May 10th - the 17th.........crowd ????

melissamomof2

Earning My Ears
Thank you for the advice the other day, I think we are settled on the week of May 10th. Should we be ok crowd wise then? Also we are up in the air on where to stay. Our timeshare has a few choices...."Westgate Lakes Resort", "Clarion suites and Spas at resort world", "Star island resort", "Liki tiki Village", or the "Fairfield Orlando at star island". Any advice on any of those places?

Thank you all so much!!!!

Melissa

i went around that time in May and thought that it was wonderful. We had wonderful weather..around 80. The crowds were for the most part light...the garden fest was going on at Epcot when we were there...so that is a real treat if it will be going on when you are there. I think the fact that the weather was so nice made it great. Of course...it is Florida and you could have a chilly May.
hope this helps!

Concerning the off-site resorts you have questions about, post a question in the "Orlando hotels & Attractions" board and you should be able to get some help there.

As for crowds, you should be fine. May is typically the calm before the storm (summer).

We arrived Mother's Day weekend in 2000 & 2001 and the first week in 2002. Weather was hot all 3 years - around 90. We had some days 95 this year. No rain at all. Crowds weren't bad. On Mothers Day, you can get free family pictures in the World Showcase (similiar to MVMCP) and Mom's get carnations at the entrances to all parks. We're planning to go May 10-16 in 2003.

DH and I visited WDW last year during that same week (my birhtday!) and found the crowds to be very light. Wait times for most attractions were posted 15 minutes but they were more like 5 minutes max. Most of the regular rides (not the mountains, etc....) were walk ons. The park hours at MK were pretty short but we were able to accomplish everything we wanted to but were not able to take an afternoon break. We encountered a little rain each day (15 minutes to half an hour) but found that it didn't really cool things off. I would say it was mid 80's or better with pretty high humidity each day. We stayed off site at Star Island. We got a great rate if we attended their timeshare presentation. The room we had was great with all the amenities and a beautiful jacuzzi tub in the bedroom. The location was very convenient as well. I had heard some bad things about the place but we actually had a good experience. There was some construction going on while we were there and the power did go out for a couple of hours one night but it didn't spoil our vacation.

Hope I helped! Feel free to ask questions.

Kris

I hope so! I'll be there too.

I don't know about the resorts. I'll be over at the Boardwalk Villas.

Those are the same dates we are going, I think I'm more excited than the kids. :teeth: As for the timeshares, I can only give you info. on one and that is Westgate, we are owners there. I really am not impressed with them. We bought many years ago and a few years back we had decided to actually use our week there. (most of the time we traded for other places in the area) It looked like the rooms hadn't been updated since we purchased. Same old furniture, filthy carpets, and the list goes on. Westgate is also know to be VERY pushy when it comes to pitching sales. We have stayed at the Vistana Resorts and absolutely loved it. Wish we would have bought there :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter