmart gift cards, and food (candy). Does that sound about right?

What's the best time to give the CM's your gifts??? I thought some candy etc at the beginning and then do the gift cards at the end...

Anyone know??

Just in case the last thread closes and no one goes back to read it! (Like that would ever happen!!:lmao: ) I am reposting my update. I hope to get back on line sometime this weekend, but very busy. Have to go move laundry to the dryer and head to bed.

Hi everyone, Just catching up again

Docs arrived in the mail today, reworking my packing list, no lodge on the 8th so I will be able to start packing once DS#2 is in bed (hoping he does not see the luggage in my room in the AM before he goes to school), arranged for shuttle to LAX on the 9th (praying very hard Delta has no problems that night on the Red Eye!) Still need to make ressie for Port back to house. I am thinking a 10am pick up from port should work. My co-workers at the office are laughing at me because they are hoping I actually do take a break once I am on ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edna mode
Morning music just for us - this was our welcome to Barcelona. We're standing on our verandah on deck 6 facing the town.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkhzk3f9FIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaulater
Okay, that brought tears to my eyes.

I agree, the post of the fireworks is great and worth sharing with everyone. I really enjoyed watching them from the deck, but wow to see them from the air like that was truly amazing. Thank you again for posting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiserAnn
I hate to say this but it's so warm here that we have our A/C on!!! It's supposed to be in the 80s tomorrow. I'm always amazed how it can be snowing somewhere and horribly hot in another place!!

They are calling for high 90's this weekend Burbank and I have a parade to march in on Sat and a charity car show to work at on Sunday. Good training for the Transit on the 16th:laughing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiserAnn
Hey, if you guys have a night when a few folks are missing at your table, maybe we and McDonalds (Kaylee) could sneak over to early seating and join you guys!:cool2: (We're late seating)

Everyone is always welcome to slide into our table anytime (early seating)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo
Hi kids!
I've been encouraging everone I talk to to remember to let their table mates know when they don't plan on going to the dining room for just this reason. It would be nice to be able to pick up the phone and invite a DIS friend (from out of your rotation) to join you one night for dinner! PLUS...don't forget, you can always make breakfast or lunch dates with folks you'd like to know better!

Works for me, great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edna mode
Vicki, We got there at about 8:30 -9:00 and there was a small line in front of us and everyone was already heading into the terminal. I don't remember numbers or anything like that I was so excited to meet people that I'd been talking to for a over a year. So, I headed straight to the upgrade line (since the ship was only half full - that won't happen this year!!!) The characters were out and it was a blast. It was hard to believe that we weren't even onboard yet. We will go at 8:30 this time to get there at 9:30. Linda, Susie and I will be at the ears handing out the lanyards, white boards and mini navigators after we get checked in. There are some seats next to the ears and we'll be planted there.

I will look for you by the ears to pick up our lanyards. I will be the one that looks like a loaded down mule with toothpicks holding its eyes open andtwo sled dog puppies running ahead of me, trying to pull me on to the ship as fast as they can.

See everyone very soon!

ok, I am having Deja' Vu. Doing laundry at 2am while the boys sleep seems to be getting to be a habit. I won't mind as much on day 8 or 9 of the cruise as I can call for fruit or cookies from room service to be sent to the laundry room!

Good night everyone and see you all in 2 weeks!

Good Morning from Scotland:thumbsup2

Wow, No. 14 now, who was chatting all night? Nan, Is that you - didn't keep quiet while I was sleeping:lmao:

Any thoughts?

Well, I think it is cheaper than Discovery Cove!! Is that right cos I am confuse over dollar to pounds. My husand, Olivia and I had been in Discovery Cove - loved it and I am sure that you all will enjoy it.

I bought two box of toffee for the club from Scotland as better than nothing.

I did gave them last year on Med cruise and they gave us beautiful sign photo with name on to Olivia and Keith (one each) on last day. It was nice of them. I keep it and will put it in frame but I have not done it yet ;)

shutter002.jpg

Scottishwee35

New disney Crocs out soon!!

"Guests at Disney World theme parks are used to seeing all colours of Disney Crocs, some plain with Mickey Head cut outs and others based on Pirates of the Caribbean.

Well this summer sees a few new styles and accessories based on Hannah Montana, High School Musical and some based on WALL-E. They will be on sale from May although High School Musical ones will be from the summer."

This is my countdown at the moment.

9 days, 22 hours, 55 minutes, 51 seconds.

:dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter